PDA

View Full Version : A very pleasant surprise

Jean 103
06-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Yesterday I had an appointment for the hair with a very good friend at her salon. She does my color and it is time to do the roots. There is another lady there in one of the chairs having her done too. My friend Nancy introduced us, but I didn't get her name. I was also going to have Nancy cut my hair. I have been letting it grow out for a year now. I had already prepared my BFF that I may be crying the rest of the day. Nancy did a perfect job like always. This is about the other lady. So we were talking about hair and things . I recognize the voice, it's Becky or is it? I look at her closely and just can't say for sure. Becky is the oldest sister of my best friend from my childhood, who past away years ago. . This was my second family. The image I have of her in my head she is like 16, it's how I like to remember her. Now she is over fifty. I think the last time I saw her was 15 years ago. So she walks out of the shop and I ask Nancy if that was Becky, she says yes and names her two sisters, the youngest is no longer with us. I run out the door knock on her window , she rolls it down and introduce my self with my guy name. She lights up, opens the door and we hug. We exchange numbers, and will get together latter. Nancy and I grew up like a mile apart but did not know each other as kids. She met me and knows me as Jean. This like one degree of separation.

me1101
06-18-2017, 05:18 PM
that is awesome so happy for u

LeannS
06-19-2017, 09:18 AM
always great to hear about positive things that happen in our lives

Leann

Hell on Heels
06-19-2017, 12:45 PM
Hell-o Jean,
That's so cool!
And amazing that you
were able to recognize Becky's
voice after that much time had passed.

Have you been in touch with her yet?

Much Love,
Kristyn

Lana Mae
06-19-2017, 03:57 PM
Great! So glad you had such a positive experience! Hugs Lana Mae

Jean 103
06-19-2017, 09:15 PM
Hi Kristyn,
Becky is like a sister to me. I spent a good part of my childhood at their house. This is like when you wanted to see your friend you walked over to their house and knocked on their door. No I haven't called her yet but I will. I did ask her about Wednesday night, karaoke at the bar. She said it wouldn't work for her. This weekend is flower festival. Like the biggest weekend of the year for this town. It starts Wednesday, but for me it always starts with the parade on Saturday, that ends at the park. Everyone in town goes to the park sometime during the weekend. I think of it as a big reunion, hangout at the park and you will see people you haven't seen in years, if you grew up here as I did.
Love Jean