PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Me

deebra
06-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Just can't understand how so many sales assistants in so many stores remember me. I'm not bad looking but not a freak or male centerfold either but do wear some female clothes and my appearance is male. In winter I usually wear women's heeled boots, boot cut jeans, belt and underdressed in hose, panties and sometimes bra. I do speak to the SA's and am always polite. And they all see me going to the women's department and trying on women's shoes, jeans, etc. as well as just browsing and looking at women's clothes. The thing is some of these stores I haven't been back to in 6 months but they remember me, even come over to engage in conversation and always ask me back, much more I believe than they would the average customer. Is it because I'm the only guy that wears some female clothing and not shy about shopping and trying it on. Looks like with all of their other customers over 6 months or longer I would be forgotten. Surely their are other CD's that come in or am I the only one they have ever seen? It's not that I dislike it, I just don't understand it. It just happened to me in PayLess.

If you know let me know.

Eveva
06-20-2017, 01:39 PM
Not quite the same, but related in all my years of working in hotels I can still recall guest names and previous stays/events. I'm terrible with names in general so its rather amazing. Also working in any kind of sales esp beyond basic retail sales like walmart, into mall style boutique stores the SA's are probably not treated that well by the customer base. I know going from a mid range business brand to a mid range extended stay with a prominent brand that the desk clerks were treated much much worse due to some kind of entitlement from that particular location/customer base. Yet another reason could be commission. I'm really not sure how many places still have people working off commission but it seems to bring out the best in the brand/store/and SA. I know even as my average male self when a SA anywhere remembers my name I am amazed and take notice.

Robertacd
06-20-2017, 01:52 PM
I am sure the numbers of CD vs. "regulars" is great, but you probably look relaxed and confident and engage in conversation.

In general a good customer and a return customer, that they would like to make into a regular customer.

Unlike the shy CD who try's to sneak in and sneak out without anyone seeing them looking at woman's clothes.

Jodi
06-20-2017, 04:05 PM
I took myself out shopping today. went to White House/Black market, Chicos, and Macys. I was dressed in guy mode. I was greeted by name and got a hug from the SA in each store.

as was said above, I am a serious shopper, polite, relaxed, honest, and engage in conversation. SA's remember this.

shopping is not only easy, it can be a lot of fun.

jodi

suzanne
06-20-2017, 05:42 PM
I just read Jodi's post and her experience is the same as mine and just about everyone else's who has learned the joys of dress shopping.

Looking like a male in women's clothing is quite enough all on its own to get you remembered wherever you go. You're not unique in going out like that, but you are rare enough that you make an impression. Not that there's anything bad about that, either. You have to remember that most female SA'S like customers like us. We tend to carry a positive attitude into the store with us, and are pretty easy to sell to. At my favorite store, several of the SA'S claimed me as "their" customer and were known to be disappointed if I made an appearance when they weren't working. They treat me like a friend, an honored guest or even family. And if you meet a new employee at a store, and she says to you, "I've heard a lot about you", that's usually in a good way.

Tracii G
06-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Some people leave an impression and its nothing more than that.
Could be a facial expression or a certain look but anyway if they didn't run the other way you left a good impression the first time LOLOL

redtea
06-20-2017, 06:01 PM
It's probably the boots being a dead giveaway.

If it was just womens jeans than you might be forgotten but women pay attention to shoes and a man in heeled boots is extremely rare in public.

Kandi Robbins
06-20-2017, 06:18 PM
Deebra,

The reality is that we are unusual in the context of what the SAs see every day. I have had SAs come up to me as I simply walked through a store that had seen me maybe 6 months prior. They are always so kind, always so complementary, but we are memorable. Especially if we hold ourselves with confidence and a smile.

This is not an uncommon experience. Enjoy it!

NancySue
06-20-2017, 06:34 PM
Guys usually don't go into the hosiery departments but, my enjoyment of hosiery, especially Hanes Silk Reflections over rides any hesitations. The SA at Macy's remembers me, commenting how she thought how nice I was. I feel comfortable (literally) visiting her. I'm 99% sure she knows I wear hose and probably more. She is very knowledgeable and tells me the pros and cons of each brand. When she slips the demo over her hand to show me how the color will look, I just smile. Last week, I couldn't help it...I pulled up my pant leg to show her my Hanes, Barely There..my favorite. She always wears hose (must be nice..lol). She told me she now only wears Hanes Silk Reflections, loves them and owes it all to me...go figure.
With each visit, we always chat about women's clothes. I don't know where this is going. I just know we get along very well.

Teresa
06-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Deebra,
Don't be fooled they do get CDers in more often than you realise, but they will remember you because they still have to deal with a man buying women's clothes for himself . I've often had SAs comment that I ask more questions than most female shoppers because I'm concerned about getting it right and would prefer not to do a return . I was surprised to hear that from the beautician in Boots about makeup, she is still surprised how few women take up the opportunity of having their skin colour checked , they tend to stick with what they've always used .
I don't think many of them dislike it I feel we intrigue them , what makes a guy tick so he needs to buy female clothes. I still recall trying some heels on in Next and had three SAs enjoying the moment, as I walked out I heard one say ," I would love to see my dad in heels like that and walk as well in them !" No way are they going to forget that , I gave them something to joke about at their tea break .

Sheila11
06-22-2017, 10:06 AM
Girls wearing guys clothes is ordinary. Guys wearing girls clothes is extraordinary. We all remember the extraordinary.