PDA

View Full Version : Using Second Facebook Account

Sami Brown
06-28-2017, 09:04 AM
Greetings!

I want to setup a second Facebook account for my CD activities, using a different email address. My understanding is that a person is allowed only one "real" Facebook account, and no "fake" accounts. What's the real story?

Thanks, Sami

redtea
06-28-2017, 09:09 AM
Whats the worst that could happen, you get banned on facebook.

njcddresser
06-28-2017, 09:24 AM
Use 2'differemt email accounts, 2 different FB user names. Done

Krea
06-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Hi Sami,
Ok, technically it's not allowed, but then so are many other things... :)
As long as you use a different e-mail address for each account you shouldn't have any problems.
There are many fake/multiple accounts out there, so as long as you use a name which sounds real there is no reason for anyone to question it's authenticity. It is usually things like spamming which attract their attention.
Keeping different groups of friends on each account so there is no obvious link should help as well.

Nic :)

Sarah Doepner
06-28-2017, 09:45 AM
I have to admit I've been doing this for a while now. The trick has been to install a second browser on your computer and initiate the FB account from there. That keeps them from attempting to merge your profiles and offering your second account as a possible "friend" to all those folks you aren't ready to tell about Sami. Firefox, Chrome and Safari all work to create that firewall.

LeannS
06-28-2017, 09:57 AM
Sami I have 2 both different browsers and different email addresses
I did have Leann as a friend till my wife asked why did I added my exwife as afriend lol

it works for me.

Leann

countrygirl
06-28-2017, 10:02 AM
I have a male account and I have a account for Amanda. I have a email for my male self and an email for Amanda. Same way with Twitter and YouTube. No problems.

DIANEF
06-28-2017, 10:37 AM
I have two accounts, using different variants of my real name and different e-mail addresses.

Heidi Stevens
06-28-2017, 11:34 AM
I refused to give into the "dark side" for years. Finally after some reassurance from others that have been or are still on Cross Dressers. Com, I set up an account for Heidi. If you're hesitant like me, set it up that only Friends can see posts. Friend me if you'd like links to safe friends that share our experience.
BTW, my male persona still does not have an account.

IamWren
06-28-2017, 11:44 AM
I'm curious why it is that you want a facebook account for your femme side?

I'm assuming that since you want to create a second account there is some reason (or reasons) for not sharing photos, adding likes and CD friends to your current FB account. I hope I don't come across as rude or combative. That's not my intention at all. I'm just curious as to why and if the risk worth doing this.

I'm deep, deep in the closet and there is no way with FB's facial recognition software, IP address matching and other algorithms that are able to identify users and then match them with friends and interests from one list to the other that I would even consider doing this.

Sami Brown
06-28-2017, 12:06 PM
Sue,

I am joining an LGBT group that is three hours away from my small town. Although they have a website, they don't keep it updated. However, they do post event schedules on their Facebook page. Being so far away, I can go only for weekend events, and would like to know about them as soon as possible for planning purposes. I am hoping to be able to keep updated without using my male Facebook account.

I really don't use my male account much. I opened it to learn how to link my company's website to Facebook accounts. I rarely post anything on it, but I have family and such as Friends. These people don't need to know about Sami, so that is the main reason why I need another account for tracking the events for the new group.

I know a few people who are glued to Facebook and other social media platforms. Personally, I don't want the entire world knowing what I am doing on a day-to-day (or hour-by-hour) basis, but I understand the need others have for that socialization outlet. I use it only as a tool, on an as-needed basis.

I didn't know that Facebook has facial recognition software. I have the webcam disabled on my laptop. I work from home, and the last headache I need is a business meeting attendee seeing me dressed to the nines!

Dana44
06-28-2017, 12:18 PM
I had to open a Facebook account and used my fem side to get to other posts.. I use a fem email and no picture of my self on there yet. I might do that, but maybe a vied picture. Have to defeat the recognition software. Maybe one with sunglasses on. As a known author, I don't want to be recognized.

Tracii G
06-28-2017, 12:22 PM
I keep hearing facial recognition soft wear being bantered around but I doubt it really is a thing.
If it were true all the ladies here that had 2 accounts for years would have said something and there would be tons of threads on the subject.
I think its another excuse for not doing a female account on FB
I have had male and female accounts for a long time and have never had any issues.
Use separate browsers,email addresses, and don't use your male name.
One tip I need to mention when you get both accounts running block your male account form you female account.
That way there is no bleed over

Sami Brown
06-28-2017, 12:29 PM
That is a good tip about blocking, Tracii. Thank you!

Tracii G
06-28-2017, 12:42 PM
You are so welcome Sami.
In fact I have some of the same friends on both accounts and there has never been a problem.
I have one GG friend that is on both male and female pages and my male comments do not show on my girl page.
She is friends with my daughters and I do see their posts on her comments but they have never said anything to me or have even tried to friend me.
And trust me they would be the type to say "hey Dad what are you doing with a female FB page?"

Kelly DeWinter
06-28-2017, 12:44 PM
2 Keep them separate . Open one with the cell phone FB app and the other with the Cell Phone Browser like google. Also keep in mind the FB app uses your Cell Phone to verify and to reset passwords if you key in your cell phone in FB search your it will show the account with associated with the app. all of your app will also associate with that account.
If you set your Browser to clear all data when you log off it will not confuse the two.
I've been using this set up for years with no problem, although I reversed the order on purpose to confuse my friends family clients and coworkers.

Ceera
06-28-2017, 02:42 PM
As others said, use a different e-mail for the second account, and be careful about what info you post that might link the two (such as posting the same birth date, or a lot of similar info in the 'About' section for where you live and have lived before or where you worked).

Be careful about posting pictures that might easily be recognized as your male side. I do not believe FB does anything with face recognition to attempt to link accounts proactively, but people who happen across your account certainly could recognize you, and people tagging pictures in either of your two accounts might get recommendations for tagging based on your images in both accounts.

Block your male account and any family member's accounts or people on your male side's Friends list that you wouldn't want to find you. I got outed to my sister because I didn't think to block her FB account. Of course, you can't block everyone but you CAN set your account to only be visible to Friends you have accepted. That means you'll have to be the one doing the Friend requests for anyone that you want to connect with via FB.

If you have ANY friends in common between the two accounts, there is a chance that FB will recommend your new account as 'someone you may know' to friends on your other account. Their algorithm for that seems to work on the basis that a friend of someone you're friends with might be a potential friend for you.

Even with all of that, anyone could report your account as 'fake', and FB will take it down unless you can show real ID, like a drivers license, to verify it is a 'real person's account'.

===

There is a way that is 'within the rules' to set up a FB page for a second identity, but it stands a much better chance of being seen by friends of your FB page for your male account. You can create, within your male account, a FB Page for a 'fictional character', such as would be done for an author setting up a page for a character in their stories, for fans to reference. Or such as a band might do, to set up a FB page for fans of a musician or band that is separate from their personal FB page. The problem there is that there is a strong possibility that the page will occasionally get recommended to your male account's Friends as 'someone you may know'.

I did a 'Page' for Ceera as part of my male account, and set no Friends for that page that overlapped my male side. I still got a friend request from one of my male account's Friends. I deleted the Page rather than risk being outed to that friend or any other friends or family.

Since then, I set up a separate account with a different e-mail address, and it's worked fine for years - though it did out me to a few people.

Sami Brown
06-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Thanks, Ceera, for the tips on the account settings. Got everything set to friends only now.

Gwyneth
06-28-2017, 06:46 PM
I keep hearing facial recognition soft wear being bantered around but I doubt it really is a thing.
If it were true all the ladies here that had 2 accounts for years would have said something and there would be tons of threads on the subject.
I think its another excuse for not doing a female account on FB

It is a thing! A friend was loading some pix on her Facebook and suddenly it asked if she wanted to tag me. I was standing in the background. Didn't even know the pic was being taken.

IamWren
06-28-2017, 07:20 PM
...I do not believe FB does anything with face recognition to attempt to link accounts proactively,....

It's a thing. This link straight from facebook itself.
https://www.facebook.com/help/122175507864081?helpref=faq_content

How does Facebook suggest tags?

When someone uploads a photo of you, we might suggest that they tag you in it. We're able to compare your friend's photos to information we've put together from your profile pictures and the other photos you're tagged in. If this feature is turned on for you, you can choose whether or not we suggest your name when people upload photos of you. Adjust this in your Timeline and Tagging settings.
We currently use facial recognition software that uses an algorithm to calculate a unique number (“template”) based on someone’s facial features, like the distance between the eyes, nose and ears. This template is based on your profile pictures and photos you’ve been tagged in on Facebook. We use these templates to help you tag photos by suggesting tags of your friends. If you remove a tag from a photo, that photo is not used to create the template for person whose tag was removed. We also couldn’t use a template to recreate an image of you.

Tracii G
06-28-2017, 08:57 PM
OK I guess it IS a thing.
I think you are worried about nothing IMO
How about one you learned experts here prove how this "softwear" has caused you to get "outed" on FB.
I think its just another excuse but if you are afraid to have a girl account don't make one.
For those of you that do then do as several here have suggested and you should be fine.

MelanieAnne
06-28-2017, 09:27 PM
Free Email addresses are available on Google, AOL, Yahoo, and other sites. Before you start, create a persona, town, high school, age, name. etc. Don't put too much info on the account, despite their nagging. And they do nag you to post your high school, college, job, etc. You almost need a Facebook account these days just to see or lurk on other forums and pages. Many websites say "Log in with your Facebook account". Their tentacles are into everything. Be careful commenting on other forums. There is always someone who may disagree with what you post, and flag you as a "Fake Account. You will get many friend requests. Allow some friends to lend authenticity to your account. Just don't post anything personal or anything that could identify you. Share some pics and videos. An empty profile is often considered a sign of a fake account. Then Facebook locks or disables your account, and demands to see your drivers license and other very personal information to prove who you are. Facebook demands too much personal information, and their servers are no more secure than any others. Just open a new account and start over. If you are concerned about your IP address, go to the local library and open your Facebook account there. That would be the IP address associated with the account, and you are free to check your account from anywhere.

Ceera
06-28-2017, 11:59 PM
As aBoyNamedSue pointed out, Facebook does use facial recognition to suggest tagging for photos. But as far as I can tell, that is all that they use it for. If your femme appearance is sufficiently different, it will not suggest you for opposite gender pics. Long hair versus short hair, lipstick versus no lipstick, makeup contouring effects, different style glasses or no glasses, boobs versus flat chest - these can all throw off their face sensing algorithms. I tag a lot of photos of myself in FB, for both my male and female images, and have yet to ever have it suggest that an opposite gender pic of me should use the other gender's name for tagging.

Now if you are a person who likes wearing dresses and no makeup or wig to disguise your male face, then yeah, Facebook's face recognition could definitely out you in tagging suggestions. I would avoid Facebook entirely in that case! But a wig and even minimal makeup should throw it off the scent.

Tracii G
06-29-2017, 12:07 AM
What exactly is an algorithm anyway?

bridget thronton
06-29-2017, 02:10 AM
An algorithm is simply a set of steps for accomplishing some task (in this case written in some computer programming language)

Krea
06-29-2017, 02:15 AM
Tracii - Algorithm is a technical euphemism for a wild guess.... :laughing:

Tracii G
06-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Thanks Bridget.
So I use them in everyday life like when mowing my yard or re stringing a guitar? Fancy that.
~Nic~ Thanks so much LOL.

Sami Brown
06-29-2017, 09:22 AM
If you have five minutes or so, here is a good introductory video about algorithms (https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-science/algorithms/intro-to-algorithms/v/what-are-algorithms). I think it is generalized enough that you don't need a degree in computer science to understand it.

And yes, Tracii, mowing your yard is an excellent example of an algorithm in use. You may go up and down the yard, across the yard, or around the edges in a circle. They all get the yard mowed, but are different ways to do it. Each is an algorithm for mowing a lawn, with their own pluses and minuses.

Kelly DeWinter
06-29-2017, 12:38 PM

Nicn - WAG or 'Wild Ass Guess' is the the consultants term for a Algorithm that you pay for.

Dana44
06-29-2017, 12:58 PM
Try writing a genetic algorithm. Yeah I am writing them now. . To have efficient algorithms for thinking. and yes some wild ass guesses from disparate information.

Gwyneth
06-29-2017, 09:25 PM

I thought he was the vice president.

Tracii G
06-29-2017, 11:15 PM
How does one write an algorithm?
I have a friend that runs the IT dept of a large hospital chain and when he tells me stuff its like a different language.
I asked him a question once and he rambled on about 30 mins with "if your gnac system isn't recognizing your Purgs interface the system can't co stang with the hard drive motoc lineage.
I say honey thats fine but I have no idea what you just said so have another beer.

Sami Brown
06-30-2017, 12:43 AM
Like most any profession, computer science has its share of lingo. I am sure, Tracii, there is lingo for guitars and such.

I will give a try to answer your question, but if it is still confusing, feel free to ask more questions. Think of an algorithm as being a methodology for accomplishing a task. As you know, there can be a number of ways to accomplish a task. Go to YouTube to see how to do something, and you might have dozens of different ways to accomplish the same thing, with some being better than others. You choose one of the videos, follow the steps, and accomplish the goal (hopefully!)

With computer algorithms, it isn't you that is accomplishing the steps. It is the computer. Unfortunately, computers are really stupid and have to be told the steps in minute detail. The are machines that don't understand English, so the steps have to be programmed in a language the computer can understand. There are hundreds and hundreds of different specialized computer languages. I know a couple of dozen, and it is tedious work to tell the computer exactly what to do.

Computers really are morons, having to be told over and over the same simple steps that you can do fairly easily by watching a YouTube video. But once the algorithm is programmed correctly, that moronic computer can follow those steps much faster than any person can! It is the speed, and the properly coded algorithm, that makes these ignoramus computers appear to be so very, very intelligent.

Tracii G
06-30-2017, 06:59 AM
Some how all that doesn't make sense.
You make a program to tell the computer what to do but it has to be told each time how to whatever the task is?
Guitars actually only function if you assemble them the correct way.The rest is up to the player.
Lingo? well each part has a name and a proper place, adjusting the unit to its peak playability is the tricky part.

Gwyneth
06-30-2017, 07:24 AM
Computers are only a tool. The people that put them together and/or program them are geniuses. Or so it appears. Doesn't seem that way to some of them. Just like when you pick up a guitar you know how to use a capo. I had to look it up to see what its called. I could spout off about GD&T and only I few would know what I'm talking about and how to use it. It takes a village.

Now this doesn't have too much to do with Facebook or its better than the FBI's facial recognition.

Tracii G
06-30-2017, 07:31 AM
Geometric tolerances is that what you speak of?

BrendaPDX
06-30-2017, 07:52 AM
I have a chromebook and just set up two users, and then set up two facebook accounts. Seems to be working for me. Brenda

atxpantyboy
06-30-2017, 08:32 AM
FB also uses your phone number as identification to identify and suggest friends you may know based on other connections. So even with a private account and a separate email, browsers, etc, if you use the same phone number for account verification, FB will show your new profile to the friends you already have on your other account. I went through this when trying to create an empty FB account just for using other apps that require a FB login. FB would still show my "private" profile to friends and family and suggest that they add me as a friend.

Gwyneth
06-30-2017, 09:23 AM
Geometric tolerances is that what you speak of?

Dimensioning and tolerance. Use it every day.

Stacy Darling
06-30-2017, 10:41 AM
Hi Sami,

As everyone says, it can be done, I have Stacy as my Primary account! (no secondary)

So the only thing is! You need to be comfortable enough to know that every account which you have, will be ultimately traced backed to you!

Stacy

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Sami,

As everyone says, it can be done, I have Stacy as my Primary account! (no secondary)

So the only thing is! You need to be comfortable enough to know that every account which you have, will be ultimately traced backed to you!

Stacy

Tracii G
06-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Dimensioning and tolerance. Use it every day.

I thought so I'm really not as dumb as I sound LOL
I work with dimensions and tolerances everyday.

kimdl93
06-30-2017, 01:24 PM
I always figured that Traci was tolerant.

Gwyneth
06-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Good dimensions too!

Tracii G
06-30-2017, 02:18 PM
I like to think I am tolerant LOL

StevieTV
07-01-2017, 10:46 AM
I did for a while then deleted it. My regular account has already figured me out.

Gwyneth
07-04-2017, 12:49 PM
I like to think I am tolerant LOL

Tolerant is easy. Its the dimensions I have trouble with.

Becky Blue
07-04-2017, 06:30 PM
I have had dual FB accounts for almost 10 years no problem at all. Beck's Facebook I have blocked every person that I can think of from my male life, that will reduce the odds that Becky is suggested as a friend to one of my other FB friends. When you are logged on to your girl profile never look at the pages of any of your male FB contacts. Also be aware that recently FB has changed the login page on browsers and they show your profile pic to make for faster login, be aware that you can get both your profile pics presented.

susann_gardener
07-05-2017, 09:32 AM
I too have an account for Susann.
However, I almost never use it as the Susann identity comes up after using that account. With multiple devices, it's just too scarry.

TrishaTX
07-05-2017, 06:44 PM
I currently have two and it works great. Some tips, don't use your phone number on both or it will start to recommend you to friends on your guy one. There are also allot of crazy foreign guys trying to friend you, don't do it. Find some good friends and use it like your other one. Its great.

Kelly DeWinter
07-05-2017, 09:04 PM
... I forgot to mention. On FB after awhile you will eventually get some twit who will steal your identity and create an account pretending to be you.

barbara gordon
07-07-2017, 10:59 PM
You do need to be careful with two accounts . Have one on the phone and one on the desktop or laptop computer.
And dont connect your phone to either.
About Facial recognition-- iphone has this in the photos app other phones probably have similar.
My experience is that with makeup and hair being different this software does split me into more than three recognizable personas ... this can be a good guideline to know how fb might recognize you ... you can be more dramatic in your eye makeup or things like lip corners and contouri g makeup to throw the software off a little.

Lynn Sealy
08-08-2017, 08:47 AM
I have two accounts, and can switch between the two through Facebook. Main thing is to be sure you sign out of the femme account and back to your mail account before closing the page. Hasn't happened to me, but have seen several people write of failing to do so and being outed.

Friend me if you'd like. User Name is LynnSealyTX

Lynn

DanielleLee
08-08-2017, 08:58 AM
I had a second account, however I ended up deleting it. I grew leary of it when Danielle kept popping up as a suggested friend under my male profile. There was only one mutual friend on both profiles, who was in no way connected to anyone close to my immediate friends and family, however it was enough to make me stop and take pause. There is something to their algorithms.

ClosetED
08-08-2017, 09:02 AM
People create accounts for their pets - Does FB ban them as fake accounts - No.
I have 2 accounts, 2 different e-mail addresses. I set up drab account for high school reunion connection and friended my family, but rarely go there. I use the app. For Ellen ThePrettyOne, I use the browser in Private mode. So far, neither FB's facial recognition nor has Apple's Photo version made the connection between Ellen and drab me.
Hugs, Ellen

Kayliedaskope
08-08-2017, 04:10 PM
I used to have an account for Kaylie on Facebook .... Somehow, the wizards decided it was a fake account, and wanted me to provide a driver's license or other proof of identification to show that Kaylie was indeed a real person Obviously, since I didn't have the correct documentation and couldn't very well give the info from my drab account, I lost that one.

ricki4678
08-12-2017, 02:59 PM
I have two accounts, using different variants of my real name and different e-mail addresses.

I do the same

Jenni Yumiko
08-12-2017, 03:16 PM
I bought An Ipad just for Jen stuff, this also works well in case someone in the house uses my personal computer as I don't have to worry about private browsing, etc on the computer.
I have two personal phones that I sim switch for GNO's with a completely different untied Apple ID.
Not that I need to hide anything from my wife, however my kids are very tech savvy and don't really want them snooping on me.
Facebook has never correlated my two accounts. I suppose I could go a step further and use a co lo for a vpn and relocate myself for geolocation, maybe if my wife didn't know I would.

susan54
08-12-2017, 05:58 PM
I am only on Facebook as Susan. For my male self I am on Linkdin. I once sent Susan an email from my own email account - mistake - so I now come up as a suggested friend on her account. People I know have come up as suggested friends on Facebook but only because they are lined to one of the few people Susan links to. All Susan stuff is done on a separate Susan computer so no possibility of farming email addresses from other accounts. So far so good, The thought of having Susan images on my main phone or computer is way too scary.

BLUE ORCHID
08-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Hi Sami:hugs:, Use a different computer and a different E-mail ...:daydreaming:...

StephanieM
08-13-2017, 05:13 PM
I use a different browser for each account, and will not use a phone number on the second accout even though they keep asking for one.
If anyone is interested I go by Stepahnie Johnson and my city is Tallahasse on facebook.

Lexi_83
08-16-2017, 12:37 AM
Lexi had way more friends, she's much more fun than the drab side....

Laurenlovecd
08-17-2017, 12:06 AM
I have a second Facebook account for Lauren, actually it's kind of my first account now, because I use it far more often than I use my other account. There is a huge CD community on Facebook, and of course a bunch of trolls. I only friend the CD's for the most part, unless a man is very polite and asks for my friendship before sending a request. There are also some great CD groups on Facebook. Have fun!!

Tabitha_Lynn
08-17-2017, 10:15 AM
I have a Tabitha Lynn account, too. Pretty much completely stopped using my old male one. If anyone wants, friend me there (Tabitha Lynn, New Orleans).