PDA

View Full Version : I was spotted by friends while out today - whoops!

Tina June
07-01-2017, 10:09 PM
I was shopping this afternoon with my wife while dressed en femme and we ran into a good friend at a mall store! She lives on the other side of town near another mall - so it was a complete surprise to see her at this mall. Well, I did not run and hide! I took it in stride and we talked to her for a short time before moving on - my wife said to me afterwards "Well, you wanted to get it out to all our friends! here we go!"
Then later this evening we went to a local minor league baseball game ( I toned down my outfit with a team T-shirt [over bra and forms]and a hat - but femme shorts and neon colored sneakers) we ran into my cousin and his wife! he noticed my bright shoes and thought I should tone them down before he went blind! but other than that no problem!

Looks like Marlene is in for some interesting conversations and rumors soon!

kimdl93
07-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Well, it seems you have survived. Its a small world, but maybe not so confining once you're out.

phili
07-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Like ripping off the bandaid- sounds like it is done. And thank goodness!

I found being out created a big change for me- in the sense that after the initial shock is over the questions disappear, people think, well, ok- and overt conversation turns to whatever subject, while people try to make sense of our clothing choices. Why the big deal- what is so great about a bra or femme shorts, etc. They don't and can't really feel all the emotional tension we have tied up in wishing we could wear x and y.

So now I feel rather more demand to be low key, and that cuts two ways- good because I essentially have what I said I wanted=- the right to dress however, but bad because most people aren't really dressing freely, and so trying to communicate various things, like wanting to be noticed and thought sexy, just doesn't work in the ordinary context. Daily humdrum dressing is the norm for most women and that wasn't what was attracting me!

Let us know about day 2~!

Tracii G
07-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Own it GF and let us know what happens.

Sami Brown
07-01-2017, 10:29 PM
Good job reacting! My tendency would be to try to figure out how to flee! I am proud of you for being direct, and I am glad it all seems to have worked out okay.

Sami

IleneD
07-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Great job of thinking on your feet, Mariene.
There's a part of me that mentally rehearses such events and incidents. I already have it in mind that when/if someone recognizes me, I too shall "own it" and will sincerely look them in the eye as Ilene.

Dana44
07-01-2017, 11:25 PM
Marlene, good job on that and let us know any fallout.

Rachelakld
07-02-2017, 01:38 AM
I remember the days when there "had to be an explination"
Thank goodness we have moved on from that and we just own it
Well done

Jean 103
07-02-2017, 01:41 AM
There are some big advantages to being out. As long as you get through the initial stuff. Like being able to wear what u want and be your self. Some may not like it, the rest will not understand. I think you will surprised how many people are supportive.

Jane G
07-02-2017, 02:35 AM
Done, move on and enjoy life all the more. :)

Nicole Erin
07-02-2017, 03:36 AM
Yeah, there is a slight possibility they may bring up Caitlyn Jenner. If they do, just go, "Oh gyod, that old crusty tranny?"

For real tho - most people really could care less. I don't know what it is but aside from the least civilized people, people just... don't care if someone is TG.
It is coming a point where TG are just as boring as everyone else. Kind of a bummer.

I think the only group that is marginalized nowadays are the hipsters but I think they are next in line for the fight for acceptance. Who knows, someday they may even make hipster marriage legal.

Angie G
07-02-2017, 07:06 AM
Good for you looks like you a free bird now so fly girl.:hugs:
Angie

DIANEF
07-02-2017, 07:32 AM
This is another sign that society is becoming more accepting of CD-TS-TG people. Most will deal with it without making any kind of fuss, those that would are slowly becoming the minority.

Rogina B
07-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Marlene, good job on that and let us know any fallout.

And that "might" be? She owned it..there will be no "fallout" that "matters"..

Marcelo
07-08-2017, 04:36 PM
I posted this earlier but in 2014 I started attending the Susan G Komen Race For The Cure events in the DFW area. At the Plano event I saw two of my friends and took the initiative to approach and reveal myself to them. The one on my right seemed really enthusiastic about but the one on the left not so much. This pic got around to a few in our circle but not to anyone who raised questions about it. It was fun and I bragged that I know how to rock the cheerleader uniform! I regret that I don't have that wig anymore... it was discontinued shortly afterwards.

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=268919&d=1479178759&thumb=1

Bobbi46
07-08-2017, 04:54 PM
I don't think its a case of whoops! this will get out further than you think, like my thread the time is here now to start to tell first your closest friends and take it from there as I have done. It is quite a while since my first busting and nothing but good has come out of it that is if you go about it the right way.

Sarah Doepner
07-08-2017, 08:32 PM
My first thought was how supportive your wife sounds about this. She knows you are going to be on the hot seat and seems to be ready to help. Good for both of you and keep us informed.

Jaylyn
07-08-2017, 09:34 PM
I'm thinking deep down you really want to be out, lucky your wife doesn't mind. I guess now all the rumors will be true, but sounds like you and your wife are handling it well, so good job.

jack-ie
07-08-2017, 10:21 PM
My wife confided to a couple of Her close friends. They were friends who we often went out with as couples at the local Legion post. Sometimes socializing, dancing, one of them might engage in a little good natured teasing or pat my butt to see if I was wearing my panties but it was all in good fun. To my knowledge, neither of them ever told their husbands. It was our girly secret and if the husbands were not present, they included me in their conversations as if I was just another gal.

Lana Mae
07-09-2017, 08:20 AM
The cat is out of the bag, so just own it and move on! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae

Tina June
07-09-2017, 09:21 AM
So far, I have not heard anything about being seen out. A few days ago at a group get together at a local landmark, (I was wearing drab, although underdressed) the three who saw me last week were there, one was a little skittish and kept averting her eyes until I made eye contact, smiled and said hi! Unfortunately I couldn't stay much longer and did not get a chance to talk to her directly.
As for my wife's acceptance, it is not 100%, but I am very lucky to have her by my side!

Rhonda Darling
07-09-2017, 09:24 AM
You're from Madison Wisconsin, for Pete's sake, one of the most liberal accepting cities on the planet. I would not expect there to be any downside from your "reveal".

YMMV

Tina June
07-12-2017, 08:31 PM
You're right Rhonda! - "Mad City" is a very accepting place, but that does not mean there aren't plenty of dissenting voices, including my two brothers who are staunch conservatives! (even though they are just about my best friends!) I am luckier than most.

I wish the best for anyone who is coming out to their friends and the public in general. It is never a piece of cake!

Krisi
07-13-2017, 08:09 AM
".............. including my two brothers who are staunch conservatives! ......................... "

You know, a person doesn't have to be labeled a "conservative" or a "liberal". Most of us feel certain ways about some things and other ways about other things. It's not all black or white. A person can agree with conservative political views and at the same time be a crossdresser. He or she can have conservative views on national defense, finance, etc. and still believe it's OK to be gay or that a woman has the right to control her own body.

Now as far as "coming out" as a crossdresser, we all have our own reasons to do or not do this but we also need to consider the feelings of our loved ones. While I might consider coming out, I have my wife to consider. It would embarrass her so that's one reason I don't.

CONSUELO
07-13-2017, 09:59 AM
Good reaction Marlene. Well done and best wishes for all future encounters.

Pumped
07-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Krisi, what you just described is a Libertarian.

BrendaPDX
07-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Cat's out of the bag now. I think you were ready to own it, and you did. God for you!