PDA

View Full Version : Long 3 days and feeling validated

Paula DAngelo
07-05-2017, 10:07 AM
As all of us that are or have transitioned know there will be good days and bad days. All to often we hear about the bad days, which is understandable since this is a support forum, however I feel it's we need to hear about the good days also.

I do security work, and for the last 3 days I've been involved in providing security for one of the biggest yearly fairs/carnivals in the area. I spent the last 3 days mixing in and dealing with probably thousands of people. The whole time while working I was never misgendered by anyone. I can't count the number of times that I was addressed as Miss, or Mam, or referred to as a lady by parents talking to their children. It was amazing how well I was related to by the children, and even the adults. Believe me after 10 hours out in the heat and sun you don't look your best so this acceptance definitely surprised me and I think shows that people are starting to be more accepting.

As good as all this was the best thing during these 3 days was something else. I got a call from my mother saying she needed to go to the hospital emergency room, and could I take her. Stupid question, I think I set a speed record to get to her. The good thing was it really wasn't anything serious but what really made the last 3 days for me was when they asked her who to contact in an emergency she said "My daughter" and pointed to me.

Sometimes things just go right and I think it's something we all need to see and be reminded of.

barbaraclothes
07-06-2017, 05:42 AM
Well done..

Bria
07-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the story, my tears are making it hard to type!

Hugs, Bria

rachael.davis
07-08-2017, 09:24 AM
That's great - your mom is a magnificent lady