PDA

View Full Version : Silky Hose

Dragster
03-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Many years ago, I used to wear my wife's stockings and tights when she wasn't around because it gave me a thrill, especially if I could find lingerie and clothes (that I could get into!) to go with it. I noticed that not all stockings felt the same, and I really liked the ones that felt particularly silky and slippery when you rubbed your legs together. There are products on the market now that are labelled "silky", "satin finish" or "high shine" which look terrific (and I do enjoy wearing them too), but when my thighs rub together, they don't have the feel that I remember (They all feel good when your legs are caressed by a hand wearing satin glove though!). Is anyone else addicted to this feeling too, and which of today's products have this feeling? Is this how real "nylons" feel? Unfortunately, I don't have enough freedom (or budget) to do a full market research, and I'm hoping at least one of you will know what I'm looking for, and where I can get it in the UK.

Many thanks,
Tony

Nikki Dee
03-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi. Tony...I think the "nylons" you are referring to are the fully fashioned seamed stockings...they are available...but not cheap.!!..I get mine from MyTights.com...based in South U.K....you can get tights, stockings...all with different "shine" levels...expect to pay £15/16 for a pair of FF seamed nylons.
Hope this helps.
Love Nikki. xx

sparks
03-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Well there Dragster! Just wondering if your wife knows that you dip into her frillies from time to time. My wife felt terribly hurt when I told her of my "addiction so to say" I'm to leave her things alone! I can't say I balme her and usually buy my own. Just wondering about your situation.

Julia Cross
03-08-2006, 03:00 PM
My experience has been the very sheer nylons made of 100% nylon provide a unique feeling. The fine threads are very slippery and when your legs brush against each other, the nylon threads glide overtop of each making an unmistakable sound. I live in Canada, so what I can buy is likely different than over in GB, however, if you can find the stores in your neighbourhood which sell finer hosiery, evening hose, not everyday hose, they will stock the thin 7 denier or so 100% nylon hose.

Julia

Dragster
03-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks Julie and Nikki, it looks like I should be looking for 100% nylons, none of this lycra stuff then! To be pedantic, aren't nylon and lycra both DuPont trade names for different formulations of polyamide? Any polymer scientists out there who know?

Wow, £15/16 a pair looks pretty steep, and at 7 denier, they're not going to last long are they? I can see me filing down all my toenails, buffing off all my hard skin and wearing my satin gloves to put them on and take them off, but I guess that's all part of being a girl!

Sparks, I did say it was a long time ago! I've bought my own recently, but I also admit occasionally "hi-jacking" some stockings I'd given her as a Christmas gift, and which have lain in her drawer unworn for years. I love her (and making love to her) in black stockings, but she rarely feels motivated to wear them (she says they are uncomfortable, but I find them just plain sexy), and she has quite a stock now!

Thanks for all your responses,
Tony

jjjjohanne
03-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I have found hose with a high spandex or lycra content are rather silky. Some support hose are that way. I frequently wear Leggs Active Support. I have also found Hanes Smooth Illusions are good. I'll have to try the high nylon content as well to see what everyone is recommending!

Felicity
03-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, for that leg-to-leg and sexy feel, I prefer (of what I have):
#1; No Nonsense - Ultra Sheer (10 Denier?) 100% Nylon leg (100/0)
#2; Haynes - Silk Reflections (85/15) 85% Nylon 15% spandex leg
#3; No Nonsense - Almost Bare (15 Denier) (90/10)
#4; L'eggs - Silken Mist (88/12) is my overall favorite for looks and endurance
#5; L'eggs - Sheer Vitality (80/20)

Others:
Stephanie Parks - Silken Sheers (20 Denier) (89/11)
No Nonsense - Sheer Endurance (12 Denier?) (88/12)
Vassarette - MustHaves (81/19)
L'eggs - Sheer Energy (80/20)
Haynes - Alive (?/?) (have no packaged ones left)

Of the sheer No Nonsense I have, there is a sliding scale on the back between 7 and 25 Denier. The smaller the number, the smaller the yarn used for the hose. I.e. smaller is more sheer. Only the Almost Bare states a 15 Denier. The other two, I approximated from the scale. Note however the sheer 100% nylon is my favorite for that 'sexy feel.'

sally anne
03-10-2006, 08:22 PM
ladies try nine west pantyhose they are very sheer and silky and i don't get many runs in them

Felicity
03-11-2006, 04:10 PM
ladies try nine west pantyhose they are very sheer and silky and i don't get many runs in themWell... One run is just too damn many! Makes dicisions hard!

Shiny
03-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Yes I could write a book, and cry about my poor bank account at the subject of "REAL" nylon stockings. Shop National.com (national wholesale co. inc.) has reinstated their style #400 and have them on sale for $6 bucks for two pair!! Which is really yesteryears price! Order the longest style and biggest size as these are not opera length (I wish they were). Notice the length on the model. But these are really shiny and slippery.

Problem #2 is in finding "REAL" nylons that are long enough. I order the opera length and remember how high they went on my thighs, all the way up when I got my first pair. I always wondered how that zippy, slippery feel would be high on the thighs and after getting some of the long length was very satisfied.

You don't have to get the seamed stockings either, and matter of fact some of them have a duller feel, i.e. not as tight, glassy, zippy or slippery as I like.

Secrets in lace is the best place I have found so far but look out. They are very expensive as are their other lingerie and I have been dissapointed in getting some that were the wrong color (and many styles differ in that swishy zip--The "Celene" brand modeled after the old Hanes 415's are by far the best, most economical [even at $20 bucks a pair] style with the white pico trim at the top of the welt. Look for beige as coffee is too dark and the lighter ones feel silkier too! I did get a couple pair of different styles that did not fit though and found a very long pair that had a foot boarded and set to a tiny size 5! the stocking fit all the way up my legs but the heel of the stocking only went half way on my foot! But like I said, nice hose but be warned.

One other thing. There are a few folks out there that don't like that slick feel for reasons I can't imaging. If you like this dull feel when you wear stockings put one of them on inside out. This changes the direction and finish of the stockings that were set on board forms and steamed and will give you a duller feel.

But, I prefer the noisy, glassy and zippy kind myself!

Shiny

Dragster
03-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks again gurlz for all your help. Seems most of came from the USA; isn't anyone in the UK into silky feel stockings? I'll have to start an import business!

Tony

jenny_centaur
03-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks again gurlz for all your help. Seems most of came from the USA; isn't anyone in the UK into silky feel stockings? I'll have to start an import business!

Tony

You should try Marks & Spencer "Silky Soft" tights. They're £5 a pair, but worth every penny. They're on those little hanger things so you can feel how smooth they are before you choose to buy them. The ones I like are 40 denier - I don't know if they do other deniers; they probably do "Silky Soft" stockings too but I haven't looked.

Felicity
03-21-2006, 02:45 PM
I recently bought three pairs pf pantyhose from Nordstrom’s and they are their store brand. The cost is $9.00 a pair or $24.00 for three. I bought one each of their Shimmer, Sheer, and Support. I think they are worth the price. Breakdown:

Nordstrom Shimmer; 6 denier 100% nylon leg, 83% nylon 17% spandex panty
Nordstrom Sheer (http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2794829&boutique=nordstrom&category=2376776~2374325~2379710~2379719&SourceID=&refsid=100075&origin=related%2Dboutique&refcat=2376776%7E2374325%7E2379710%7E2379719&slotid=1); 20 denier 90% nylon 10% spandex leg, 85% nylon 15% spandex panty
Nordstrom Support; 25 denier 78% nylon 22% spandex leg, 84% nylon 16% spandex panty

Anyway, I found I like these. They also have the same series in Ultra Sheer and Opaque. I wonder how thin the Ultra Sheer is? Maybe 4 or 5 denier? I will get another Shimmer while I’m at it. Deep Beige might be dark enough as not to be lighter than my tanned legs, but I may have to stick with black.

Another one I didn’t notice while I was in the store, but will look for is the Nordstrom Diamond Dot Hose (http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2876268&boutique=nordstrom&category=2376776~2374325~2379710~2379719&Search=True&keyword=pantyhose+%3E+In+All+Categories&SearchType=keywordsearch). I like the looks of the one in the link.