PDA

View Full Version : agh...I just want to get pretty

Traci H
07-08-2017, 09:44 AM
It's Saturday and I have a ton of tasks to complete. I am a doer and all these remodeling and car repairs are things I can and do do. But suddenly, I don't feel like crawling under my car and pulling brake lines and getting all covered with rust and fluid. I want to shower, shave, put on makeup, maybe a dress and my new sandals and go out in the world. Now I am not out and my wife is not accepting, so it would not happen quite like that, but I might dress in many of my fem things and go panty or fem jean shopping. Darn. What's a girl to do.

Guess I'll suck it up. Grab the tidbits I can when no ones is around and carry on.

Frustration reigns supreme at times. Anyone else relate to such....aghhhhh

Traci

Laura912
07-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Can relate very easily today while spraying conversion varnish on five large book cases. Dress is shower cap, full face mask, grubby tee shirt, old slacks used for spraying, old long sleeved lab coat used for painting (it can almost stand up by itself because of the amount of paint and over spray on it.), and latex gloves. Nothing femine here folks. Move along....

docrobbysherry
07-08-2017, 12:02 PM
You've no idea how bad it can get, Tracii. :doh:
I've got 3 classic cars that need to be started and driven, 3 messy garages, house, office, and storage garages that all scream to be cleaned and organized. Plus, a leaky shower valve and my daughter's broken toilet.:sad:

And, here I am online and planning Sherry's new shoot!:brolleyes:

WandaRae2009
07-08-2017, 12:33 PM
I can totally relate. The times I get to dress are limited. There have been so many times when I had Important things to get done that were put aside because I had the house to myself and the pink fog took over. Dressed instead of getting those tasks done.

StarrOfDelite
07-08-2017, 01:32 PM
You've no idea how bad it can get, Tracii. :doh:
I've got 3 classic cars that need to be started and driven, 3 messy garages, house, office, and storage garages that all scream to be cleaned and organized. Plus, a leaky shower valve and my daughter's broken toilet.:sad:

And, here I am online and planning Sherry's new shoot!:brolleyes:

Good for you! You definitely have your priorities in the right order!

Sarah Doepner
07-08-2017, 02:26 PM
I keep my options open the best I can to get pretty, but either the tasks at hand or the presence of people who don't know about Sarah keep me fuming and frustrated. It does make those opportunities when I can dress and get out all that more special. I'd almost prefer they not be special however. I'd prefer they were the common, comfortable normal choice of mode that works best considering the situation.

Petra1
07-12-2017, 09:17 AM
I've been know to underdress or to even wear a bra with the big girls to change the oil on the car.

Robertacd
07-12-2017, 10:32 AM
I was about to say the same thing Petra. The GG's that do that kind of stuff themselves do it all while wearing woman's clothes, why not us?

Fiona123
07-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Traci: my situation is exactly the same. I'm sitting now in the lobby of my therapists office. A few minutes ago a woman, obviously trans, passed by in a pretty dress. I so wish I could do that.

Elizabeth G
07-12-2017, 12:13 PM
I feel your pain Traci. I have a very old house that is in the throws of a major remodel and a yard that was neglected for years before my wife and I bought the place. My wife knows about my dressing and tries to create time for met on occasion but it's still not often and even then there's some amount of guilt about ignoring my other responsibilities when I do get to dress.