PDA

View Full Version : People really dont care

CharleneCD
03-08-2006, 08:00 PM
I am putting this here as my gown shopping thread was already a bit long. Today was a good example of how little other people care how we are dressed as long as we act appropriate and like we belong there. At the dress shop we could tell that the 6 or 7 gals who worked there were not used to dealing with CD's. But we would only get an initial wide eyed look and then they treated me like nothing was wrong. The other customers, and there were more than a few, seemed to be a bit uncomfortable at first, but after I came out wearing my first gown they pretty much ignored me. Then at the restaraunt again we were treated normaly, and didn't even get the initial wide eyed look.

Now I am not saying this would happen in all locations and situations, but in the right places it will. I think CDer's as a group worry too much. ( me included) I mean this was a trip out durring the day and with my glasses, voice, and height I have no illusions that I can easily pass except maybe from behind or at over 100 feet away. Even considering this I was treated as the gender I was dressed as.

Julie Avery
03-08-2006, 08:04 PM
I think CDer's as a group worry too much. ( me included) I mean this was a trip out durring the day and with my glasses, voice, and height I have no illusions that I can easily pass except maybe from behind or at over 100 feet away. Even considering this I was treated as the gender I was dressed as.

Thanks for posting this.

Barb Valentine
03-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Do you think most people are more accepting or just don't care ?
ether way I think it's better for us

julie lavender
03-08-2006, 08:12 PM
:cute: I so agree with you, be confident, accept your self,and most people are now accepting, you did well girl ,lol, hugs julie x.:coffee:

GypsyKaren
03-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi Charlene

You know, I've never had any problems at all going out, I'm polite to everybody and smile, and I always get the same back in return.

Karen

Denise01
03-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi Charlene:

Glad you had an enjoyable time when your were out shopping and trying on clothes.
Being house bound for the past 3 months, as it was a nice sunny day decided to go out for a drive and do a little shopping, femme of course.
I was in several stores, and one large mall. The sales girls in the stores treated me like any other lady shopping and any of the shoppers never gave a glance.
In one dress store in the mall, there was a person shopping, he could have been a cd or a performer, by the items he was purchasing, and the sales people there were great and chatted with him. He was in drab, so not question that this person was genetically male.:)
I felt particularily good and comfortable. The sales girl I had, was very pleasant, and if she did realize I was TG sure did not show it. We got chatting, and she commented how she liked my blouse i had on, and that she had one very similar.
Saw a skirt i liked and tried it on, fit great. The sales girl, asked how it was, and i mentioned i would like to try the jacket that went with it. It was a lovely outfit, but did not want to spend that much to-day.
Highlight of the day came when I went in for supper.
I had been given my menu, and was waiting for the server to come to take the order. One of the girls, probably a supervisor, asked " Mam has your order been taken yet "
It felt so good to be treated like a lady, and shown the respect of the staff. As for the other patrons in the restarurant, I did not see one person even give me a second look, so I either passed real well, or they really did not care.

Denise:)

JoAnnDallas
03-09-2006, 09:53 AM
One of the GG's here on this forum was asked a similar question and her response was in the past if she saw a CD she would think the person was transisting and would leave at that. It makes me wonder if many people that relize that we are male, come to the same conclusion. It would explain the reaction of many where at first they get the wide eye look, then turn around and treat us as just another female. Could it be that many people will accept a man that is a TS, thus seeing a CD automaticly assumes the person is a TS and acts accordly.

Sam-antha
03-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Never thought of that response, JoAnne. Probably a city one tho' it is a good idea.

Summer
03-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Charlene,
Good Post.

I think you hit, most people are interested in their own life and would rather not be bothered by others. On the other hand there are those who are looking to make others feel inadaquite! In this case your best to walk on the other side of the street from those.

As to what others think! The sooner one stops thinking about looking for reactions the sooner no one will give you a second glance.

Remember we have to try harder, so do you ever lovin best when you look in the mirror before walking in you high heels and taking your pretty little bunns down that street!

Have fun with you life instead of being neverous all the time.
Happy days Girls
Summer:happy:

Julie Avery
03-09-2006, 03:31 PM
One of the GG's here on this forum was asked a similar question and her response was in the past if she saw a CD she would think the person was transisting and would leave at that. It makes me wonder if many people that relize that we are male, come to the same conclusion. It would explain the reaction of many where at first they get the wide eye look, then turn around and treat us as just another female. Could it be that many people will accept a man that is a TS, thus seeing a CD automaticly assumes the person is a TS and acts accordly.

JoAnn I saw that post (weren't there two, actually, who agreed about that?) and it really struck me, too. Something we learned from a GG that I don't think a CD would have guessed in a million years.

jo_ann
03-09-2006, 09:29 PM
I think most people don't care, a lot of people don't want to cause a confrontation even if they did care... but there's always a few people who like to make others feel bad no matter who it is.