PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor's son!

Lana Mae
07-18-2017, 11:41 AM
I can not mow the lawn anymore! It causes breathing problems! (Any exertion!) Last week or maybe two I asked the neighbor if he could do my lawn and he and his 5 boys came over and did the yard and he said when they mow their yard they will do mine as well! (Nice neighbor, right?) Today the oldest boy came over and mowed the lawn. He came to the door to ask if it was OK. He noticed my fingernails! No panic, just stated the truth(one of the truths!) I cannot bend down to cut my toenails and just have them cut my fingernails and since I am paying for it anyway I get them polished! He said ,"Oh, that's cool!" and went on his way! So, everything will be cool or I will become the neighborhood tranny! Had to happen sometime! Waiting for whatever flack! (good or bad!) Hugs Lana Mae

Tamsin Secret
07-18-2017, 11:45 AM
I would like to think the 'oh that's cool' was genuine. I know the younger generation can be cruel but we were all that younger generation once and each younger era that comes along is ever more liberal and open to all kinds of things we wouldn't have believed when we were younger.

By the way was it clear or did you have a nice bold pink on?

;-)

Lana Mae
07-18-2017, 11:47 AM
I think it was genuine and i was wearing coral nail polish! Hugs Lana Mae

Dana44
07-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Pretty interesting Lana Mae, any extortion cause breathing problems. Have you seen doctor.

Tracii G
07-18-2017, 12:35 PM
Main thing is you got your lawn mowed !!!

Paula2
07-18-2017, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. My neighbor caught me mowing my lawn in shorts and a pair of flats once. All he asked was "are you wearing woman's shoes?"
I told him yeah they are comfortable. All he said was "whatever" he has never treated me any different!

Lana Mae
07-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Dana, I see a Pulmonologist on a regular basis! (lung/breathing doctor) I take medicine for it but I have good days and bad days and grass pollen and dust can cause my COPD to flair up! Not to speak of allergies! I am aware of it all and so is the doctor so I just live with it as best I can! Hugs Lana Mae

Dana44
07-18-2017, 03:35 PM
LOL Lana I am allergic to grass. So I understand that a bit.

Jaylyn
07-18-2017, 04:23 PM
Lana I bet that neighbor boy didn't really care if you were wearing polish as already stated the younger kids are more accepting of our oddities than the elderly. Times are a changing.

jack-ie
07-18-2017, 04:46 PM
I had a very similar experience with a neighbor girl. We were living in some single story condos in Fla. and a single mother and her daughter lived a couple doors down. I unthinkingly answered the door shoeless and it was the daughter. I don't remember what she wanted but it was obvious that she was looking at my brightly done nails. I had always tried to be discreet when coming or going if I was dressed but the mother and I had a direct meeting once so she already knew but I felt bad that her daughter might be asking questions.

Aunt Kelly
07-18-2017, 06:54 PM
I think it was genuine and i was wearing coral nail polish!

Of course it was cool. Coral is a very "in" color right now. :)

Jenna Stunned
07-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Don't fret, The kids these days don't care, At least not around these parts. They are waaaaaaaay more accepting LGBT than they were 20 years ago. DAMN! I was born a few decades to early!

Tahoegurl
07-19-2017, 02:32 PM
I had a similar experience to Jack-ie...fed ex guy came to deliver a package...I walked out barefooted with bright pink nails...driver said cool toenails...I said life is too short to be boring...I got a smile and a thumbs up...told my wife about it and we both laughed.

docrobbysherry
07-19-2017, 05:47 PM
Brer Rabbit screams: "Oh please, Mr. Brer Fox! Kill me, cook me, do anything to me! But PLEASE, don't throw me in that there pile of women's things!"