PDA

View Full Version : Picked my E up Today

Claudia D
07-19-2017, 06:03 PM
I have been on tblockers for just over a month and today I picked up my estrogen. Now that I have them I am not sure when I am going to start taking them. Do I make it a "big" or significant day (August 1) or just do it! It is sort of like a birthday! :)

I have an appointment with my therapist next week but not to discuss if I should but rather more about family issues.

Rianna Humble
07-20-2017, 11:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I started taking my e as soon as I got home from the pharmacy

Jenna Stunned
07-21-2017, 04:29 AM
There is no wrong time or way to do it. If it were me, I would be taking it as soon as I got home. No matter what day of the week or month it were, Its gonna be a special day either way. Congratulations!! Cant wait to join you.

Heidi Stevens
07-21-2017, 07:35 AM
I didn't wait even that long. I took my first dose as soon as I got in the car. I hope you've taken them by now! Congratulations.

Pat
07-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Do I make it a "big" or significant day (August 1) or just do it!

It already is a big, significant day -- it's the day you started E. :D

I waited until the morning after I picked it up but only because it was a once-a-day gel and I knew I'd be better able to keep the dose time regular if I had it when I was fixing my morning coffee.

AlyssaJ
07-21-2017, 02:59 PM
I know a few girls that did it right in the parking lot outside the pharmacy. I brought mine home and actually shared the moment with my youngest son.

Sara Olivia
07-21-2017, 08:12 PM
Like most of the ladies responding here, I also started taking the estrogen on the day I received my prescription. I still recall not expecting the prescription on that given appointment with my endocrinologist. When she wrote me the prescription for spiro and estrogen I stopped at the pharmacy on my way home from work and took them right after supper as they are supposed to be taken with a meal. I still remember the date, June 14, 2016 and will never forget it. It was a tiny act, swallowing a couple of pills, but it represented a huge fundamental change in the direction of my life.

Katya@
07-21-2017, 11:27 PM
I waited until the morning after I picked it up but only because it was a once-a-day gel and I knew I'd be better able to keep the dose time regular if I had it when I was fixing my morning coffee.

I actually did exactly the same for the same reason ;). Worked well for me. Never before I looked that much forward to take a pill (anti-adrogen only though).

grace7777
07-22-2017, 02:58 AM
Right after getting my prescription filled I walked out of the pharmacy in the medical office building, found a water fountain and took my first pill right there.

Barbara Black
07-28-2017, 08:13 PM
Grace has you all beat, didn't even make it out of the building. LOL

Mirya
07-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Is this a contest? lol.

Well if it is, then I'm in last place! I had the spiro tablets and estrogen vial in my home for more than a month before I took the first dose of either. :)

Claudia D
08-01-2017, 03:49 PM
Today is the day!! Happy "E"day! :)

Rachel Mari
08-01-2017, 05:46 PM
After my doctor gave me the prescription, I waited nearly two months before I had it filled. After that I waited about a week before I started taking the pills and putting on the patch.

I was worried what if my body reacted badly and I would've had to stop because then I had no idea what I would then do. I was really hoping they'd help answer my questions about myself.

That was over 4 years ago and I'm definitely much happier. Would not, could not, ever go back.

Rachel Smith
08-02-2017, 05:03 PM
I took mine as soon as I got home. It was the longest 3 mile ride I ever had.

priyasweet
08-04-2017, 02:14 PM
congrats claudia!!! hopefully one day ill be in your position too :)

VanTG
09-01-2017, 10:53 PM
Congratulations, I know the feeling.take them when you are ready and don't let anybody else tell you otherwise. What a wonderful feeling it is.

Melissa Cross
09-02-2017, 07:15 AM
I brought a bottle of water with me and took mine as soon as I got back to the car.

Claudia D
09-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Doctor just upped my dose. Took the first one today! Woo Hoo!