PDA

View Full Version : has anyone else done this

jessicam
03-08-2006, 08:45 PM
I am going to get a wax job on my chest tomorrow does it hurt ?

jessica

Aoife
03-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I get my chest and back done regularly and although it isn't so bad it can be a pain!
But it is well worth it.
I also get my eyebrow and underarms done as well.

jessicam
03-08-2006, 08:52 PM
thought i would start slow

Kimberley
03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
You might want to take an extra strength Tylenol if this is your first time and you have a low threshold for pain. It can be quite irritating the first couple of times but after that it is no big deal. The results are well worth it though as you will see.

Kimberley

Marlena Dahlstrom
03-09-2006, 02:42 AM
I got waxed for the first time recently, and yes, aspirin or another pain killer is a good idea. The first passes are the most painful, but you get used it as the waxing goes on.

Cathy Anderson
03-09-2006, 02:54 AM
It hurts a little, but not too bad at all. If it's just your chest, it'll be done before you know it :)

As Marlena said, some aspirin or tylenol before-hand helps. And maybe aloe vera lotion after.

I wonder if taking a hot shower shortly before will help loosen the hair, the way a hot towel helps with shaving.

Cathy

Sharon
03-09-2006, 07:47 AM
I've never had my chest waxed -- no need to, actually -- but I did see "The Forty Year Old Virgin." Yikes! :eek: :p

GypsyKaren
03-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Actually, there's a scientific formula that will answer your question:
hot wax + yanking = pain
I hope this helps you!

Karen

MsEva
03-09-2006, 08:20 AM
I've never had my chest waxed -- no need to, actually -- but I did see "The Forty Year Old Virgin." Yikes! :eek: :p

:cheeky: Too funny...I think it helps if you yell "Kelly Clarkson!". Seemed to work for Steve Kenell:happy:

jessicam
03-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Thank you for the replys

got a call this morning and would you know it the person that does the waxing for this shop I was going to for my manicure and the waxing called to tell me that the girl that does the waxing call out sick. that was a disapointment but i was thinking about chicking out of the wax job i am going to think real hard about t and maybe reschedule it

jessica

Wenda
03-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Just wondering if you have had it done yet, and how it went. The girl that does my brows and ears seemed a bit squeemish about doing my chest. The lady that did my pedicures (I do my own now) did chests for men, so I think I will give her a call.

Julie York
03-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I am going to get a wax job on my chest tomorrow does it hurt ?

jessica

Gnnnnnnyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargnnnnth!!!

Nope. Didn't hurt a bit.

Maureen Henley
03-11-2006, 10:39 AM
On two occasions, I've been transported to a hospital by paramedic units, with monitoring (in drab). If waxing is anything like the adhesive they use for those electrodes, it will be an intense experience. :eek: I think it would be worth it. I'm planning to look into it for chest, back and eyebrows.