PDA

View Full Version : New Therapist

Tammy Nowakowski
07-20-2017, 07:39 PM
I have my 1st session with my new therapist
we talked about my depression and being transgender
she would like for me to go and meet with and endocrinologist and get info on hrt
she thinks after one session i should look start looking into it
not sure how to come out to my wifes cousin at this time my have to go over that in our next session

hugs Tammy N.

docrobbysherry
07-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Why do u feel the need to come out to one distant relative?:eek:

Tammy Nowakowski
07-20-2017, 08:49 PM
we are staying in her house
the only time i have is when i go to bed
what has me scared is she wants me to talk to endocrinologist after one sessions
she had me bring some pics of tammy if i ahd them
hugs
Tammy N

Lorileah
07-20-2017, 10:09 PM
"She thinks" you should? It isn't her job to direct you that way. Do YOU think you should? From your post above, I think not

Salina
07-20-2017, 10:16 PM
I've been seeing a therapist since mid March and she is helping me reach my own decisions rather than push me to do something. She has told me if I want to start HRT she will write a letter for me, but, it is solely my decision. I would be a bit skeptical about someone wanting you to make a big decision like that, especially after the initial session. My initial session was spent getting to know each other, me sharing why I was there, and seeing if we both felt we'd be a good fit.

Tammy Nowakowski
07-20-2017, 10:38 PM
all she has ask is i just go to talk with the endocrinologist to help make the right choice
and if i do it she is willing to help guide me with and she is also has given for local support group for this area
i'm going to look in to
i have started with a self feminization program she asked about it so i gave her the info
that is one of the reason she would like me to go talk with the endo doctor

tammy

Judy-Somthing
07-20-2017, 10:42 PM
I wish you the best on your journey of life. The main thing is to have FUN!

Pat
07-21-2017, 08:12 AM
If you've been self-medicating then it makes perfect sense for her to suggest you talk to an endo who can explain what you're playing with. Like everyone else, I'd be a little concerned if she wrote you an HRT letter after one session. Good luck with your therapy. Many of us have found it to be extremely helpful. It looks like you've been around this forum for a while, so you have probably seen a lot of posts that will help you shape your conversations with the therapist. Please keep sharing your story as you progress.

Tammy Nowakowski
07-21-2017, 11:41 AM
at this point she is not going to write the letter
all she is asking i talk to one and have some blood work done
and go from there
tammy

Mirya
07-21-2017, 11:58 AM
i have started with a self feminization program she asked about it so i gave her the info
that is one of the reason she would like me to go talk with the endo doctor

What exactly is a "self feminization program"?

Tammy Nowakowski
07-21-2017, 01:15 PM
i was doing it with herbs
not sure if can say the name of the program or not
admins please let me now if can say the name of the program
tammy

AlanaG
07-21-2017, 01:54 PM
Did it work?

Tammy Nowakowski
07-21-2017, 01:56 PM
It did work until I stop
Tammy

Lorileah
07-22-2017, 12:49 AM
admins please let me now if can say the name of the program
tammy

no you can't and you cant discuss it either

Tammy Nowakowski
07-22-2017, 12:17 PM
no you can't and you cant discuss it either

thank you
I thought i would ask

JenniferR771
07-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Employment is one of the biggest hurdles to overcome. Find out your legal rights and protections in Cali. Some employers are reluctant to hire a transgender person. You may have to be super-qualified. However, there are fewer obstacles to overcome if you can start your own small business. Truck driver? Lyft? Can you cut hair? Landscaper?

https://www.theselfemployed.com/

Tammy Nowakowski
07-22-2017, 04:58 PM
i'm unable to work at this time due to my shoulder being messed up
tammy