PDA

View Full Version : Bit my lip

Helen_Highwater
07-21-2017, 07:10 PM
In drab I was interacting with an SA who was having difficulty trying to tie a piece of string. She said, " Never can do this when I've got my nails on". Just about stopped myself from saying, "I know just what you mean, I have the same problem".

Maria Blackwood
07-21-2017, 07:26 PM
Oh God I run into that at work all the time. The most common is wanting to ask where they got their dress.

BrendaPDX
07-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Yes, it is the little joys in life that make us smile, isn't it?

docrobbysherry
07-21-2017, 08:15 PM
Not the only reason I don't paint/wear nails. But, a good one!:heehee:

Jaylyn
07-21-2017, 10:34 PM
Its hard sometimes when I see a lady that needs more lipstick when hers has worn off some from telling her she needs to go fix her lipstick. I've actually caught myself stating to tell ladies I love your nail polish.

DIANEF
07-22-2017, 02:16 AM
Served a lady in a store I worked at, she had the exact same dress on that I had bought recently. I looked at it just a fraction longer than I should have, and she noticed. I got out the 'I' and stopped myself, and told her 'my wife' had just got the same dress.

Teresa
07-22-2017, 04:24 AM
Helen,
Shame on you ! What stopped you ?

Sometimes I must try and put my brain in gear before selecting speech mode, I know I would have said it before thinking about it !

alwayshave
07-22-2017, 08:07 AM
Helen, great story. I probably would have blurted it out.

Krisi
07-22-2017, 08:15 AM
That's when you say (with a smile) "I hate when that happens."

Helen_Highwater
07-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Helen, great story. I probably would have blurted it out.

You don't know just how close I came.

What I found interesting was, as someone who only gets to wear long nails of a few occasions, not being able to easily do certain things I just put down to lack of practice. However here was a GG who as far as I know, wears her nails long in a regular basis. Perhaps while wearing long nails for some tasks you might as well be trying to thread a needle wearing boxing gloves.

Becky Blue
07-24-2017, 03:03 AM
Love it when those little events happen and I have to bite my tongue to stop myself from saying something I will regret later. Recently a woman I know said urgh my feet I wish you knew how hard it is for us on high heels... Shhhh Becky keep your mouth closed!!!

Genifer Teal
07-24-2017, 08:08 AM
Once my niece asked me to open a can of soda for her cause she didn't want to break a nail. Mine were longer. I had no problem opening it. You learn to adapt if you keep them long.

Krisi
07-24-2017, 08:11 AM
When I see a woman who is employed and her long nails prevent her from doing what she was hired to do, I have to wonder why the employer allows that.

Helen_Highwater
07-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Krisi,

She owned the company!

Dana44
07-24-2017, 10:56 AM
We get caught all the time at that and yep keeping quiet is hard.. LOL I have nails But being in dress like with my hairdresser, she shared some things about her hair as she pulled a wad of hair off my head. Yep long hair is pretty amazing to keep up. And I always thought it was unusual about losing a pile of hair when de-tangling it. She said the her pile was typically larger than mine. Some innate knowledge I needed to know. LOL