PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

brun123
03-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi there,

i am 21 years old and new at this and have only started in the past couple of months. I have many questions and this site has been very helpful. One thing is is that i have bush eyebrows. I would like to get them less bushy but am worried about people noticing while at work and such. I live in a small city and i would like to go out in public but i know here i would run into someone i know and i am not ready for that.

any hints
thanks

GypsyKaren
03-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Hi there, and welcome to you. Seriously, I'd go to a salon and have them done by a professional, guys are doing that more and more now, so you won't look out of place.

Karen

EricaCD
03-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi hon. Start small - thin them out very gradually over a period of time (a few weeks or more). Very unlikely to draw notice.

As far as being noticed in a small town, can't help you. That's less of an issue in New York :)

Love,
Erica

Faith
03-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Ive been plucking my brows for a long time and no one has said anything, I also removed the hair on my hands, shave my chest and trim my leg hair. No one cares. It makes it easier when I shave my legs bcuz it grows back to my short length quicker and its less of a shock. Lots of guys are going with the less hair look these days. TTFN Ta Ta For Now!

trannie T
03-09-2006, 02:56 AM
1. Leave them bushy pretend you're Brooke Shields.
2. Gradually pluck and trim.
3. Use some vaseline and shape them.

ChristineRenee
03-09-2006, 03:10 AM
:hello:and welcome to the forum. You have gotten a lot of good responses already. I pluck my own eyebrows mostly. If they start to get too bushy or outta control, then I go and get them waxed and shaped at a salon. A lot of men do anymore so it really isn't uncommon. Just be charming and disarming and act like you've done this before...even though you haven't. You just might discover that it can become a very enjoyable experience that you will want to do again and again. Good luck to you!;)

Kimberley
03-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Get your hairdresser to do them. Mine does it automatically without being asked.

Kimberley.

Jodi
03-09-2006, 08:20 PM
I have kept my eyebrows trimmed and plucked for years. Noone has ever said a word. I especially keep all the stray hairs plucked from around the eyes. I get my hair cut every three weeks, colored and tinted every other time. Each time in the chair, my stylist checks my brows for shape and neatness. She trims as needed.

Jodi