PDA

View Full Version : Weight and dressing

Tamsin Secret
07-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Hi girls,

Hope your good.

I find that when im exercising and at a lower weight I'm a lot more inclined to want to dress.

Does anyone relate their feelings for dressing with their physical state?

Miss S

Jenna Stunned
07-23-2017, 02:22 PM
Yup, Big time. I feel awful when trying to dress up when my weight is up. A lot of what I own for Jenna shows off my "Extra skin". I know I shouldn't feel bad as I should just be happy with myself as i am. But its not always that easy. Thankfully I am down about 40 pounds from February, So I feel pretty damn good these days when I get dolled up. Which will hopefully keep me motivated to keep it down. The only downside is that its a little harder to fake boobs now as there is less fat to push around, Thankfully there is still the extra skin.

Tracii G
07-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Makes no difference to me I will and have dressed at any weight.

Lana Mae
07-23-2017, 03:02 PM
Not really seeking weight loss! I will just be a plus size girl! (That is why they make plus sizes!) Not all women are "skinny minnies" (wife's phrase God rest her soul) Hugs Lana Mae

Jaylyn
07-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Dressing has always made me stick to a plan to stay semi skinny. I do lift weights to give me more boobies but they also make my shoulders bigger but my waist size has shrunk from a 38 to 34.

Mickitv
07-23-2017, 04:36 PM
Like many of the other girls I struggle with my weight but I always want to dress and be femme regardless of how much I weigh.

Stephanie Nicole
07-23-2017, 05:35 PM
I am a large built person, very broad shoulders, wide back and thick arms and legs. I also have a nice size spare tire going. I normally go between 250- 275 and am 6' tall. Now recently I started wearing a control panty to help fit into some of my clothes and one thing I have noticed is that while wearing it my appetite is not what is normally is, usually I can eat a nice 10-12oz steak, baked potato and salad for dinner and clean my plate, since wearing the panty I can maybe eat half of that before I'm full. This has been going on for a month now ( I'm not wearing the same panty every day I bought several of them) and one thing I saw this weekend is that my jean size has gone down. Before I started wearing the panty my jeans were a tight 18 but comfortable 20, this weekend I tried on some jeans (same style from same store where I bought the other pairs) and noticed I comfortably fit into a 16 I'm hoping that I am losing a little around the middle because I saw a really cute skirt that I love but it is not available in plus sizes and the store only carries it up to a size 12

Alice B
07-23-2017, 06:21 PM
I think it doeds enhance the desire because it makes you feel better about yourself and your looks. But, the urge and need to dress does not relate to size.

Tracii G
07-23-2017, 06:47 PM
I can see why some are fixated with their weight and under the impression losing weight will make them look more feminine but after the weight loss you will be a skinny guy with a skinny male body you will still need hip pads or butt pads.
Might be able to use a corset to get a figure but you will be hot and uncomfortable and passing out with heat stroke wearing one LOLOL.

Stacy Darling
07-23-2017, 08:36 PM
Body image is important to me, so I am a "Happier Dresser" when in the shape I desire.

I'm a Gwen Stefani fan, bit of a less curvaceous Body, feminine enough though! Easier for me to replicate, being male anyhow!

Now back to my poached Chicken breast, Carrots & Rice!

Stacy!

TheHiddenMe
07-23-2017, 11:21 PM
Whatever weight, I always wanted to dress.

But I am vain and I wanted to fit into smaller sizes because there are better choices. And I have lost weight and I like the look a LOT better. Still want to lose some more, but now I can fit into some size 12s (like the pictures below; I used to be 18s) and it's just a LOT more appealing to me (and is extra motivation to lose the weight).

faltenrock
07-24-2017, 02:18 AM
yes, me too. I try to keep my weight at the same level, since many many years. I'm 177 cm in height with a weight of 73-76 KG.

Becky Blue
07-24-2017, 02:22 AM
No relationship for me, but wanting to look good in my clothes is a great motivator in watching what I eat and trying to lead a healthy lifestyle.

Alice_2014_B
07-24-2017, 02:56 AM
I loath my "little" gut/belly, especially in a dress; I already love to exercise, especially running/jogging, burpees, planks, and inclined push-ups.
But wanting to look better in a dress is always a great motivator.
I already have to stay in decent shape for the military.
I ran an even 12 minute mile and a half on my last fit test, that was after the push-ups and sit-ups.

And if I wasn't a lover of cigarettes (always thru a tar-filter), alcohol, soda, and junk food, I would have definitely gotten a faster run time; and I would be able to do more push-ups and sit-ups within the time limit if not for my aforementioned vices.

I say if anything works as a motivator, go with it.

:)

Jenniferpl
07-24-2017, 03:32 AM
No correlation for me between weight and desire to dress. Feminine side always wins out. Just have to purchase larger sizes.

Of course nothing wrong with wanting to healthy and being thinner or lighter is a better for us. easier on the joints.

Recently lost 15 pounds and can I tell it my bras. They fit so mush better.

Beverley Sims
07-24-2017, 04:55 AM
There is a certain satisfaction to being able to squeeze into that one size smaller dress again.

Great, isn't it?

alwayshave
07-24-2017, 05:41 AM
I want to dress the same amount no matter my weight. However, my feeling about how I look does change.

Tracy Ann
07-24-2017, 06:13 AM
I'm 240 and starting a diet today. Been 240 for years and I can not find many pretty things in 3X sizing at the thrift stores. Last week wife suggested I loose weight if I want more choices in women and men's clothing. So for me, I dress every chance I get at home, but after I loose the weight maybe I can get the courage to go out in public dressed.

CarlaWestin
07-24-2017, 07:16 AM
"Does anyone relate their feelings for dressing with their physical state?"

Absolutely! Yesterday morning I actually passed on a coveted Sunday morning full dress up opportunity because I'm fighting a terrible summer cold and just wanted to sleep all day. And I just can't relate to dealing with a runny nose while wearing makeup.
But, on the healthy side of things I think it's paramount to stay in the healthiest condition as possible to enjoy many more years of the crossdressing that I love so much. I've recently eliminated the last unhealthy behaviour that I thought I couldn't live without. After a lifetime of consumption based solely on desire and indulgence, I've gotten serious about everything I ingest. The beer belly is gone and I'm back to my normal weight. It's really easy to be honest about nutrition and healthy behaviour. And the results are fantastic every time I get dressed up or someone asks my age.

Angie G
07-24-2017, 07:27 AM
As lone as I'm alive that's all I need to want to put a skirt on.:hugs:
Angie

ginapoodle
07-24-2017, 08:41 AM
Miss S,

Since retirement about 18 months ago I have lost 20 pounds. I exercise a lot and do core workouts and stretches.
Healthy physical body is a healthy feedback to emotions and Spirit also. And, yes, I fit better into clothes. But, I need a butt pad...nothing there, but a lot of strong muscles.

Jean 103
07-24-2017, 08:42 AM
No. But I've always be thin and obsessed with my weight. Last Wednesday night my exroommate's girl friend came up to me, she told me that people keep thinking she is gay. Well she dresses like a guy, like she is heading out to feed the horse's. My friends have asked me about her in the passed . You know how girls are. Anyway she shows me a pic of a make-up pallet and says something like "when I lose a few pounds I'm going to out girl you." I just smiled. I dropped the ball, when someone comes up to me this way I usually offer total support. There was alot going on that night, and I was feeling a little off.

Krisi
07-24-2017, 08:56 AM
Personally, my weight doesn't change enough to make a difference.

Many real women weigh more than we (or they) think they should but that doesn't stop them from dressing as women. They buy clothes that fit in styles that tend to minimize the look of being heavy. Well some do, dome just don't care what they look like.

The point is, if you are heavier than you should be or want to be, lay off the miniskirts and spandex. Observe what large women wear and dress the same.

Nikkilovesdresses
07-24-2017, 09:10 AM
Does anyone relate their feelings for dressing with their physical state?

Oh yes, 100%.

So much so that I just don't dress unless I'm feeling good about my weight, which isn't very often.

One thing that transcends that feeling is a corset, which can take at least 3" off the waist or even more.

Stephanie47
07-24-2017, 09:55 AM
I've been stuck at my weight for a very long time; 200 lbs. The measurements have not changed either; 42-38-40. I had fallen to 185 after an operation in 2014. But, the weight loss made my face look haggard. My body slowly went back to the weight it feels comfortable at, so I leave it there. Since I'm six foot even the weight seems to be visual OK. Since I do not have a really really defined hour glass figure I tend to wear dresses which do not accentuate the waist; wraps, sheaths, empire waists. When I do not feel like dressing it has nothing to do with weight.

Robertacd
07-24-2017, 10:13 AM
I find that I look better with some extra pounds. Specially when dressed, having some body fat to shape makes everything look and fit better and I don't need pads. I can also wear larger forms, that balance my tall and large frame better.

As I lose weight my body looks less and lass feminine. Less fat makes my hips look narrow and my shoulders look wide and manly, exactly the opposite of how I want to look.

Also I think some fat really helps our faces look more feminine. As GM's in general have "big faces" compared to GG's, making your face a little rounder helps balance out that long jowel-ly man face many of us are cursed with.

macada10
07-31-2017, 04:07 AM
Maybe because female dressed are designed to look prettier with slim bodies, but indeed is the opposite. Fatty men bodies generate more femenine hormone.