PDA

View Full Version : Making the Need/Desire Stop

Jodie_Lynn
07-23-2017, 06:12 PM
If there was a way, a pill, shot or treatment, that would allow your inner self to align with your birth gender, would you take it? You would no longer have the desire to dress as the opposite sex, no more gender confusion, no more conflicts with yourself or with unreceptive spouses, family or friends. You would be, for lack of a better term, "normal" within the eyes of society.

Please, PLEASE, note that I am NOT implying this is an illness!

Oh, I forgot to say: Why, or why not?

Alice B
07-23-2017, 06:14 PM
Never will happen

Lana Mae
07-23-2017, 06:16 PM
NO WAY! Hugs Lana Mae

kimdl93
07-23-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm not a big fan of hypotheticals. So far as I know, the magic injection doesn't exist to solve the problems you've described. Very few of life's challenges can be solved so easily.

However, you are in complete control over your attitude and reaction towards what you choose to define as problems.

Jaylyn
07-23-2017, 06:32 PM
Since there's not a definition of normal I guess not. I just enjoy the act of dressing.

Lauri K
07-23-2017, 06:51 PM
It's too late for that "magic medicine trick" now, maybe once upon a time but not now as too much water has run under the bridge to turn back.

Jeri Ann
07-23-2017, 06:55 PM
That would be extremely awkward for me. LMAO

Georgina
07-23-2017, 06:58 PM
No. I have no gender confusion nor inner conflicts. I have always been me.

Robbin_Sinclair
07-23-2017, 07:13 PM

No, also.
I cannot say that there has never been gender confusion but now there is none.
The last thing in the world I want is to be like those normal people.
And I don't want them to be like me or even understand me.
:hugs:r

CynthiaD
07-23-2017, 07:17 PM
When I was in high school I decided I was going to give up all this girl stuff (which I'd been doing since the age of 3) and learn to be like all the other boys. After some time I finally admitted to myself that I didn't like being like all the other boys. I didn't enjoy the same things, and the other boys didn't like the things I liked. I'm thoroughly female, and I like "female" things like cooking, sewing, baking, taking care of babies, and so forth. Any drug that made me "normal" would have to completely destroy my personality. Furthermore, I like being female. The female aspect of my personality is the part of me that I like the best.

No, I wouldn't take the pill. I don't want to be male. My mind shudders at the thought.

Kandi Robbins
07-23-2017, 07:37 PM
In a split second. Given my 50 year struggle with all of this, it would be disingenuous for me not to say I would. It would make life so much easier, that's for sure.

However, that doesn't exist, so I have embraced who and what I am and am thrilled to be me.

Teresa
07-23-2017, 07:46 PM
Jodie,
Rather than ask a hypothetical question which has been asked many times before, perhaps you would like to tell us what " Normal " is ?

Is there a normal person in society ? We all have quirks . Maybe we should look at it from another angle and suggest we are the lucky ones, once we truly come to terms with it . For me it's becoming more normal to be dressed, at what point will it feel abnormal to wear drab clothes ?

Amy Lynn3
07-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Nope, would not take the pill or shot or whatever. Why ? I like me just the way I am and to old to change now. I love to dress and all things girly, but like being a guy and doing guy things to.

Diane Taylor
07-23-2017, 08:20 PM
This question has been around for ages. I would NOT take the pill or anything else to put an end to my desire to wear the clothing I like. Maybe the rest of society needs to take a pill so they'll learn to stop worrying about what WE are wearing !!!!!

Jodie_Lynn
07-23-2017, 08:53 PM
My apologies for bringing up a tired subject. Apparently, I didn't do enough searching.

Sorry to waste everyone's time with this.

Billie Jean
07-23-2017, 09:02 PM
No, because I don't want to.

GeorgeA
07-23-2017, 09:04 PM

Same here.

alwayshave
07-23-2017, 09:36 PM
I no longer fight with my inner self, so the answer is an emphatic no!

Becky Blue
07-23-2017, 10:23 PM
No never, I love who/what I am

MarieAnn
07-24-2017, 12:46 AM
Nope. I have finally accepted that this part of my life gets to be acknowledged and let out. Something that has been buried and hidden for most of my life. I have every intention to live it and see where the journey takes me. My wife knows, all of my children and their spouses know and every one of them has been great.

Robyn16
07-24-2017, 01:25 AM
No, never, this is who I am

Caroline Varg
07-24-2017, 03:01 AM
The answer is no. After almost 50 years of inner fight with myself, with varying degrees of intensity over the years, and finally coming to terms that is this is the way I am, I would not give it up.

Jenniferpl
07-24-2017, 03:35 AM
And miss the opportunity to learn more about women. Would be a no for me. I am who I am and miss out on an amazing journey.

Beverley Sims
07-24-2017, 04:52 AM
No desire, no need.

Stop what?

SaraLin
07-24-2017, 05:51 AM
I've asked myself questions similar to this one LOTS of times throughout my life. If I could make the "disconnect" go away, it would make my life easier, there's no denying that. But I would be giving up a large part of myself, and I've learned to like who I am. So - not wanting to be the typical "guy", I'd have to decline the offer. I guess I'd just have to continue to find my own way though this crazy mixed up world I call my life.

Now if they had a magic pill that would fix my BODY...:heehee:

An added thought...
There have been enough attempts made already to cure people who don't fit in... drugs, shock treatment, religious brainwashing, etc. The result? Seriously screwed up people. No thanks.

Joni T
07-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Absolutely, without ANY doubts, He__ YAH!!! Where do I sign up???
Jon

Micki_Finn
07-24-2017, 10:29 AM
I enjoy it so why would I want to stop? Would you take a pill that made you want to stop fishing or scrap booking, or woodworking, or whatever it is you enjoy in life?

rebecca34
07-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Right now, I'd take it. I have the desire, but being closeted I lack the opportunity and frankly, it's no fun dressing up on your own. CD-ing has become a source of stress and frustration for me in recent years and no, I'm not going home for 'the talk'. My wife thinks 'we' are all weird and, while I think it's fine to be weird, she's not ready for the weird to come home.

It's fine to dream about societal acceptance and all, but reality isn't like that. And in my case at least, acceptance would have to being at home, where there is already enough stress, thanks.

The urge to purge is strong girls.

Alice Torn
07-24-2017, 11:21 AM
As much enjoyment as I get out of looking stunning, and a gorgeous senior tall, long legged lady, because of the isolation, and paronoia i suffer from, and stress it also causes, and financial cost, i would take the pill, if it took all desire to dress away. Life would be much simpler. But, the pill does not exist, so , I will have the desire, till i am too disabled, or die.

Tracii G
07-24-2017, 03:50 PM
Why do questions like this pop up every 6 months or so?
Why people pose fantasy questions is beyond me. I deal with what is (reality) not what could be or what should be (fantasy).

Dana44
07-24-2017, 04:00 PM
This pops up every now and then. For me, nope It has given me act of creation and I have been creative all of my life. Why would one ever want to change themselves.

Jodie_Lynn
07-24-2017, 08:47 PM
In this particular case, the question arose when I was contemplating the changes my life has taken in the last two years. I don't really consider it fantasy, more of a type of introspective speculation on the way things might have been. Pondering 'the road not taken' as it were.

I was merely wondering if any others felt as I did when I posed the question. But fear not, next time I have an idea for a thread, I'll run it past the approval committee first. :Angry3: