PDA

View Full Version : What type of CD/TV are you (With poll maybe?)

LexiNexi
07-24-2017, 09:55 AM
I have a definition that I have seen on the internet that I use although it probably not correct but I consider:
A cross dresser: Someone who goes all out to look passable. Make up wig/long hair, goal is that you think they are a woman.

A transvestite: A man that likes to wear very feminine womans clothes and shaving body hair, but make up and wig is optional. Goal is not to fool anyone into thinking you are a woman, but to appear as some one dressed as the opposite gender. Mainly male to female since many men's clothes are worn by woman and there is no TV/CD reason behind it.

I consider myself the second. I don't do a wig or make up, just shave my body hair and wear the girliest things I can find: All shoes are heals, only dresses, clothes that a men would never ordinarily wear. I like to look at myself in the mirror because (im so vain, just kidding) because to me I look really good in them, but I know I don't look at all like a woman and that's the point and to many I'm sure they would say I look better dressed as a man. I get some strange kick out of the doing the opposite of the social norm.

I wanted to make this into a poll because this site always surprises me. IE when I first came to this site I thought most members were gay or bi, not true. Can't figure for the life of me how to make the poll though.

Robertacd
07-24-2017, 10:07 AM
None of the above.

I will never understand the obsession over lables that persists on this board.

Sallee
07-24-2017, 10:10 AM
I am a cd If I don't have wig and makeup I am not dressed Yes please mistake me for a woman

LexiNexi
07-24-2017, 10:21 AM
None of the above.

I will never understand the obsession over lables that persists on this board.

I like labels but I also like organization, having rules for things like in math. I like transvestite because of the word trans. If I was a women I don't think I would get a kick out of wearing mens clothes because no one would bat an eye. Or if it was totally "normal" for men to wear dresses and heals I wouldn't do it.

Micki_Finn
07-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Sounds like "internet" definitions to me. I consider "transvestite" to just be an older, more dated and slightly demeaning term.

Aemilie
07-24-2017, 10:25 AM
I don't really get this aren't "Transvestite" and "Crossdresser" interchangeable terms? (and they mean the same thing one being the English translation of the other!) no matter to what level you take it ie wigs makeup or lack thereof and doesn't have anything to do with the ability to pass as a woman, I only ask as I'm quite new to this and until I came out I considered myself a Transvestite but I came to realise the term has negative conotations and is a bit frowned upon but I quite like it and it feels odd to call myself a crossdresser, I don't mind it's just not what I was used to and my wife prefers it.

Dana44
07-24-2017, 10:28 AM
Transvestite is an older term, but for many of us I guess we are that. I would say that I am transgender and gender fluid.. The transvestite was a term used back a ways and wow I dated some good looking ones about twenty years ago.

Majella St Gerard
07-24-2017, 10:40 AM
Transvestite and crossdresser are the same thing, I personally like and use the term crossdresser to describe myself.

rebecca34
07-24-2017, 10:44 AM
Labels. They're just labels. The definition of a label changes over time, so while one may have been labelled as a 'tranny' a couple/three decades ago, these days it's almost unacceptable to even use the term.

If you are happy with what you call yourself, that's cool. Where that theory struggles is when 'we' try to define ourselves collectively to others.

Perhaps you could (genuinely) suggest a label for me. I am a straight guy in a hetro relationship who, given the chance, would wear discreet 'normal' womens clothes the whole time. What does that make me (apart from 'a bit odd')?

Someone told me once that I was TS. Nah. Am I 'gender-fluid'? Maybe, but only some days. Am I transgender? I don't think so. Crossdresser suits me (in my head), but when I dress in womens clothes I don't do make-up or wigs; I just wear womens clothes that I can get away with in 'guy mode'.

Confoozled? You bet.

Crystal 42
07-24-2017, 11:01 AM
I totally understand the need some people have for labels. As human beings we often like a certain sense of order in our lives as we seek to define ourselves but it becomes a potential minefield of possibilities when you don't really understand the cause (at least I don't know how it started). The thing is I've tried applying a lot of these terms to myself over the years and none of them ever worked out so I avoid using them now.

I explored all possibilities in my once upon a time hunt for the right label and it proved futile beyond teaching me the importance of self-acceptance. I may be just a crossdresser or I may be something more (possibly Gender Fluid). Transgender works as a nice umbrella term I suppose, but doesn't specifically tell me what box I specifically fit into and the question is do I really need to put myself into that box at all? I don't think so. Even though many of us have similar stories we are all completely different and a label just lumps us into a generalized category but says nothing at all about the wonderful qualities of each individual.

I must admit I certainly don't like the term transvestite because it has been unfairly used by the ignorant over the years who have tried to label us all as fetishistic perverts and I have learnt over the years that my dressing is more about comfort and a sense of inner peace than something sexual.

The way I see it, I was born a guy and I often think and dress as a girl. It's perfectly natural to me and simply the way I am. :)

bob40B
07-24-2017, 11:04 AM
I'm kinda a little bit of all definitions. I love being very girly at home but in public I definitely tone things down.

I am a full time "stealth" Crossdresser. By "stealth" I mean that while I only own and wear women's clothing (except for shoes (male size 13 cost wayyyyyy to much for women's size 15ish) when in public at first glance it appears that I'm wearing men's clothes. But, if one looks closer it becomes more obvious that I'm actually wearing women's clothing. Such details like pants/shorts with no fly, no rear pockets, sometimes pockets smaller than usual for men's clothing, most of the time no belt loops but on the rare occasion when there are belt loops then using belts that are half as wide as men's otherwise elastic waistband or a drawstring at the waist, shirts that button right over left, vnecks where the v is a little lower than a mans, fabrics that are a more flowing than most men's clothes are made with, a bit (not much) of embroiderly and so forth and so on. Oh ya, and the outline of my bra may show thru my shirt/blouse a wee bit. Actually, when I'm outta town and feeling a little sassy I'll wear a shirt/blouse that allows my entire bra to show thru, it's the only time I wear a white shirt/blouse.

A lady i once dated summed me up perfectly when she said "you are a male who enjoys a few female perks".

sara66
07-24-2017, 11:07 AM
I would like to be more of a crossdressers. But I am not fooling anyone. I am 6' and 300lbs. I like to dress from wig to heels and at least look a little like a woman.
So I would fall into the transvestite camp.

Alice Torn
07-24-2017, 11:17 AM
I am like Sallee. I dress part time to pass as a lady, but realize few will be fooled, when i go out in public. Call me whatever you want.

Lana Mae
07-24-2017, 11:26 AM
Started as Transvestite but that changed to crossdresser. That then changed to non-binary maybe gender fluid. Strange that I accepted all those labels when I am just me! Hugs Lana Mae

jennifer0918
07-24-2017, 11:33 AM
I'm a cd,but labels are for tin cans,and I'm flesh and blood. Well for me I want the whole enchilada makeup,wigs,skirts,and *heels. Cd now 15 years from now maybe transexual. But whose counting.
Love&hugs
Jenny from the block.

Ceera
07-24-2017, 11:41 AM
I accept that some people are quite comfortable being an obvious male in obviously very feminine clothes. But that is not for me. By your definitions, I would never call myself a transvestite. Neither am I a cross-dresser, as I am expressing my feminine identity and not just 'wearing the clothes'. I'm gender fluid and MtF transgender, living part time in each gender role. I don't aim for an ambiguous role. I aim for either fully female or fully male.

While I wear a lot of 'subtle' feminine clothes in male mode, I reserve all of the more obviously feminine items - such as any sort of skirt or dress, or clearly feminine blouses, or capri pants, or jeggings and skin-tight pants, or non-wedge high heels - for the times when I go all out to pass as female, and am wearing my wig, makeup, breast forms and other padding and tucking. I never personally want to be seen as 'a man in a dress'. I want to be seen and accepted as a woman. My figure, hair, makeup and voice all need to be feminine, if the first impression I am giving is that I am female, or if I am obviously wearing very feminine attire.

In male mode, I want a viewer's first impression to be that I am wearing all male clothes. It's only when you look closer that you might realize the pants and shoes are female attire. It had only been very recently that I have felt comfortable wearing women's wedge-heel sandals while in male mode. People don't seem to notice, and if they do comment on my shoes, the ones I wear as a guy are all ones I can honestly say, "Well, they happen to be comfortable, and feel better in hot weather than most male shoes". Right now, I draw the line in male mode at wearing comfortable full-length women's jeans, which don't have very tight fitting legs, but which often do have very feminine embroidered details on the hip pockets, coupled with wearing women's wedge-heeled sandals (about 3" heels max, and not an excessively feminine design). My shirts in male mode are usually unisex t-shirts, though they might be a subtle women's-style shirt. And I always have pierced ears - wearing stud earrings as a male, and not dangly, very feminine ones, and have my fingernails and toenails painted. I get a LOT of complements on my nails when I am out in male mode, and virtually no negative reactions to them.

I guess you could call my male presentation 'metrosexual', in that I employ some feminine touches, like my nails, while still presenting an over-all male appearance.

ronniegirl
07-24-2017, 01:00 PM
I also think labels are meaningless..as far as I see it crossdress means to wear clothing of the opposite sex..so if you just wear panties or go all out,
you are crossdressing...ie a crossdresser..I do not attach any other psychological meaning beyond that...but if one feels better dealing with what they enjoy doing or how they feel about it, and a label helps, then more power to you..Enjoy!

ClosetED
07-24-2017, 01:32 PM
I specialized in Informatics - so labels do serve a purpose to the individual mind. But a label is only useful if it changes one's thoughts about the thing - and the label has a meaning to you but may mean something else to another person. So my view of CD and transvestite is the same - just which language root is used and refers to clothing. That view is purely language based on not carrying historical meaning. Transgender is about gender - what sex you view yourself or wish to be seen as. Two different views and I often use TS for seeing yourself as a different gender. Gender fluid if your see yourself as not always the same gender.
Rather than use labels which have different meaning to each human, why not a poll which describes characteristics and ask which people see themselves fit better into? Which you did, but just avoid providing your label.
I am a heterosexual man who likes to create the illusion of a 'feminine' woman (eg - what in American culture represents as stereotypical of a fashion model as seen in catalogs.) My current goal is to make presentations I feel are pretty, rather than focus on attracting anyone or passing in public.
If you want a poll, then take a collection of statements and see who agrees with various options. You could start with asking for various variations of a feature, to collect the majority of alternates. But try to avoid labels.
Hugs, Ellen

Robertacd
07-24-2017, 02:02 PM
I like labels but I also like organization, having rules for things like in math.

I embrace entropy and have seriously considered making Discordianism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism) my religion...

But that would mean I would have to follow the "rules" of discord, and I can't do that...

MarieAnn
07-24-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm just me! Shave or wax most of my body, but still have a mustache always under dress, forms when I can, most of the time have painted toenails. I am really not wanting labels, but if I had to call it one, I would say I'm a crossdresser. I don't care for the term transvestite. But that's just me.

Jodi
07-24-2017, 03:28 PM
I've told people that I'm a crossdresser and they will say OH, you're a transvestite. My response is--No, I'm a crossdresser. It's much less clinical than a transvestite.

jodi

Tracii G
07-24-2017, 03:45 PM
I don't feel the need to belong or have a label.
Being organized is fine but I kind of think you are overdoing it a little.

Teresa
07-24-2017, 04:04 PM
Lexi,
I'm sorry but I do wish they would make a sticky on this subject, I've lost count of the times I've made the point of the two being the same thing.

Both terms simply mean to wear clothes or garb of the opposite sex, there is no sexual content in either label.

I am a CDer, at age of 8-9 years it all happened with a bang and resulted in the start of my GD, I now know I also have AGP, the clothes are just the outer appearance of exposing those inner feelings and needs to the World. There is nothing in all these years that has changed those feelings. I do the whole thing because my AGP wants me to be seen and accepted as a woman . Its immaterial if I'm passable or not I'm now out to the World whether I fool anyone or not.

I can't speak for F/M s as to what they experience or feel .

So what do want a poll of ? Most of us have questions over our gender not our sexuality , my sexual needs don't change when I dress , I'm still attracted to women .

mbmeen12
07-24-2017, 04:10 PM
Can't figure for the life of me how to make the poll though. Then dont worry Missswissmiss, no polls ....I would suggest that you journal away and have fun i.e. KIS....................

Shelly Preston
07-24-2017, 04:32 PM
Moderator note

The use of polls on the forum was discontinued a long time ago.

Gillian Gigs
07-24-2017, 05:09 PM
Boxes, boxes, whether they be wooden, or cardboard, we are always attempting to put things into boxes. I do my best to dress in the clothes I like, regardless of someone's boxes. I'm a member of this Cross dressers community if that is a box to some, then so be it!

lmildcd
07-24-2017, 05:20 PM
I would be defined as a TV under your definitions. I only dress in the privacy of my home when the mood strikes me. Cross dressing isn't a lifestyle for me. I maybe in a class by myself.

Stacy Darling
07-24-2017, 05:39 PM
Must say,

I'm Seeing Blue Poles! was that the poll?

You should need to refine your, well are there categories? or something?

Ok! I'm a straight guy which pretends to be a crossdresser so I can pick up chicks! Works for me!

Taylor186
07-24-2017, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry but I do wish they would make a sticky on this subject, I've lost count of the times I've made the point of the two being the same thing.

Thanks to Reine, there is a sticky on this topic: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?162497-Some-Common-Trans-Related-Definitions-and-Abbreviations

Stephanie Nicole
07-24-2017, 07:22 PM
To me the definition of a crossdresser is someone who crosses gender barriers in the way they chose to dress, by that definition I can proudly say I AM A CROSSDRESSER. I like the look and feel of woman's clothes. I do not own a wig and very rarely wear make up. When I go out dressed I try to go places where I will not run into anyone I know so subsequently I tend to dress far away from home. There is no way I will ever be passable, Like I said I wear the clothes because I like the way they feel. To me there is something liberating about the feel of a skirt or dress swishing around my legs or the feel of a soft blouse resting on my chest. That is why I dress

Allisa
07-24-2017, 07:27 PM
OK I've got to say it, you can call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner. Although I am a CDer by true definition but I have gone deeper into my being and found that a label of non-binary fits and the rest is just window dressing.

Stephanie Nicole
07-24-2017, 07:44 PM
you can call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner.

LOL, I agree with that. There was a tv show on in the 70s when I was a kid and I remember that being said a lot and I always laughed at it, now you got me thinking about it and for the life of me I cant remember the show

Mickitv
07-24-2017, 08:02 PM
i also agree with many of the responses I dislike labels. Some fit me and many don't.

Robbin_Sinclair
07-24-2017, 08:28 PM
"...goal is that you think they are a woman"...
"...goal is not to fool anyone... but to appear as some one dressed as the opposite gender"

I am not sure I like somebody identifying my goals before I wake up in the morning.
I like this post best...thanks Ronniegirl:

"..you are crossdressing...ie a crossdresser..I do not attach any other psychological meaning beyond that...but if one feels better dealing with what they enjoy doing or how they feel about it, and a label helps, then more power to you..Enjoy!"

Jaylyn
07-24-2017, 08:56 PM
My label is a guy that enjoys relaxing in soft feminine attire, I enjoy garters, hose n heels, makeup, forms, and looking in the mirror I see a softer being dressed than when I'm in my male mode. I'm thinking I don't like either term, as I've heard negative things about both terms. Mostly many think of both terms as degrading and something is wrong with those who enjoy doing what we do. I wish that men's clothing would start being more soft and that the men clothing industry and makeup industry would start making men's makeup and men's dresses thus gradually merge into the same thing as the female clothing, shoes and makeup. The hair industry is already there I've seen guy with perms n long curl and pony tails. Now get busy and do the same with everything else. JMHO

njcddresser
07-25-2017, 03:41 AM
For the longest time, I was hung up with applying a label to myself. None seemed quite right in describing who I am.

In my mind we all sit somewhere on a spectrum. If you define a crossdresser as someone who likes wearing women's clothing, I'm definitely Waay more than that but I stop short of calling myself a transgender. Maybe a cross-gender or a trans-dresser? Lol

JocelynJames
07-25-2017, 06:00 AM
I consider myself a cd

Lacey New
07-25-2017, 06:05 AM
I am a completely straight male who can never pass as a woman and I have no desire to pass or live as a woman. I simply like to wear women's clothing from time to,time. So what am I? If there is some other term for what a person who behaves as I do, then I don't know it. I thought the right term was "cross dresser" and that's why I joined this site.

Kate Simmons
07-25-2017, 06:35 AM
Not everyone is defined by those definitions. We are all individuals and I'd like to see it come to the day when we can be appreciated for who we are rather than fit under someone else's definition of who we are. Then we know we are making real progress. :battingeyelashes::)

Barbara Jo
07-25-2017, 06:39 AM
Started as Transvestite but that changed to crossdresser. That then changed to non-binary maybe gender fluid. Strange that I accepted all those labels when I am just me! Hugs Lana Mae

LOL, the word "transvestite" literately means crossdresser. :)
Word meanings are often perverted in peoples minds..

Angie G
07-25-2017, 06:58 AM
As long as I can dress in girlything I don't care what you call my I'm happy.:hugs:
Angie

Wendy me
07-25-2017, 07:18 AM
I have a "her" and a "him"side ...
"Him" is who I have to put up to be Wendy
And Wendy is not a cd Tv or outher type
Wendy is who I am in my heart my mind
And who keeps me alive and drives me
Every day..... "Him" is our person who has a small part
In our life kinda a balance ... he has the means to make Wendy possible.

Ressie
07-25-2017, 07:25 AM
I also don't agree with the OP's definitions. I don't even completely agree with Reine's definitions either, but at least she has crossdressing and transvestism as the same thing.

Someone else recently defined a transvestite as a guy that doesn't shave his body hair, but wears women's clothes. These are more like stereotypes than definitions IMO!

Until categories are agreed on by everyone I can't put myself into only one. Categories overlap for many of us anyway. Sometimes I shave my body hair, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I don't wear a wig and makeup, sometimes I do. Sometimes I feel dysphoria, usually I don't.

If I leave the house dressed, I'm gonna do my best to pass. At home alone I may dress to the nines or I may only wear a few women's garments.

CynthiaD
07-25-2017, 08:52 AM
For me, crossdresser=transvestite. When I first started the term "crossdresser" didn't exist.

When describing myself, I prefer the term "woman." I also like T-girl, but not as much. I don't really mind any sort of term, as long as it's used respectfully.

Aemilie
07-25-2017, 09:02 AM
"T-girl" I like that, it seems quite simple & to the point.

Fiona123
07-25-2017, 04:08 PM
I hate the term transvestite. Its way out of date. CD is ok but I prefer transgender.

Tahoegurl
07-25-2017, 04:23 PM
We are so willing to put ourselves in a box. What other people think of me is none of my business. I am OK with who I am, my wife loves all of me...I love all of her. I wear men's and women's clothes and try to present the best me possible. If people are disrespectful...then why are they in your life. Just my two cents.

Jaylyn
07-25-2017, 04:49 PM
If trans means cross over then I guess we could be trans dressers, or we could be cross gendered. Ummmmmm

LilSissyStevie
07-26-2017, 11:05 PM
This subject comes up from time to time. It's always interesting to discover the origin for different terms. In this case "Transvestite" was a term coined by the German physician/sexologist and pioneering LGBT advocate Mangus Hirschfeld in his 1910 book titled "Transvestites: The Erotic Drive To Cross Dress." So, even in the beginning transvestite and cross-dresser meant exactly the same thing. I'm sure the good Dr. Hirschfeld meant for the term to be a step up from the likes of freak, pervert, evildoer and the like but some professionally offended people are just never going to be happy.

AllieBellema
07-27-2017, 05:31 PM
I can't see myself being anything more than a CD. I love wearing the dresses I wear and getting a bunch of photos taken, but I don't really have anything that would be passable in today's world and can't see myself really owning anything along those lines.

Maryesther M.
07-27-2017, 07:14 PM
Occasional crossdresser, nothing more. I'd never 'pass' in public and any dressing I do is strictly private, with femm. items carefully (sometimes not carefully enough !) hidden away from MOH, who strongly disapproves.

Photography plays a big part and I derive much enjoyment from viewing & editing my CD-ing pics, most of which are taken in our grounds outside at this time of year.

M.

Jessica_Maree
07-28-2017, 04:56 PM
I enjoy crossdressing in private, mainly from the waist down. Nothing better than wearing a skirt and tights on the couch. Couldn't pass in public and don't really feel the need to share my secret.

GeorgeA
07-28-2017, 09:10 PM
rebecca34 wrote:
when I dress in womens clothes I don't do make-up or wigs; I just wear womens clothes that I can get away with in 'guy mode'.

You obviously are a miad.

jack-ie
07-28-2017, 11:37 PM
I'm with Sallee! I want to look female when dressed though I often lounge in very casual fem. If I happen to be wearing something pull over, I might be fully dressed before applying makeup and feel feminine. It's when I start to apply my makeup that I begin to feel fully female. I know, it's some kind of trigger but it's my trigger.

Jill_cd
07-29-2017, 05:25 AM
I am a cd If I don't have wig and makeup I am not dressed Yes please mistake me for a woman

Ditto! I very rarely under dress. I go the whole nine yards: makeup, wig, clothes and heels. I don't want to be seen as a guy in women's clothing. I want to be seen as a woman.

Jane G
07-29-2017, 11:02 AM
When my wife and I have a tiff over my identity, she will tend to call me a transvestite, so naturally I prefer the term crossdresser. In reality I think they are one and the same. Just labels in any case. Get on with life and make the most of it.

ShelbyDawn
07-29-2017, 01:13 PM
While I understand your desire/need to categorize, there is an inherent problem with creating static labels for what we do. This community is so diverse; from those who are in transition to those of us who have to dress to the nines to satisfy our need to dress to those of us who are very casual in our dressing; you can't create enough labels for everybody to feel comfortable with their categorization. See, I just implied three labels to your two and we both left a bunch of people out. :)

NicoleScott
07-29-2017, 07:12 PM
It's not rocket surgery. If you wear clothing normally worn by the opposite sex, you're a crossdresser (and a transvestite, since they mean the same). A label doesn't have to describe you down to minute details.

biannne
07-29-2017, 10:33 PM
By definition I am crossdresser as I am man that like wear women clothing. I also shave my body, wear a wig and try to pass as woman. But I am also interested in changing my body to look for like a woman, ie. I take hormones.
So I consider myself a transgendered woman.

Christine Eriksson
07-30-2017, 07:42 AM
One aspect here is that in Sweden, where I live, we unfortunately don't have the word Crossdresser/Crossdressing. The only word is Transvestit(e) and I hate that word. It would definitely feel better to have a not so clinical word to describe your self. Transvestite is more like a wider umbrella-concept in my opinion.

Karen RHT
07-30-2017, 08:16 AM
I'm comfortable with the "crossdresser" label, however correct or incorrect that label might be. I wear lingerie, stockings, heels, skirts, dresses, around our home when I please, and I'm trying to help my wife get comfortable with me wearing them outside our home. I'm anxious to wear what I please, when I please, where I please, but don't want to upset her with that last one.

Once my wife overcomes her concerns about me wearing skirts or dresses outside our home, it will be interesting to see just how frequently or infrequently I wear "women's" clothes. I don't foresee me wearing them 24/7/365 but I am adventurous and just so darn comfortable and relaxed while wearing skirts and dresses. :)

Karen

Lacy PJs
08-01-2017, 10:04 AM
...I wear the clothes because I like the way they feel. To me there is something liberating about the feel of a skirt or dress swishing around my legs or the feel of a soft blouse resting on my chest. That is why I dress

There doesn't seem to be any room in popular definitions for this but I'm in the same category. I like the feel of the clothes. I like the way they make me feel as well. Body hair can stay just where it's at; I'm not into shaving unless really necessary. "Sometimes" a wig just seems appropriate to complete the outfit but not always. And... make-up would simply be a waste of time for me.

Lacy PJs

Marie-Jo
08-01-2017, 12:38 PM
CD/transvestite is a very broad label. It works sometimes but to answer the "sort of" question we will need more dimensions. There are concepts like development of gender including gender identity and expression, transgender and gender nonconforming that are needed to be able to add details.
For me as a transperson, having a male body, adding female features, is CD or TV acceptable to highlight the broad context.
It is also an evolving story. In the beginning it was more nylon stockings, lingerie and play that evolved into the recognition of a female part of me, adding more like skirts, make-up, hair. The playtime changed from a couple of hours to more hours. Then I had a full day and a whole weekend. Now there was a change as I became more reluctant to change back to the maleness. Over time I am less interested in changing for a short time. It is a feeling that there is a resistance changing back. So today I am more of a transwoman in the meaning of gender identity than CD in the conventional meaning and this is evolving. My physical limits are real and using HRT to move these limits is tempting. My gender expression is not full time female. I think that if I were, I wouldn't think that the CD label would be appropriate to tell enough about me. Today I think CD/TV is an ok description of my gender expression, but less of my evolving gender identity.
No simple answer to the question of "type of".

Kayliedaskope
08-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Very simply, when all is said and done, I am a male that occasionally likes to put on and wear women's clothing, lingerie (especially lingerie!), and heels. I have very little chance of passing, as my features are too "masculine", but I love the softness of feminine attire, and can even walk halfway decent in 4" heels.

BrendaPDX
08-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Not too much into categorizations; "i am what i am causes that's all that i am" Brenda

CallmeAlice
08-09-2017, 09:36 PM
I'm a cross (heh) of both by the way you have it.

I cross but I don't anyone to think I'm a woman but I can still pass if I wanted to. I don't shave or act super girly. I'm not big into wearing wigs, I have never owned one and I don't plan on having one. I like to grow out my hair, last year I had it past my shoulders it looks more natural plus having the creativity to do whatever with it was great.

It's not uncommon for me to a dress or womens clothing around the house or on a weekend, but I don't really make an effort to pass as a woman. I'm usually unshaved and I keep my facial hair. Sometimes I will do my nails but not often as I can't really keep it on for long periods of time.

Like always there's exceptions, I let my step-sisters do my makeup, nails and whatnot. My best friend/ roommate is TG MtF and I often give her tips and advice and cross with her to make her feel more comfortable.

ricki4678
08-12-2017, 11:26 AM
I put everyone in their own category. I was gay long before I started crossdressing. I found sexy female apparel connected with a part of my sexuality. The rest is history

karenph
08-12-2017, 01:09 PM
I just like how the clothes feel. It makes no difference the label someone wants to place on it.

if_only
08-17-2017, 06:24 AM
I only ever partly dress. I present as fully male but with ladies items. Usually, I'll dress male above the waist and female below. I like creating balance. For example, I'll wear straight ladies jeans with a shirt. In fall and winter, I'll wear skinny jeans with tall boots, a shirt and a men's blazer.

In that respect I may stand out a little bit. I enjoy how fitted mens tops make my shoulders look masculine, but then I enjoy the curvacious bottom ladies apparel give me.

As a biker, i have big muscular legs, so I can fill ladies pants pretty well. Of course I shave and wear panties all the time. I haven't worn any male items below the belt for a long time (except for the belt itself).

I go to work dressed as such.

Sage Rose
08-17-2017, 08:41 AM
Hello everyone:) This is my first post and I'm happy to be here!

I only dress at home several days a week right now. When I do dress up, I fully dress up. Shoes, tops, bottoms, lingerie, wigs, and makeup.
I am also married. My wife of seven years is pretty accepting of my Crossdressing (that in another post entirely!) as longn as it in in the house.

Sabrina.K
08-17-2017, 09:00 AM
I'd class my self as simply a crossdresser.

I like to wear women's clothing, but I don't dress to pass as female. I never use wigs or make up.

Laura912
08-17-2017, 05:26 PM
As one of mixed gender, I dress according to my gender at that moment.

Jaymees22
08-17-2017, 09:53 PM
If I'm asked "Are you a man or a woman?" I say yes!

Janine cd
08-17-2017, 10:10 PM
I,m a cd and have always been one. There have been fleeting moments when I dreamt of becoming a ts, but that has never been a reality.