PDA

View Full Version : Reading People Here! Each Other!

Stacy Darling
07-24-2017, 03:19 PM
As I look through the pages here and make my comments I notice that I'm making my comments on what I see!
I look at the words, try to understand them, then think for a bit. What I see may differ from what others see!

I live life reacting to what is in front of me and what is current but whilst reading the forum, some of us are reviving the past and bringing up things which someone has posted in the past! Some of our views six months back may have been different, Six months ago I said I was straight!

Point being, we can't read each other as our partners can't read us!
So please don't over read each other!

Stacy!

Jodi
07-24-2017, 03:24 PM
Stacy, Some of us have been around this MB for quite a while. There are a number of posters that can be read and seen through if you know their history on the MB

Don't be so quick to judge those of us with long memories and attention to detail in the past.

jodi

Stacy Darling
07-24-2017, 03:40 PM
Jodi,
Too many variables to consider but your point is quite a good one.
And one I didn't take into consideration as much as I should have!

Stacy!

Teresa
07-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Stacy,
We're all different and may visit and use the forum in varied ways. I for one have found myself by revealing possibly too much on the forum but is that a bad thing in achieving that.

I sometimes read threads and wish the member could write what they truthfully feel, sometimes it's not what's written but what is hidden between the lines. Maybe it is a sad fact but members here may know more about this part of my life than my wife does.
Of course our language changes, if we are being honest and hopefully not too much BS we are moving forward, finding , understanding and eventually accepting ourselves. That is what the people behind the forum were fundamentally trying to achieve.

I'm afraid they didn't establish it to find out how many panties we own and what colour they are, but lets not decry that side of it , CDing has it's humourous side and we have to laugh at ourselves as part of the process of coming to terms with it .

Some say we are not professionals, and aren't qualified to pass comment, that's BS ! Where do the professionals get their information from whose brains do they analyse ? We are their source and their results and advice are drawn from our experiences, they are mostly outsiders in our World we are the best qualified to help others, we have lived it.

Given any random piece of information we will interpret and act on it in different ways , that's human nature !

Stacy Darling
07-24-2017, 03:52 PM
That is possibly one of the best pieces I've read of yours Teresa, nice last line,

ClosetED
07-24-2017, 03:55 PM
People become experts based on sufficient experience with the subject matter and analysis of the experiences. A postman may spend 30 years delivering the mail, but may not have analyzed the whole issue to best decide how to deliver mail over an entire large area. Behavioral therapy providers without direct experience with the population that comes to this site are not qualified to comment on us. So this site has the most experienced people on the subject, but not all have tried to analyze over a long term - but those here are likely some of the world's experts. If you fit into the type they have seen a lot of, then their advice is worthy of consideration.
When you read words, your brain categorizes them based on YOUR prior experiences in your society, so you will see them differently than others. You can also never step into the same river - it flows and changes over time. Society is also changing - there is much more acceptance than 20 years ago.
Hugs, Ellen

Shelly Preston
07-24-2017, 04:13 PM
Sometimes reading people comes down to working out what is not being said. Normally we get enough information for a general comment. Other times, we get less and have to ask questions.

Teresa is right we may not be professionals but we do have a wealth of experience. Some members have been here since 2004.
Its fair to say they have seen most things over the years.

It really depends on the individuals involved as to how much they will know what anyone is thinking.

Gillian Gigs
07-24-2017, 04:38 PM
To use an example, "card cheaters think that everyone is cheating also". We assume that others think the same way that we do! That is what gets us into trouble. That is if I am reading you correctly Stacy.

Stacy Darling
07-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Goodness No Gillian,

My Point being, last paragraph!

Over reading each other can be so detrimental, Over reading some of us could be detrimental and push us away!

My point was more closely related to not pushing people away, but focusing on what they say today, but not so much focusing on what they may have said in the past!

Teresa
07-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Stacy,
I find the problem can be people don't read exactly what is written, and then make a comment unrelated to main point and then others pick up on that comment and finally take the thread off course . Sometimes the sidetracking brings up valid points but it can be annoying when a serious point is turned into flippancy .

Nikkilovesdresses
07-25-2017, 02:00 AM
OK! I'll try to bear that in mind!

Kate Simmons
07-25-2017, 04:52 AM
I enjoy reading folks' different perspectives as time goes on. Like much of life, this is a growth process after all. My advice is to enjoy it as such. The more we understand ourselves, the more mutual understanding we have.:battingeyelashes::)

CynthiaD
07-25-2017, 09:05 AM
I've been a member here for a while, and I see the same questions and comments being posted over and over and over ...

And I post the same responses over and over and over ...

I don't mind. Crossdressing is something I love so much that I could never tire of it.