PDA

View Full Version : Coming out, The Journey Begins....

Anne K
07-26-2017, 11:45 AM
For years, I have felt that it was time to come out of the closet and live the life I want. My wife supports me, but I need to grow. The best decision I have ever made was starting therapy with an experienced CD/TG therapist a month ago. After 4 sessions, my anxiety about going out has almost disappeared and I decided that it was time to come out to selected people in my life. My first choice was to come out to the gal who cleans the house every 2 weeks. She is a lovely, 45 year old, woman and we have a very nice friendship. I surmised that there is no way that she could not have noticed my closet full of clothes and shoes. I felt it was fair to explain myself to alleviate any concerns she may have. So, I sat down with her and without an ounce of anxiety explained myself. To my relief, she said that she already suspected that I was TG and definitely knew that -in a good way- I was different. She explained that she has a lot of friends in the LGBT community. We had a wonderful chat, hugged each other, and she said, "I'm proud of you." She even suggested meeting for drinks and/or dinner with her friends. I feel peace in my heart and joy that I can continue the journey of my life....

BTW, I spoke with her in guy mode. During the conversation, I handed her my iPhone with a couple pictures of Joyce that my therapist took. She looked at them for a while, then looked at me with a "what am I supposed to see here" look. I told her it was me and she looked at the pictures again for a while. Looking at me again, she smiled and said, "Wow!". That was really nice to hear.Wow, how times have changed! I hope all the other coming outs go as well!

Elizabeth G
07-26-2017, 12:14 PM
Hi Joyce,

We'll it certainly sounds liked you're off to a promising start. I wish you the best of luck in your journey. I agree that finding a good therapist can be a great help. After my wife found out about my crossdressing we began therapy and it has been very good for us.

Elizabeth

Jaylyn
07-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Joyce it sounds like you are on the right track, just the wow from the housekeeper is a great start.

ClosetED
07-26-2017, 02:09 PM
It is always good to hear stories where the public has less fears than we imagine. I was tempted to tell my sister this past weekend but the timing was not right - too many other things on her plate right now to add this secret.
You look wonderful in the avatar and having that peaceful feeling is wonderful.
Hugs, Ellen

AllieSF
07-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Thanks for sharing. You will find a new level of confidence and new desires to get out more now. I told my cleaning lady last week, one of the last to know about me. Enjoy and then enjoy more!

Lana Mae
07-26-2017, 04:38 PM
I am out to my daughter who has accidentally seen me dressed! My son verbally! My sister in law who I asked who the picture was of and told her it was someone she knew! She had no idea and I told her it was me! I have been to the mall to a MAC counter and they were so nice! I was over anxious and was waiting for something to happen and nothing happened! Trying to plan my next time out-soon! It is good to get out! Hugs Lana Mae

Teresa
07-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Joyce,
It's good to read your story, coming out is a gradual process, to most of us eventually it has to happen , it's good to hear you have made a good start . Pictures are a great way of making the first steps, when you tell people you're a CDer many conjure up a guy in a ill fitting dress borrowed from his wife, maybe makeup badly applied staggering around in heels. I've had many WOWS !! They just don't believe a guy has the ability to do it so well and look that good . They don't realise that we genuinely have a female trait , that does give us many insights and abilities that women have, I love putting outfits together, finding out what works and what suits my figure, I love shopping and interacting with SAs, it feels natural and normal, coming out hasn't been that bad, I admit joining a social group does help, meeting others, chatting with them and their partners. OK I do want more, if and when I set up my own home I may go full time, I'm thinking that lifestyle through very carefully. I know this time it has to happen, I can't keep putting my wife through this cycle again she honestly can't live with it and I can't honestly live without it.

I had a great therapist too , she helped me to come out by giving me a selection of some lovely clothes she said she was disposing of .

Becky Blue
07-26-2017, 10:07 PM
Good to hear your journey has gotten off to a great start Joyce.. best of luck and look forward to hearing more about it.