PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to ask

Jess S.
07-29-2017, 03:54 PM
Just saw a guy in a local brewery wearing shorts with sheer pantyhose. It was obvious they were not medical hosiery I wanted to let him know they looked great but was not sure I should.

Alberta_Pat
07-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Feel free to talk with any person who you find interesting.

Only through dialogue can we learn about others.

Diane Douglas
07-29-2017, 04:13 PM
I agree with Pat. Was he wearing women's shorts?

Pumped
07-29-2017, 04:33 PM
You could say to him quietly, "I like your shorts and hose", and see where it leads. If he ignores you, or even thanks you and ignores you, then drop it. Don't push the conversation if he is not willing. If he continues the conversation, then go on carefully. Certainly don't make a big deal about it.

Think about how you would like to be approached if out in the wild, if you were dressed. Keep it low key, quiet, casual.

Tracii G
07-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Pumped I agree with you.

Jaylyn
07-29-2017, 04:41 PM
Yes just treat others as you'd like like to be treated...... Ummm I think that what my mom used to say. Didn't think she was referring to CD ing... But really don't make a big deal just visit and compliment and see where it leads. Maybe a new friend has been found. Treat with all respect though.

Jess S.
07-29-2017, 05:57 PM
He was wearing guy shorts and sandals. I agree never said anything and wish I did.

Lorileah
07-29-2017, 06:40 PM
I guess if you want to insult him or out him or maybe even pry into his private life that you really have no business in...sure

BTW just because they of LOOK medical doesn't mean they aren't for medical or surgical reasons.

Short answer, IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Diane Taylor
07-29-2017, 07:04 PM
To Lorileah/ice queen..............your response to Jess S's post is a bit harsh. If Jess had asked this person is he/she crossdressed it would have been out of line and none of her business but she had only contemplated giving out a compliment which is not the same thing. If we ask someone if they're having a nice day that would also be none of our business wouldn't it?

CynthiaD
07-29-2017, 07:29 PM
There is a group (whose name I forget) that advocates the wearing of pantyhose by men. No crossdressing, just pantyhose. Perhaps you ran in to a member.

Lana Mae
07-29-2017, 07:58 PM
Some doctors recommend women's support pantyhose for men because they are cheaper if you don't need a lot of compression! Just my $.02! Hugs Lana Mae

Stephanie Nicole
07-30-2017, 05:20 AM
I try to remember the Golden Rule " treat others how you want to be treated". That being said, I don't think I would have had a problem commenting that I liked the hose

karenph
07-30-2017, 08:42 AM
If you thought the way he was dressed was a good look then by all means compliment him.

Allisa
07-30-2017, 08:53 AM
Just curious, were his legs hairless?

Stacy Darling
07-30-2017, 09:05 AM
I wear shorts and sandals, but my legs are waxed and highly polished. A similar look I'm thinking!

So from his side, a comment may be nice! at the same time he may wish to be left to himself!

Use your best judgement Jess, and live the moment from both sides, One benefit of being a CD!

CD Stacy!

Traci H
07-30-2017, 09:06 AM
By all means say something. It would be a very odd person that did not appreciate a sincere comment. We humans are a social bunch and an ice breaking comment would be very acceptable in my mind. You would not be threatening or making an announcement on the PA. Just an opening comment like "I really like your hose" in a very complementary tone would be fine. Life's too short!

Fiona123
07-30-2017, 01:04 PM
I would not have asked, or commented out of respect for the person's privacy. But that's just me. Lets say I was dressed drab but wearing a bra underneath, if the bra or straps showed I would not want a stranger to ask me about it in public.

Lorileah
07-30-2017, 02:52 PM
If it were a "cis" woman would you walk up and say "nice pantyhose"? The thing is you don't know their background or reason. Saying "Hope your day is going well." isn't the same as "I see by your outfit, you are a cowboy." Pointing out that you noticed he was wearing hose is not the same as saying, "Hello, how are you?"

docrobbysherry
07-30-2017, 03:01 PM
It's none of his business what u think of him. If he wanted your opinion? He'd ask!:thumbsdn:

Silkydog
07-30-2017, 04:19 PM
Personally I would just prefer a friendly smile.

BLUE ORCHID
07-30-2017, 05:24 PM
Hi Jess:hugs:, Most of the time I wear pantyhose or knee-hi nylons under my pants or jeans and I have yet to be asked about them...:daydreaming:...

Jess S.
07-30-2017, 07:48 PM
Lots of input thanks everyone. Many positive many negative.

Tracy Irving
07-30-2017, 08:38 PM
There are many reasons he could be wearing them. Wikipedia had a nice little article: Pantyhose for men. Check it out.

Meghan4now
07-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Speaking of breweries, I was just at one this weekend, and a lot of guys were in shorts. I must say, there are an awful lot of guys with either shaved legs, or very light hair. So much so that I would say that being shaved is hardly even noticeable any more.

deebra
07-31-2017, 08:01 AM
Meghan just read your thread, wonder if GG's are starting to like shaved, smooth, tanned legs on men and shorter shorts to show them off? For us a great way to top them off would be with a pair of panties.

Krisi
07-31-2017, 08:10 AM
Lots of input thanks everyone. Many positive many negative.

And that's because the members here are from all over the world and live in very different societies with very different social norms.

Asking a question like this to a group of strangers on the Internet will result in wildly different opinions and in most cases, you won't know any more than you did before you asked.

Consider though, this is a group of crossdressers and many have an agenda to promote crossdressing. It's not the same as asking a bunch of "ordinary" people.

My opinion - It's none of your business and you may embarrass him by mentioning it. I would not say a thing and treat him the same as if he was not wearing panty hose.

rebecca34
07-31-2017, 11:39 AM
Tricky, (s)he may have been out in 'stealth mode' in which case they may not want you noticing. I don't know if I'd go up to someone I didn't know and start talking about what they were wearing, beyond offering a sincere and polite compliment.

If I go out in my girls' stuff, it's only ever in total stealth mode, so to get called out by a stranger would make me nervous (but interested in equal measure)!

Being closeted I don't have any CD friends that I can talk to in rl, and a chance meeting in a shop or somewhere could turn out to be 'that' friend I would enjoy chatting to, or spending a bit of girl-time with.

I guess it's just one of those sensitive sitches that could go either way.

Pumped
07-31-2017, 06:45 PM
I agree with the comment of guys wearing colored tights or even pantyhose in guy mode. It is catching on to some degree. I saw a twenty-something year old walk into the gas station the other day, wearing a fairly normal T-shirt, men's jean shorts, men's boat shoes, with dark blue tights. This is in very conservative goat-roper country.

Here is some on Pinterest,
https://www.pinterest.com/ianmcphail/guys-rocking-their-tights-and-shorts/