PDA

View Full Version : A little mundane thing

CarlaWestin
07-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Even when you're out of the closet for quite a while there are still things that you still do. With me one of them was keeping my wigs piled in a drawer or hanging on a chair. Eventually, I would like to have a dedicated wig stand for each one but, that can wait until I buy better wigs. In the mean time, I've done this little mundane task of mounting double coat hooks to the inside of the closet so I can comb out my wigs after use and keep them from the ravages of drawer storage.

What little mundane things have you done to facilitate this wonderful activity we all enjoy?

Tracy Irving
07-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Not only is mine mundane but it is a waste of time as well! When hanging shirts and blouses I always button the entire garment. Needs ironing? Unbutton. Want to wear it? Unbutton. Thrift stores only button the top one and it works perfectly well. I can't recover the time I lost but if I adapt I can free up some new.

JenniferMBlack
07-30-2017, 11:36 AM
The lile foam wig stands are like $2.50. I am only saying because I was surprised when bought one.

Stacy Darling
07-30-2017, 12:27 PM
I don't understand Mundane for what it is!
But can say that all of my dressing and associated tasks do have purpose in some way!

I'm also thinking that you may need someone to comb your hair!

Stacy!

Aunt Kelly
07-30-2017, 12:32 PM
Be sure to get at least one of those plastic folding wig stands for drying a wig after it's been washed. The foam heads are fine, but they don't allow airflow through the cap.

Mundane things I've done... Does buying a lingerie bag count? LOL
I don't know, this might be a bad sign. My first thought in response to the question was "build that lighted vanity that I've been thinking about". I'm talking about the whole thing, six drawers, lighted mirror, etc.
I know. Not exactly "mundane", right?

Hugs,

Kelly

docrobbysherry
07-30-2017, 03:10 PM
Obviously that's not possible if u have a full collection of wigs for every occasion. Say a 100 or so? I use my foam wig heads just for my full head masks. And, recently needed to buy 14 more at auction!:straightface: