PDA

View Full Version : Swing and a miss for her.

Allisa
07-30-2017, 05:40 PM
I don't want to scare anyone from going out but today while shopping(en-femme of course) at my fave large food distributer warehouse club I heard that phrase with laughter and behind my back as usual, that we all dread, "hey that's a guy". Well I could have rushed off but instead I stopped and turned as if looking for the perpetrator of the ruse, as always as I met eyes with the woman with the big mouth she ducked down an isle and that was the last I seen or heard from her. It has been awhile since anyone has done that to me so 1 out of the 1000's of outings isn't too bad, there is always that possibility of a negative encounter but I'm not deterred from being me and enjoying myself and living my life. Like water to a ducks back I rolled on with a smile and had a small chat with the cashier surrounded by GG's waiting in line and checking out their purchases pleasantly un-phased by my presence.

Tracii G
07-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Few and far between but those kind are out there and it will happen eventually.
You did the right thing and put that lady on the spot and shamed her in the process good for you Allisa.

Its been a few years back I was in the grocery check out aisle and the lady behind me said to her friend that guy smells like he has on womens perfume.
I turned and looked her right in the eye and said at least I don't smell like I just ate a jar of pickled pigs feet.
The girl bagging my items put her hands over her mouth and turned around and broke out laughing.

Jaylyn
07-30-2017, 05:49 PM
It's just going to take time but still there will be some that are always rude. You handled it very well it sounds like.

Teresa
07-30-2017, 06:09 PM
Lisa,
So far I haven't experienced these little comments the only reaction I've had was when sitting having breakfast dressed in a hotel an elderly lady propped herself on her walking stick looked me up and down and without saying anything walked off, I turned to the others and said , " Now I know what a full body scan feels like !"

On the whole people who make comments like this are far from perfect themselves, if you chose to fire back you could give them some home truths. Usually their mouth is far bigger than their brain, it's best to ignore them and do as you did , show them it's water off a duck's back !

Krisi
07-31-2017, 08:42 AM
Negative comments, noises and dirty looks will usually send me home disappointed, but that's also a time to try to figure out what tipped them off and how to change that. Strapping on a set of boobs and a wig won't fool many people. There are many more differences between a woman and a man and it takes time and thought to figure them out and deal with them.

Jodi
07-31-2017, 02:40 PM
Krisi, None of us are passable--just face that fact. I handle comments like that just as Allisa did. Look the person right in the eye and smile.

jodi

julia marie
07-31-2017, 08:42 PM
Yes, that type of remark (or the woman who pokes her guy/friend and points at me) are upsetting and hurt my confidence for a while. It does take a bit of metnal rebuilding. But those are the exceptions. That said, the first time I got the whispered comment and point I looked at the woman who did it. I honestly think she was uglier and dumpier than me. I took that as a win.