PDA

View Full Version : Told my sister

Gen D
07-31-2017, 02:42 PM
So... Last week in our family dinner I suddenly felt some intimacy with my sister - something she said or how she said it.
I was so close to tell her right there.
When I got home, I texted her that we should go out for dinner. she was very happy. (we see each other a lot but usually don't have time to talk).
the dinner went great, talked like we never talk before - very openly about our life, kids and parents.
than I started to become nervous - she asked me what, and I said I have something that I haven't decided yet if to tell her, and than I said to my self - why not and i just told her - "I'm a crossdresser"
and than she smiled and we kept going. I told her I used to wear her clothes - she didn't know. she told me she used to play with my hair (did some small ponytails) - I don't remember it.
we kept going - I was a great evening.
The sky didn't fall...
felt a bit lighter

Pat
07-31-2017, 03:07 PM
Awesome! But you only felt "a bit" lighter? When I came out to my brother and he accepted me, I laughed, cried and smiled so wide for the week following that the top of my head almost fell off. Being out to family is one of the greatest things, in my opinion. Congratulations!

Elizabeth G
07-31-2017, 03:37 PM
That's great! I'm very happy for you.

Gen D
07-31-2017, 04:09 PM
Awesome! But you only felt "a bit" lighter?

yep, I think it was just a bit.
My bug struggle is my wife acceptance. We are still working on it and it long hard process

Jaylyn
07-31-2017, 05:06 PM
Happy that things are better and you talked to your sister. Glad the sky didn't fall...

Teresa
07-31-2017, 06:06 PM
Gen,
It's good to be able to have trust in your close family to be so honest with them, I'm glad it turned out OK.

The question is was she shocked and did she ask any questions ?

How do you explain the feeling lighter sensation, I know when I told my wife it felt like a millstone lifted off my shoulders, so do we think it's a burden we need to share ?

alwayshave
07-31-2017, 06:15 PM
Gen, I'm glad your coming out to your sister went well.

Nicole11
07-31-2017, 08:58 PM
Hi Gen. I'm glad you came out to your sister and felt better and lighter. That is never easy but important in being true to "ourselves."

Fiona123
08-01-2017, 07:36 AM
Coming out takes a lot of courage, but you did it! I admire you, very well done. You deserve to be proud of yourself.

countrygirl
08-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Congratulations on your coming out to your sister. I too have come out of my family. It is nice not having to hide this side of you.

Stacy Darling
08-01-2017, 09:43 AM
So glad to hear that you have that off your mind!
Having worry, want or wishing to tell on our minds is such a drain on our health!
So glad that your sister seems to be good with it, some of our sisters are nice!

Very happy for you,
Stacy!

Lana Mae
08-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Congrats on coming out to your sister! Glad it worked out OK! Hugs Lana Mae

maninfemclothes
08-01-2017, 12:56 PM
So great! Really happy for you. I am gradually coming out to friends and family.. all who have been told so far have been super accepting.

Congrats on just going for it! Glad it worked out well :)

Dana44
08-01-2017, 01:01 PM
That is great Gen, Acceptance is wonderful.

Marie-Jo
08-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Your story makes me think that it is maybe time to come out in the open to my relatives. The DADT is not a good thing. Incapacitating in many ways.
Good for you that it was a success!

sometimes_miss
08-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Wonderful that it worked out well. It's certainly nice to know it's possible; it keeps hopes up for the rest of us. I came out to mom and sis, and it didn't work out well at all. So now I'm going to be going on a cross country trip to visit the various family members, and will have to consider what I'll say if any talk comes up about all the TG stuff in the news these days.