PDA

View Full Version : If I asked Your Wife How many Dresses It was ok for you to own, What would she say ?

Robbiegirl
08-01-2017, 04:53 PM
I know many of you have supportive wives and many have DADT wives so the answers will be quite different.

For the DADT wives I guess i would wonder how many dresses they think you own versus how many you actually own. Also how do you hide them, dresses have to be hung ?

Thanks

Oh i am in a DADT relationship and only own 2 dresses which is all she thinks i own since she has seen me in them

Jaylyn
08-01-2017, 05:40 PM
My wife and I share a few dresses. Some she doesn't know I share with her. She has a bunch of tops that I can wear as they are loose fitting and I have several skirts. The long dresses we both enjoy. I love putting on a long dress after a day's work and sitting in my recliner. It's very relaxing. I can't answer how many she would say I could own. I do control how many I buy. I had as many as six of my own at one time. I've purged several times also. I know it's stupid of me but sometimes guilt gets to me.

Micki_Finn
08-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Open and supporting wife here so basically the answer is whatever the closet can fit. I imagine hiding dresses would be difficult

vicky_cd99_2
08-01-2017, 06:01 PM
I am lucky. My wife gave me a closet in the spare room for my girl things, except my shoes. Those can't be explained. She has no problem with Vicky but doesn't want the neighbors or our kids to know her.

Elizabeth G
08-01-2017, 06:18 PM
My wife is somewhere in the middle. More than DADT but not totally supportive so I'm guessing she would prefer the answer be zero. That being said, we just talked to a contractor and designer about an addition to our house which will include more closet space and she is the one who suggested I move my womens clothes in when it's done. So her answer would likely be as long as I'm not taking up her space then it's up to me.

Jenn A116
08-01-2017, 06:27 PM
I've got a supportive wife so there really isn't a limit. Cant count how many dresses, probably only a handful. But I'm more a separates girl and must have a dozen tops and an equal number of bottoms (skirts/pants/leggings).

Dana44
08-01-2017, 06:29 PM
I have filled my closet. Own five or six dresses. most are skirts and tops. Have girl jeans and jeggings, girl T-shirts and many night wear. Running out of space to put them. LOL

Allison Chaynes
08-01-2017, 06:34 PM
I'd call my wife supportive as long as I keep it from family, kids, etc.

She's told me I have too many. She wasn't wrong. I donated a great number to Goodwill/Salvation Army this year. I am going to say I am down to 20? She'd probably say I need only about five at most.

JenniferMBlack
08-01-2017, 06:43 PM
Mine would probably say as many as she wants to own. How many she thinks I have I don't know how many I actually have 5 or 6 I think. Now skirts she would maybe say I have to many ( some where around 50) and maybe I do. Maybe that's why she keeps stealing them.

JeanTG
08-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Zero.

The reality, is I own 8 dresses, two skirts, a bunch of tops, three pairs of jeans (one pair in pink), one pair of leggings, a pair of shorts, a blazer and a bolero. Plus tons of panties, bras, camis, two nightgowns, a sleep camisole and sleep boxers, pantyhose, knee-highs, makeup, nail polish.

The only thing she tolerates are the panties.

Kelly DeWinter
08-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Is there an upper limit ?

AmandaM
08-01-2017, 08:25 PM
I have a complete woman's wardrobe. Probably, 12 dresses among other things. She doesn't care.

NicoleScott
08-01-2017, 08:43 PM
She knows what I have: several but not many, just enough for some variety. I have 2 dresses (a maid's dress and a cheongsam), a few skirts and a few tops, most of which mix and match well. Clothing is generally less important to me than wigs, makeup, high heels, and (strangely) accessories (nails, jewelry, headbands, etc.).

OCCarly
08-01-2017, 08:51 PM
I probably own a dozen dresses. But I am sure she will let me have a few more.

alwayshave
08-01-2017, 09:35 PM
I show my fiancee everything I buy, I don't think she cares how may I have as long as she has more.

Sometimes Steffi
08-01-2017, 09:43 PM
My wife would hope that I have no dresses. I certainly have many more that she does, but since my relationship is DADT, I don't think she knows how many dresses I have.

IleneD
08-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Number of Dresses is probably one of the factors that continued to alarm my wife. Over the last year, since coming out, I went from that single LBD to a closet with over a dozen dresses, probably 8-10 skirts, many tops, 6 bras, etc.....) The rapid escalation of my girl wardrobe no doubt set off a few signals to her. She has not been keen on my CD habit since I shared the news.

I also kept my clothes in the open, in my closet. My lady clothes were there every time I walked into the closet, fully visible every day. [That probably had a negative impression on the wife too.] Recently I decided (voluntarily) to take a hiatus from dressing up. I can tell you now it will not last and I'm counting the days on my self-imposed moratorium until I can once again dare.

But if you asked The Wife, she would say the ideal number is ZERO (0).

Ariana225
08-02-2017, 12:22 AM
I asked my wife the question. She asked me what number I thought she was thinking about. I said 5 and it was right lol

Marie-Jo
08-02-2017, 01:15 AM
Wife is sort of "not interested" but I have only two dresses. As I am sewing my skirts they are more than 5 and in frequent use. What she is most concerned with is all the men's shirts that take space an seldom are used. I think that the space management is the problem. Soon I will start sewing blouses and dresses so space must be taken from somewhere so less old drab shirts and trousers is the obvious solution. :o

Hell on Heels
08-02-2017, 02:16 AM
Hell-o Robbie,
Pretty much from the point that my SO became
aware of my dressing, the days of hiding everything
were over. I was hanging my clothes in our closet where
they should be.
Although I've often wondered if her being OK with my
stuff hanging there was just an easy way for her to keep
tabs on my dressing???
She's aware that there has been a certain amount of
progression going on, and wants/needs to know exactly
at what speed that progression is moving.
To me it seems to be at a snails pace, but to her I
imagine each new item of clothing puts me one
step closer to a surgeons table.
Much Love,
Kristyn
Oh BTW, I only own 8 (at this time!), and she bought one
of them for me!

jennifer0918
08-02-2017, 02:30 AM
She will say zero!!

Aemilie
08-02-2017, 03:06 AM
I'm very lucky my wife's supportive, so Millie's taken over a wardrobe in the spare bedroom, but at the moment it's five dresses.

CarlaWestin
08-02-2017, 06:42 AM
My wife would say zero so I've kept it down to 40 or fifty in two closets.

Krisi
08-02-2017, 09:19 AM
She would say "As many as you want."

I don't own or wear a lot of dresses, mostly skirts and blouses. We shop together and she often picks out clothes for me.

CynthiaD
08-02-2017, 11:12 AM
Zero. I don't know how many dresses I own, probably around 50. They hang openly in the closet, so my wife knows about all of them. Acceptance is one thing. Approval is something else.

Stephanie47
08-02-2017, 11:21 AM
My wife and I are in a DADT marriage. It is really a DADT marriage with nothing done to display any femininity on my part. I do not do any body modifications. I do not shave my body which is rather hairless to begin with, especially my legs. The forearms are a different story. My wife does not make any negative comments about cross dressing. My wardrobe is "hidden" in plain sight. My wardrobe is stored in the "rec" room which has turned into a storeroom. My clothes are stored in Xerox boxes stacked up. I maintain a 'word' document with each dress described by style, color and size. Along with that is a file folder with a picture of each dress. It makes it easier to select a dress to wear. I have 158 dresses. My wife does not know I have even one. If she does know, she hasn't said anything.....not a hint. It would be nice to be able to hang them in a closet, but, alas that is not going to happen.

Krea
08-02-2017, 11:29 AM
She would say zero! My wife is accepting of me in some things, but not dresses.

Stacy Darling
08-02-2017, 11:40 AM
With me adding another zero, could I suggest that we employ an accounting firm!
Stacy! just counting numbers!

Alice B
08-02-2017, 11:45 AM
She has never asked ,but since my dresses hang in our joint closet she has but to look. Has never made a comment

Maria_mtf
08-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Again she would say zero. I have bought 6 in the past year by restraining myself, she says this is too many!

Cheryl T
08-02-2017, 02:10 PM
She'd say she doesn't even know exactly how many I have now.
It wouldn't matter to her at all. She's super supportive and involved in everything I do all the time.

She would however be able to tell you how many she owns... lol

okie kay
08-02-2017, 02:26 PM
She would'nt limit me .But I have five dress's which she borrows some times.Mostly skirts and blouses for me.

SherriePall
08-02-2017, 02:54 PM
I read through all the replies and found many gave a number I know my wife would say. But, only after asking me what I needed a dress for? "What do you need that for?" is her favorite question when she finds something of mine. So, the answer would be ZERO!

Robertacd
08-02-2017, 03:13 PM
I kinda resent the "okay to have" aspect as it is pointless. A DADT wife would probably say zero, and an excepting wife would probably say, as many as you need.

Nobody would ever ask me how many pairs of shoes it's okay for my wife to own

Tina Davis
08-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Zero, said very forcefully.

I do own 7 dresses but she doesn't know about any of them. And I will keep it that way as long as I can. And I agree with Roberta that I don't get asked about her shoe collection.

Lana Mae
08-02-2017, 05:27 PM
My wife, God rest her soul, who knew nothing about this would have said Zero! (I only wore panties 4-5 times during our marriage!) Hugs Lana Mae

susie evans
08-02-2017, 10:08 PM
As many as I want

Paula Michelle
08-03-2017, 06:49 AM
My super supportI've wife would let me get as many as I wanted.

rebecca34
08-03-2017, 09:44 AM
My wife knows nowt, so my best guess is she would say a definite - none!

~Joanne~
08-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Even before my SO knew about all of this, I never hid my dresses to a point where they weren't hung up. Had she went to the back of the closet and looked , she would have saw them. She has been very open minded about all of this and has never tried to put any limits or restrictions on me, I am truly blessed.

Ashleyrobyn831
10-03-2017, 12:33 AM
My wife only makes me follow the rule she has for herself, which is that you can only have what you will actually wear. For me, it doesn't come into play so much with dresses; after a decade and a half+ of living exclusively as a woman I only have purpose-specific dressed now--you know, church, dinner parties, funerals, weddings, etc. Where it really affects me is in shirts/blouses, because I'll see something I love and get it, but after a few wearings I'll have picked up a few more and so on and so forth, so that things just get lost in the shuffle and sit unused purely due to numbers. I don't know why I have such a weakness for tops, but if she wasn't keeping me under control with the rule, I would inevitable end up with more shirts and blouses than a large high school could wear. 😀

BrendaPDX
10-03-2017, 07:42 AM
OK, I am a total closet case & DADT. I can't remember the last time I saw my wife in a dress so I would say she has zero, me on the other hand I have about a dozen. I keep them in an older large suitcase that has a bar in it to double them over and keeps them in reasonably good condition. She would say I have a three or four. Kind of a fun question, for some reason I was smiling the whole time while posting this. Take care, Brenda

Jennifer in CO
10-03-2017, 08:04 AM
She would say zero, I will say one, and I bought it just to see if I was a MIAD or still "had it". Definitely a MIAD these days...OLD MIAD....

LeannS
10-03-2017, 10:58 AM
My wife would say none but I have them hung up in a spare bedroom and for the record I have 14 and in a dadt they are away from her.
but not hidden anymore tops and skirts are another matter way to many lol

Leann

Ronnica
10-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Unfortunately my wife would say "none"

Jayne44C
10-03-2017, 11:38 AM
The answer would be zero....

aprilgirl
10-03-2017, 11:43 AM
No limit here to the number of dresses, only space in our closet. We value shop at thrift stores, and recycle when needed, so there's not a cost factor involved. Besides, she likes my taste, and often will borrow dresses from my side of the closet. Kim

Tracy Irving
10-03-2017, 11:48 AM
When we are out shopping and my wife says to me, "I would look good in that dress" there is no point in checking its availability in my size. Everything else is fair game until the closet is full.

BTW, the closet is full.

jennifer0918
10-03-2017, 12:04 PM
Zero......

2B Natasha
10-03-2017, 04:37 PM
I’m with Roberta on this one. Except the show thing. I hear women at work talk about how many shoes they have all the time. UsuLly lamenting the fact they’d have to may. Go figure. My wife on the other hand. She is mighty frugal and keeps a very sparse closet. It’s full where she likes it and she employs the “ one in, one out “ method. A ually. I do also. To how many dresses. I would say 6 maybe 7. I’ve never really counted them.

Cheers!

Sami Brown
10-03-2017, 05:21 PM
I have about half a dozen. My wife likes buying dresses for me more than I do for myself, so I guess the sky is the limit.

Tracy Ann
10-03-2017, 06:06 PM
She would say zero! I have two and she is not too happy about it.

Paige Dehart
10-03-2017, 08:33 PM
I say as many as she needs.
:)

Morgan lace
10-03-2017, 08:39 PM
My wife doesnt put a limit on what I can own, as long as we can afford it.:straightface:

lucy_miller
10-04-2017, 06:29 AM
So I have 1 public dress (old one from my wife) and three skirts (two of which i've bought) and a couple of tops which she is aware about but only just tolerates and never wants to see.. thus I have 6 hidden dresses which she maybe aware of but probably not. I guess that until she can come to terms with the stuff I have acknowledged we will remain DADT

Laura28
10-05-2017, 08:58 AM
She wouldn't care how many I buy. I have about a dozen so it is just no big deal to here what I get.

Dana44
10-05-2017, 01:35 PM
I guess as many I want.

RachelB.
10-05-2017, 02:05 PM
My wife is supportive and has bought me more than one dress. I probably own about 40-50. Most of them came from thrift stores or discount racks at major realtailers.

natalie12
10-15-2017, 02:31 PM
My wife is very supportive of me !!!!!! As long as we can afford it and she has the dresses/clothes she need for work she wouldn't give me a limit as long as I wear them.

Cherylgyno
10-15-2017, 02:53 PM
Robbie, I just asked. My closet is a bedroom, I should be happy with what I have. She added that if she gets a shopping spree, I can get more dresses. No maximum number was set. Heels? She says that I have to build a rotating shoe rack in Cheryl's closet. Panties, I never have enough according to her. She loves buying panties for me as presents. Bras, I only have 10 or 12 so I need bras. Maybe buy 8-10 bras, take 3-4 to Salvation army.