PDA

View Full Version : An inside joke - another small sign of increased acceptance

Elizabeth G
08-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Hi All,

My wife and I met with a contractor and architect the other day to discuss a house addition which will include much needed additional closet space. My wife has already talked about me putting my femme wardrobe in this closet when it's ready.

During the conversation the term "his and hers" closet came up so my wife made the requisite "you mean hers and hers" joke all the while looking at me and smiling as she said it. The builder and architect laughed accordingly not suspecting a thing:)

The road to her acceptance has been slow and steady and this felt like another small step in the process.

Elizabeth

Krisi
08-03-2017, 09:15 AM
Yes, I think that's a good sign.

Territx
08-03-2017, 09:36 AM
That is wonderful! I am so happy for you.

ClosetED
08-03-2017, 09:49 AM
It is a step in personal acceptance, but saying in front of strangers can be considered a method of outing you. If that is not your plan, then it is a small backstab. We are remodeling the master bathroom and she wants me to enclose an alcove and add a 8 X 8 closet. I bought the 2x4s and starting to lay them out. She already hung some Ellen outfits in my drab closet, so maybe she will let me keep more upstairs instead of in basement.
Hugs, Ellen

josie_S
08-03-2017, 09:56 AM
thats great...and congrats on the closet! how fun!

suzanne
08-03-2017, 10:09 AM
A very good sign indeed.

Pat
08-03-2017, 10:13 AM
Very cool! Here's wishing the two of you great happiness. :)

Stacy Darling
08-03-2017, 10:40 AM
I can just about feel that smile on your face, we need the space!
Stace!

RADER
08-03-2017, 12:54 PM
About 12 years ago, my wife had me build an addition to our house.
Since I was a Carpenter, originally built the place a long time ago;
She was the contractor and architect, I was the dumb guy with the
hammer. And yes, I put in 3 extra closets, and a much needed Laundry Chute.
Rader

Tahoegurl
08-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Her's and Her's...how awesome...I think it is and acceptance statement.

Lana Mae
08-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Sounds like acceptance to me! Isn't acceptance wonderful? Hugs Lana Mae

alwayshave
08-04-2017, 06:12 AM
Elizabeth, great story. Good luck with the addition.

Krisi
08-04-2017, 09:02 AM
The term "hers and hers" could be taken as a comment on women having a lot of clothes and needing more than one closet. I suspect that's the way the contractor took it.

To you though, the comment (she was smiling at you) was an inside joke and that's good.

Alice K
08-04-2017, 10:03 AM
What a lovely little aside from your wife. It seems she sees some humor in all this which is great!

I agree with Krisi on how the contractor would take it and I imagine your wife knew that.

Cute story.
Alice K

maninfemclothes
08-04-2017, 10:36 AM
That's great :-) I love when my partner or one of our kids makes inside jokes like that too!

Tracy Irving
08-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Congratulations on the new closet space. Very jealous here. Currently, I limit myself to a jam packed 8' closet so I need to purge once in a while (last week). Three totes to the attic later and there is room to walk in but nowhere to add more items. My wife and I have talked about reconfiguring the master bedroom wing to add another closet. One can dream...