PDA

View Full Version : Stepping up, or leaving the seat down?

Roslynsimm17
08-05-2017, 04:43 PM
For this thought, as I was using the restroom just curious how many with so/wife leave the seat down and not get yelled at for leaving it up. When my wife and I talked about dressing while at home, if I am fully dressed or just getting home from work the seat is always left down. Only time that the seat is left up is when of son's come over and uses the restroom.

Ariana225
08-05-2017, 04:47 PM
The seat is always down at our house unless it's getting cleaned or someone comes over and leaves it up. I pee sitting down in guy and girl mode. Of course unless my male privledge allows me to pee outside in the woods lol

Lana Mae
08-05-2017, 04:49 PM
At home, the seat is always down, because I sit down to go! I stand up when out and about(in male mode). Have not got to the having to go when out dressed! Hugs Lana Mae

Bobbi46
08-05-2017, 04:54 PM
My now ex used to give me hell if the seat was left up but I used to get my own back by not opening the window after having a sit down!!!

nvlady
08-05-2017, 05:19 PM
I like to read in the bathroom, so standing up makes my aim somewhat less accurate.

Majella St Gerard
08-05-2017, 05:46 PM
I am single and have my own bathroom off the master bedroom so it's always up. But I never understood the whole put the seat down thing. I am 54 years old and have only once, at age 4, sat on a toilet with the seat up, I learned my lesson that day. Why would anyone sit down without checking first.

Tracy Irving
08-05-2017, 05:48 PM
If I didn't sit down I don't think I would reply to as many threads as I do.

Robertacd
08-05-2017, 05:51 PM
My wife always leaves it down, if I am standing I put it up then back down when I am done most of the time.

But my wife never complains if I forget to put it back down.

StephanieM
08-05-2017, 06:03 PM
I've always left it down. When I was growing up I had to leave it down for my mom and sister. When I was single I left it down out of habit and til this day, where I'm the only guy in the house, I still leave it down.

Teresa
08-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Roslyn,
I guess it's good manners to put the seat down after it's only a courtesy for the GGs in the house, I still find it easier to stand when dressed, it's easier to find things and tuck them away again .

Tracii G
08-05-2017, 06:20 PM
My ex wives always gave me grief over the seat no matter if it was up or down.
My fist ex wanted it down so I put it down usually but if one of the kids left it up I got the blame for it.
My second ex wanted it down so when she found it up I said well you are in there put it down but your ass is big enough it didn't really matter either way.
We teased each other like that all the time.

Teresa
08-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Tracii,
Ouch! that's one comment I wouldn't make ! Have you always been a sweet talker ?

Tracy Irving
08-05-2017, 07:09 PM
I thought we had smart seats that do all the hard work of putting it up and down for us. Just wave your hand and... presto!

Tracii G
08-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Teresa we made fun of each other all the time and it was never meant in a mean way.
Out doing the grocery shopping she would pick an item put it in the buggy and say come on fat ass we don't have all day.
Her favorite was to blurt out while we were in the cookie aisle OMG you think you really need cookies tubby?

Lauri K
08-05-2017, 07:55 PM
No wife, no kids and the seats are always left down, so if one is left up it occasionally it is because the cleaning lady Lauri left it up...............or the ghosts have been here again

Jeri Ann
08-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Standing to pee is gross. It splatters everywhere. That's why the men's restroom is so nasty. The seat stays down at my house. No one here but me and Obi, my rescue pup, and he goes outside. Oh, I forgot Buttons, my cat, he goes in the litter box.

Sometimes Steffi
08-05-2017, 08:32 PM
I have BPH and a weak stream as a result. so I always pee sitting down, unless I'm in a hurry or need to use my male perogative because the bathroom is dirty. So the seat is down.

Rachael Leigh
08-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Always down, always sit to pee

docrobbysherry
08-05-2017, 09:25 PM
I won't comment on the miriad,"undies", fetish threads. But, I'm commenting on THIS one? I must need a drink-----:drink:

Ineke Vashon
08-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Some time ago, somewhere, I used a toilet where the seat was spring loaded to the UP position. You pushed it down and sat. On the way up the seat followed you up. Weird, but usually clean.

Much earlier, in southern Europe, I found toilets without a seat, just two pads to put your feet on and you squatted over the hole (oops, there went my wallet again:eek:). But at least no wet seat.

Ineke

Sara Jessica
08-05-2017, 11:12 PM
I won't comment on the miriad,"undies", fetish threads. But, I'm commenting on THIS one? I must need a drink-----:drink:

OMG, I've been drinking and I read a peeing thread. Must drink some more.

At least Jeri's comment was right on target (yes, pun fully intended) so that I don't have to offer anything constructive.

lingerieLiz
08-05-2017, 11:17 PM
And the answer is the seat and top should both be down to avoid spreading germs such as E. coli.

Yes, I do sit down to pee unless in guy mode.

Kiwi Primrose
08-06-2017, 12:24 AM
Seat down all the time and I sit every time. There is no point in wearing nice lingerie and acting like a man.

Jillian Faith
08-06-2017, 07:11 AM
The seat is always down at our house unless it's getting cleaned or someone comes over and leaves it up. I pee sitting down in guy and girl mode. Of course unless my male privledge allows me to pee outside in the woods lol

Since having prostate cancer I also pee sitting down in both modes unless I'm outside working on out 5+ acres.

I like to read in the bathroom, so standing up makes my aim somewhat less accurate.

I also read while sitting in the bathroom...they don't call it the throne of knowledge for nothing.

:):thumbsup:YEAH MY 1000th POST:):thumbsup:

Ariana225
08-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Standing to pee is gross. It splatters everywhere. That's why the men's restroom is so nasty. The seat stays down at my house. No one here but me and Obi, my rescue pup, and he goes outside. Oh, I forgot Buttons, my cat, he goes in the litter box.

I couldn't agree more! I clean the toilets in my household and I like it clean. No matter how good of an aim you are it will never be as clean as just sitting to pee. My wife questioned me at first but I told her it was to feel more girly, keeps a clean bathroom, and the seat will always be down for her. She doesn't question it anymore.

Another big plus is going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and not having to worry about turning lights on and blinding yourself.

Teri Ray
08-06-2017, 08:47 AM
My wife wants the seat down all the time. Two good reasons:

1. It helps avoid an unintended midnight fall into the depths of the bowl.
2. Keeps the family dogs from drinking from the toilet and making a wet mess everywhere.

I try to keep up with the rule of always leave the seat and lid down.............but I figure I am only 80 % compliant.

If the lid is up its likely my fault even if its not. I have on occasion dropped the lid after use to announce..."THE LID IS DOWN" always a proud moment when I get it right.

alwayshave
08-06-2017, 09:00 AM
My ex-wife was terror about leaving the seat up which I almost never did. Of course everything about me except my paycheck bothered her. When I knew it was over I did purposely leave it up, yes I was passive aggressive, and when she would give me sh*t, I would tell her you have two hands, put it down. That being said, I always put it down.

~Joanne~
08-06-2017, 12:33 PM
I tell my so all the time, if I have to put it up to go, you have to put it down to go. what's fair is fair ;)

Alice B
08-06-2017, 01:40 PM
I sit down and the seat is always down.

Bobbi46
08-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Jillian faith a good word for it in my house it was called the "Thunder Jug" Lol

Dana44
08-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Mine is always down.

Lorileah
08-06-2017, 02:50 PM
I owned a dog...seat down

Jaylyn
08-06-2017, 02:53 PM
If I don't pee out behind the barn I will be sitting down as we alway leave the seat down.... Lol

Stephanie47
08-07-2017, 10:13 AM
I use to leave the seat up many many years ago. My wife use to yell at me about it. One night our very young daughter went to use the toilet. She was small for her age. She sat down and her butt fell right in. I still hear about it from my wife. I always remember to put the seat down. At night I sit down because I do not want to turn the bathroom light on. Misdirected aim leads to consequences.

CD Tammy
08-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Not only is the seat down but the lid is down, too.

Jenn A116
08-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Agree with Tammy above - not only is the seat down, but the lid too.

Pumped
08-07-2017, 04:39 PM
My buddy resolved it that way. His wife kept insisting he put the seat down so he does the lid too. He figured she still has to make a bit of effort to use the toilet. He has been doing this for a few years and not a peep out of her.

Janine cd
08-07-2017, 09:41 PM
The seat is always down because I've never used the toilet unless I'm sitting down. I never liked peeing standing up.

Sarasometimes
08-07-2017, 10:32 PM
I just had a physical and my female PA. told me that for BPH sitting to pee makes it easier and is better for emptying ones bladder (Oddly enough, my female urologist never mentioned this when i saw her twice for this. She did prescribe a medication which I've opted not to take).
But even before this revelation I always put the seat down out of courtesy for my wife and daughter.