PDA

View Full Version : Little Encounters can make one's day

Nikki A.
08-07-2017, 06:11 PM
I usually make Sundays my Nikki day. I was dressed in a white short sleeve blouse, paisley light maxi skirt and low wedge thong sandals. Casual but nicely dressed full girl mode.
Before I went to church I stopped in at the Dunkin D drive in for a cup of coffee and was called hon by the counter girl (better than the last time when the guy said sir), maybe the make up was better LOL.
After church I was talking with some of the members about an up coming outing, and one of the ladies asked me reach up and grab some papers that were posted high up on the bulletin boards. I kidded her that I picked a bad day not to wear heels. After that all of the women asked me to grab the papers for them also.
I then went to a supermarket that I don't always go to. I realized that I needed their rewards card to get all the discounts. I went to the service counter, told the lady what I wanted. All went well until she asked for my drivers license. Hesitated for a second, but said what the hell and gave it to her. She was a real pro never said a thing and all went well, I did apologize to the people behind me for hogging the line.
After that I stopped at the local large outlet mall, stopped at the Verizon store to try to take care of an issue with my phone, also stopped at Maidenform and Hanes /Bali. The girl at Maidenform tried to help me find what I was looking for, but I could not find what I was looking for in the clearance section and I was not going to spend 40+ dollars for a bra that was more of a want than a need. I also stopped in at another store or two, At Dress Barn Woman while looking at the racks by the changing room, this lady came out with one shoe on and asked the saleslady to see if she could find the other shoe. I told her the shoe looked great on her and then she asked me what I thought of the dress she was also trying on. Should she try on a size smaller or was that one good. I told her I thought that one looked really nice, showed off her shape without showing the imperfections a smaller size might do. We then chatted a bit until the SA came back with the other shoe. It's funny how women ask for opinions and men never do. It was nice to feel like a part of the fraternity.
Long story short, it is amazing sometimes how little interactions can make ones day. Enjoy and be who you are.

Jodie_Lynn
08-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day full of positives! Congratulations!!
I am actually very surprised that your church is so accepting. I don't think many of the religious outfits in my neck of the woods would be so open. Well, the church might, but the parishioners.....?

Tracii G
08-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Those are great little things that make it so worth it.

Nikki A.
08-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day full of positives! Congratulations!!
I am actually very surprised that your church is so accepting. I don't think many of the religious outfits in my neck of the woods would be so open. Well, the church might, but the parishioners.....?

Jodie I never thought that I would find a church so close to home. But I did. I know your area is a little more conservative, but there may be a church near by that may surprise you. There are some hippie enclaves up there.

Tahoegurl
08-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Sounds like you had a great day and good experience. Cheers.

Rachael Leigh
08-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a great day Nikki, and your so right sometimes just one little nice compliment or good word can make your day.
Being out an about as we are at times can be stressful enough but it's always worth it

Jodie_Lynn
08-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Believe it or not, there is actually a pagan temple not too far from me, that is run by a TS MtF Priestess. The residents there are also all in varying stages of transition!

kimdl93
08-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Actually, I would guess that you're an honorary member of the sorority :O