PDA

View Full Version : Church

Marti :)
08-08-2017, 06:36 AM
I live in the South and would like to find a church that accepts cd' s. If anyone knows of any that I could check out it would be appreciated.

Laura912
08-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Check out some of the churches in Asheville. That will still be a bit of a drive for you.

rachael.davis
08-08-2017, 06:52 AM
http://www.welcomingresources.org/northcarolina.htm
listing of accepting concregations - Unitarians are always open

Krisi
08-08-2017, 07:25 AM
I live in the South and would like to find a church that accepts cd' s. If anyone knows of any that I could check out it would be appreciated.

Here's a suggestion:

Go on the Internet and look up all the churches in your area. Call each and ask to speak with the pastor. Explain what you've explained to us and ask what the church's policy is. Some churches have websites and the information might be on the website as well. They won't say "CD friendly, they will say something like "Worship for all."

sherri
08-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Metropolitan and Unitarian churches are a safe bet.

Nikki A.
08-08-2017, 02:02 PM
I'll second the Metropolitan (aka MCC) church. First church Nikki went to.

Lana Mae
08-08-2017, 02:53 PM
I agree with Krisi! United Church of Christ (UCC) is accepting, Methodist's are still trying to make up their mind! Many individual churches accept without larger organization approval! You need to ask! Hugs and good luck! Lana Mae

Jeri Ann
08-08-2017, 07:01 PM
I have been going to a MCC church in Houston for the past four Sundays. Although, not what I have been accustomed to, it has been good for me. Worship and fellowship are important to me and I get to do both there. I have made friends already and have been invited to several activities. You will be welcome at MCC.

Jeri

Nikki A.
08-08-2017, 08:21 PM
From what I understand UCC organizationally is still up in the air. But I am attending a UCC church and they have been fantastic.

Krisi
08-09-2017, 08:48 AM
It seems strange to me that all these churches are teaching from the same Bible, yet some will send you to hell for crossdressing and others welcome you with open arms.

It also seems a bit strange to "shop" for a church that teaches what you already believe.

Nikki A.
08-09-2017, 09:43 AM
You're not "shopping" for a church, but rather looking for a congregation that you feel comfortable with and that will accept you for who you are or want to be.
Most churches all basically preach the same thing, it is the people not the organization that counts.