PDA

View Full Version : Wishing to live in a CD Community.

Allison Chaynes
08-09-2017, 05:20 PM
I know the topic has been probably brought up... but I just moved up to middle/east TN and we're living in a lake community. Since mother in law is out of town and kids are back in school, I thought, hey, we have a lot of privacy from the road and the neighboring properties, why not some Allison time? So, I sat at the dock in a khaki skort and V neck t shirt, just watching fish, when I hear a boat coming around the previously tranquil and quiet lake. That's my cue to go back to the house... and all I could think was how wonderful it would be if we had a CD community somewhere beautiful like this and didn't have to worry about John Q Redneck, Old Lady Knowitall, and Methhead Ferguson...

karenph
08-09-2017, 05:39 PM
what a lovely thought Allison, that would be so wonderful.

Tracii G
08-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Methboy won't be there for long so the only one to worry about is Old Lady Knowitall.
John Q Redneck is not a problem.

suzanne
08-09-2017, 05:55 PM
I understand your desire for a place we can be safe, but I respectfully disagree. I think it's better for us to learn about living in the real world, while at the same time teaching it a thing or two. Once word gets out in the real world there's a place for us to concentrate, there will be some who demand that we go there and leave the rest of them alone. Such places tend to be referred to as ghettos. It didn't work in the US where and when it was the practice, and it didn't work well in Europe in the 1940'store.

BettyMorgan
08-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Suzanne is right about living in the real world - we need to be seen. And seen as regular people. However, I recall watching a short documentary about a community of crossdressers from the UK who meet up to camp (or caravan as they call it) together. Maybe it's a different way to help some people who can't be out to the world.

Here's some info. https://www.nowness.com/story/tim-richmond-hey-ladies-transvestite-camp?utm_source=yt&utm_medium=SM&utm_campaign=yt40915

NicoleScott
08-09-2017, 08:25 PM
If you want to be seen, stay in the real world. If you don't want to be seen, maybe a crossdresser community works for you. Choice is good.
I'd call it an enclave, not a ghetto.

Nikki A.
08-09-2017, 08:25 PM
I always thought that it would be nice to have such a community. I recently have also come to agree with Suzanne that it is a lot better to live in the real world and become a part of it. It would be boring to be all alike.

Rachael Leigh
08-09-2017, 08:45 PM
I agree with others here I don't care for segregation it was tried and well we know how that turned out.
We are real people with real lives and we should not be hiding, that's what these folks who propose bathroom bills want
for us to hide, no thank you

Tracy Irving
08-09-2017, 08:47 PM
I hail from one of the most segregated cities in America.

How about less, not more, segregation?

Suzie Petersen
08-09-2017, 08:49 PM
That feeling, at least for a few days, can had by going to one of the conventions.
It is is certainly not a "life", but it is a "moment.

- Suzie

Kelly DeWinter
08-09-2017, 08:49 PM
There are a number of cities that have vibrant, healthy TG community. Baltimore , San Francisco, Soho NY, I believe Houston Texas has an over 55 TG community.

CallmeAlice
08-09-2017, 09:11 PM
I think it would be nice to have something to that effect where crossdressers to go and meet up, kinda like here but irl

Ineke Vashon
08-09-2017, 09:41 PM
High heels on gravel and grass, kinda scary. 'Ghetto' has an unpleasant taste to it. If a small, separate village happens to embrace such a community, why not. Beautiful countryside.

Ineke

Jodie_Lynn
08-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Perhaps an all inclusive resort, for and by TG's & CD's? Built near a friendly town or city, you could spend all your time at the resort, or takes trips to the city, with other girls. We could call it "Transy World" :)

mechamoose
08-09-2017, 10:18 PM
Come up to Massachusetts.

While we have a HUGE gay community up here, even *without* Provincetown, one could be all sparkles and sequins and you would not raise an eyebrow. At least within an hour's drive of Boston.

Tennessee? PTFTHP..

- MM

faltenrock
08-10-2017, 02:00 AM
I don't think we need a CD community to feel free and dress in public. I know a lot of us are afraid what could happen out there. I've been going out for many years many times and never had any issue.
Just get some confidence and courage to do so, you'll love it.

Bobbi46
08-10-2017, 07:06 AM
What we need and it has been said many times before is total acceptance right across the spectrum of everybody outside of our community, if we had that we would not need a cd community but a holiday resort maybe in the Hawaiian islands, now that would be something to dream about.

Kate Simmons
08-10-2017, 07:41 AM
Living in a world where everyone would appreciate everyone else for who they really are would be wonderful. :battingeyelashes::)

Krisi
08-10-2017, 07:45 AM
For all you know, "John Q Redneck" could be a crossdresser himself. It's been said already but many major cities have sections where being "unusual" is accepted or even embraced. The problem is, your wife and children may not want to live in those parts of town.

It's best to just learn to live in the real world because you really have little choice.

NitaCD
08-10-2017, 08:13 AM
I like your "Transy World" idea Jodie_Lynn. Kind of like the best of both worlds where you are able to choose what suits you best. I have often thought that a vacation to an all inclusive TG/CD resort would be nice. Next to a friendly town or city would definitely be a plus. Now, where is this paradise located?

Jaylyn
08-10-2017, 08:22 AM
I have often thought about this, I even suggested it once but not many responded. I grew up on a ranch that was close to two thousand acres roughly around two sections of of land. We had large cliffs, streams, and a lot of trees that even were probably there when the Apache Indians roamed and had encampments there. Before it was divided between me and siblings it would have been the perfect place for a CD get away. We could have called it "Dudeettes" dude ranch. It has a nice reek running thru it many bluffs of tall rocks and some beautiful photo opportunities for the CD and nature to blend.
I dreamed that I could have a vacation type getaway, have horse back rides, ( side saddle of course for the real cowgirl in us) and even have barn dances and etc. I thought it could have been a money maker to have a weeks long of activities complete with makeovers, a dress shop, and even an old saloon/ club where we all could just hang out. The dream was shattered when the place was divided up and parts were sold off by siblings, oil companies yards and farming leases.
I ended up with a nice little farm but nothing like the vision I had. Dreams are just that in our reality especially in West Texas. Now that I'm older and starting to slow down some I'm realizing I'll never be out and about dressed and the girl inside feelings of dressing is just a part of me that has to be hidden away to the confinements of my mind and own house. With my body I'd never pass so I hide and dabble with my lipstick pretending to be pretty while enjoying the feelings of the smooth nylons, heels and etc. inside my house John QRedneck leaves me alone. Sorry about the rambling and reminiscing.

Jean. Ann
08-10-2017, 08:39 AM
What I would like is a place where you could dress and feel
safe , accepted . Yet still be able to mix and mingle with the
public in safety . Sort of a " fantasy Island " for CD ers

JAS

Rachael Leigh
08-10-2017, 08:44 AM
There already is an accepting community and place where you can be you it's called Las Vegas, at least I've found it so.
Not only that it's right out your front door if you just go

ClosetED
08-10-2017, 11:27 AM
I have not been there, but I have heard Provincetown MA is very accepting of all lifestyles.
Hugs, Ellen

Alice Torn
08-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Other than our dressing thing, we often are not much different than anyone else, and we will have big disagreements, among CDers, too, on many things., Human nature.

Sarah Doepner
08-10-2017, 02:18 PM
There already is an accepting community and place where you can be you it's called Las Vegas, at least I've found it so.
Not only that it's right out your front door if you just go

Vegas is my go-to place to meet up with other Trans folk, do the tourist thing either with others or alone, shop for groceries, get a watch battery or sit on a bench and sip on a coffee while the world goes by. In between those trips there are Pride Festivals and possibly a growing awareness on the part of the general public that we aren't a danger, regardless of what some conservative politicians and religious leaders try to tell everyone. You may find that dock already exists, right where you were sitting.

Jean 103
08-11-2017, 02:40 PM
I agree with Suzanne , living in the real world is where it is at. Being with other transgender people is ok but i perfer to be on my own. I have found people to be very accepting i have made many friends, live as Jean a transgender person. Its about personal relationships, getting to know them and letting them get to know me. I frequent a local dive bar where everyone knows my name. This is my go to place anytime I'm felling a little off or just want to have fun.

Krisi
08-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Vegas is my go-to place to meet up with other Trans folk, .............. .Fine but what about the crossdressers?

Jean 103
08-11-2017, 03:34 PM
There is Diva Las Vegas in the spring.

Jean. Ann
08-11-2017, 07:34 PM
I have found Euerka Springs , Arkansas to be such a place .
I have been there week at a time with no problems
I am sure there are other places .

JAS

Amelie
08-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Ha ha, no freakin' way would I want to live in any community for a specific type of person. Not a cd, not a trans not a goth community. I don't even want to live in a mixed community, I stay away from people as much as I can.

CynthiaD
08-12-2017, 10:14 AM
To the OP: maybe you're already there and don't realize it. The idea of a separate community is based on the idea that we're different from other people, that we need to hide our differences, and that we need to band together against, or away from the rest of the world. My own experiences suggest that none of this is true. I have one or two fully en femme outings every week. Sometimes more. I go anywhere I want. (I don't go to bars because I'm a recovering alcoholic.) I go to the mall, to the grocery store, to restaurants, to clothing stores, shoe stores, and everywhere else imaginable. I've been to many cities and towns, en femme, all across the country. I've been places en femme where I was required to give my legal name, or show my (male) ID. I've interacted with all sorts of people, men, women, and even the occasional red-neck. I have had zero problems. Zero.

We're not different. We are ordinary people. We are a legitimate variation on that common theme known as "humanity." Yes, I was apprehensive my first few times out, but that feeling passes quickly. The world is our enclave, and there is no reason we can't live in it like everyone else.

Jane G
08-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Allison I am 100% with you. It may indeed just be my own perception of the world around me, but I just don't feel like the the very fine folk around these parts would accept me as Jane.

Aunt Kelly
08-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Jane,
You've mentioned in another post that because of your stature you "could never pass". That's probably true, and at your height, it would be a challenged to just "blend". Welcome to the club.
You should not assume, however, that you will not be accepted. Confidence and a pleasant smile have a way of disarming all but the most hateful idiots. There's no hope for them anyway, and fortunately they're few and far between, so get out there and enjoy yourself. It really i