PDA

View Full Version : Women probably think we are mad

susan54
08-10-2017, 07:46 AM
When I come home, I cast of my (mainly) male clothes, shower, then put on a bra, hose, heels and a dress, complete with jewellery including clip-on earrings. Women relish taking this stuff off on their return home. I spend most of my time in womenswear, and it is never any form of trousers - and I always wear a nightdress, never pyjamas. I own more skirts and dresses than most women and spend more time in them than most women. I avoid any form of loungewear or leggings. On the other hand I do not resort, as many women do, to shapewear - too restricting. Of the 168 hours in a week, I spend about 140 in some form of skirt, dress or nightdress - I wonder how many women could say that, or would want to.

Linda E. Woodworth
08-10-2017, 07:51 AM
I agree with your title as my wife just shakes her head some times at my dressing.

Yes, she wants to throw that stuff off and get into sweats when I'm running around in hose and heels.

However; to play devils advocate what do most men do if they have to dress up for the office. First thing when they come home is off with the coat and tie and into some comfortable slacks and a polo shirt?

I think part of it has to do with crossdressers being fascinated by the clothing and therefore wanting to wear it as much and often as possible.

Krisi
08-10-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm assuming by "mad", you mean insane, not angry.

Yes, many women take off their dress clothes and put on something more casual, just like a man would if he went to work in a coat and tie. And if you are prancing around the house in heels and full makeup, I can see a woman thinking you are insane.

Personally, I have settled into a routine where I dress more casually but still not as casual as my wife for around the house. It works for me.

Elizabeth G
08-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Yup, my wife has asked me, regarding her bra, "why would you ever WANT to wear one of these?" Which has led to all kinds of discussions of mental versus physical comfort etc...

Tracy Irving
08-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Coming home on any given holiday, the first thing I do is take off the monkey suit and get confortable. The same can be said of the women in our lives. Changing from a suit to a skirt or dress might be our interpretation of what comfort means.

NancySue
08-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Yes...my wonderful accepting helpful wife's favorite comment for years is, with a smile and a head shake, "when you get home, you can't wait to put on, what I can't wait to take off". 😉. I love hose, heels, panties..always..am and pm, underwire bras, shapewear/pads, etc. I do appreciate her great sense of humor. 💁

JocelynJames
08-10-2017, 08:56 AM
I always get the" look at you , looking like a million dollars and then there is me. " I tell her that she needs no help to exceed a million and I need all the help I can get. I once got the "why pantyhose - it's summer" to which I reply it has nothing to do with the season, they feel great. I'm playing a part and want to be the best I can

Tracii G
08-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Sounds like you have a womens clothes fetish Susan 54 and are stuck in the 1950's.
I assume you are a closeted crossdresser?

jack-ie
08-10-2017, 09:19 AM
During my married years, I also changed into something femme every evening but usually something more comfy. My wife didn't think me mad. In fact, if I didn't change, she would ask if something was wrong. If I did the hose, heels and a dress thing, I always did full makeup. When casual just light makeup, maybe shorts and a halter top for the girls. We both worked and it was time for us to relax and just be girlfriends for a few hours.

Aemilie
08-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Well my wife doesn't think I'm mad but I don't really do the overdressed look either, however I'm pretty lazy so when I get home it's shower shave and into something girly and comfy like a low cut tee and shorts, or a cami top with a skirt, but my crossdressing has progressed from me freaking out about it while dressed for an hour or so every couple of days to everyday at home as I've become more accepting of it all, my wife says I seem happier now, but I don't remember being unhappy before she found out, but no she doesn't think I'm mad just happier.

Robertacd
08-10-2017, 01:53 PM
It only seems like madness to them because they "have to" and we "want to".

Alice Torn
08-10-2017, 01:54 PM
I cannot imagine how that would feel, being single and without a SO or wife all my 63 years. I say to myself sometimes, though, why the heck am i doing this? I must be part insane, or all insane!

Tahoegurl
08-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Funny about the bra comments, my wife says the same thing...and when I go to take it off she adds now you know how I feel...but the truth is that I find the feel and fit of women's clothing to be better then mens.

Sarah Doepner
08-10-2017, 02:25 PM
I just think the need for mental comfort trumps the need for physical comfort. However, I can tell you I find quite a bit of physical comfort in a stretchy bra, girly cotton top, cotton skirt with a wide soft elastic waistband and sandals. It's not really that difficult to find something that satisfies both the body and the spirit.

sara66
08-10-2017, 03:17 PM
My wife still thinks its weird that I like pantyhose and bras. She says they are too hot and uncomfortable. Never mind my preference for heels. I have a friend who laughs because I have more heel and dresses then she does. My sister use to never leave the house with out makeup, heel and stockings of some sort. I think she would still if she didn't have some health issues.
Sara

Tracii G
08-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Pantyhose and bras are the main thing I hate about dressing.
Hot and uncomfortable in the summer and itchy in the winter.
I think a lot of you ladies overdo the bra and panties makes you feel womanly thing.
Seems like you are over compensating because you actually aren't women.
I don't get it but if you do its all good.
First thing I do when I get home is ditch the bra ASAP then the pantyhose soon after.

Amanda Park
08-10-2017, 07:39 PM
My wife always asks me why crossdressers prefer to wear dresses, skirts, heels, bras, hose, makeup etc.. She says that the majority of woman avoid these items unless they're getting dressed up for a special occasion. I tell her that its way more fun and feels more feminine than putting on just jeans or leggings and a top. I have also told her that many on the forum like to underdress when they have the opportunity. I enjoy this myself when I don't have time to do more. She just smiles and shakes her head.

alwayshave
08-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Perhaps women do think we're mad, don't care. I love the feel and find it so comfortable.

susan54
08-10-2017, 09:40 PM
I suppose I am in the closet but I do go out dressed. It is not to feel like a woman,, because I don't. I like the feel of the clothes and putting a nice outfit together. No wig or makeup at home except occasional lipstick. The slip and the sheer tights are not a 1950s fetish - I wear them because I like the sensation. If I was truly fixated on the 1950s I would wear stockings and a roll on. I know a lot of women hate tights but not all do. I am just struck by how most women avoid wearing stuff like this when they can and we do the opposite. I am repeatedly amazed by the number of women wearing trousers on very hot days. I recall being in a hot meeting room all morning in trousers and then changing into a skirt (with bare legs this time) and the improvement in comfort was massive. When I go out I don't dress to blend in I dress to impress and the feedback is wonderful. I know not all of us take this approach, let alone all women, but I grew up with a mother who really knew what she was doing with clothes and this has obviously had an impact on me. I realise I also emulate her poise. Any Freudians reading this can take a hike!

Dana44
08-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Really, naw, they don't think we are crazy. But yes we do overdress and when I dress up to out. MY SO does also. But nightwear in he summer, nope but winter yes. It is august here and the heat is over 100 degrees and heat index for tomorrow for instance is 109 degrees. So no sleepwear is ever required in the summer here. It is hard enough just to keep the temperature down. SO we sleep in the nude mostly.

JenniferMBlack
08-11-2017, 03:27 AM
Normally I would agree with you on this but after 13 hours I am now happy to be taking them off. So I guess it is all about prospective and how long you have had them on.

Fiona123
08-11-2017, 05:10 AM
Changing to feminine clothes may or may not bring physical comfort but does make me feel authentic.

Krisi
08-11-2017, 08:57 AM
The reason I wear a bra is not for comfort, but to hold my breast forms in place. Practical, that's all. If I had actual breasts I might leave the bra off when relaxing.

Panties and butt/hip enhancer, same idea. I have trouble feeling like a woman with my penis flopping around between my legs. If I didn't have it, I might leave that off when relaxing.

Wig - without the wig, I'm a man in a dress. I could probably grow my hair out but I have reasons not to.

RADER
08-11-2017, 11:00 AM
When my wife and I came home from work, she would ask me to un-do her bra;
And in return she would fasten my bra.
After all, some one has to wear a bra in the house.
Rader

Robertacd
08-11-2017, 11:45 AM
LOL Rader, my wife and I often do that. My wife has actually said more than once, "At least one of us should be wearing a bra." And even used it against me, One morning she mentioned she would like to go out to get coffee and a bagel. Then sighed and said "But then I would have to put on a bra. You are already wearing a bra, so you can go".

alesha
08-11-2017, 01:26 PM
And even used it against me, One morning she mentioned she would like to go out to get coffee and a bagel. Then sighed and said "But then I would have to put on a bra. You are already wearing a bra, so you can go".
LOL!! Too funny!

My wife always asks me why crossdressers prefer to wear dresses, skirts, heels, bras, hose, makeup etc.. She says that the majority of woman avoid these items unless they're getting dressed up for a special occasion.
I would argue that that's precisely the reason why we do it. We don't often get a chance to dress up in women's clothing so any chance we get is a special occasion.

ellbee
08-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Heels used to be the killer for me. Chilling out at home while wearing them for a few hours is one thing... But out & about for 10-12 hours in those things, standing & walking on pavement, sidewalks, tile floors, whatever? Yeah, they're coming off ASAP once I get home.

Switching to flats was a must, for me. And the look wasn't that bad, as I don't have long feet. Plus, decreased height = increased shot at passibility, IMO.

I don't mind dresses/skirts/pantyhose/tights. Though I stopped wearing pantyhose, because it's not very cost-conscious... Tights last waaaay longer. But I've been shifting away from all that stuff. (Leggings are where it's at! :thumbsup: )

I no longer wear bras. I don't wear any kind of fake boobs these days, so it became more of a non-functional thing. I had a sports bra, which I loved for a while, especially the hugging sensation... But the novelty eventually wore off, and even started finding myself uncomfortable in it after a few hours. Ditched 'em.

So, yeah: I partially agree with the GG's on all this.

One thing they *don't* think I'm crazy/mad for? Wearing yoga pants/leggings/running tights. Insanely comfy. Great look. Lots of fun. Easy & versatile.

They ain't stupid for loving them -- and neither am I! :D

sometimes_miss
08-11-2017, 02:58 PM
I made the mistake one day of saying, "Well, if I can find a comfortable bra, it sort of begs the question, why can't you?" Needless to say, that didn't go over very well. Didn't help that she always wore a band size probably two sizes too small. I could never quite figure out why someone with a set of perfect A cups needed to wear something so tight.

But yeah, women think we are nuts. But at least they don't usually try to beat us to death, like some of the men who think we are nuts.

Robertacd
08-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Sometimes_misd I think it is like some women don't want to admit that they have gained weight. So they keep buying the bra size they wore in hihg school.

I have seen men doing the same thing with jeans. Wearing obviously too small jeans with a huge belly hanging over them. Probably proud that they can still wear the same size as they wore in high school.

ricki4678
08-13-2017, 08:21 AM
I wonder how many women could say that, or would want to.
There are likely F2M crossdressers that would say the same

Rachelakld
08-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Mad?
I tell my kids "crazy, but in a nice way"

I'm with the wives, comfort all the way - stocking/pantyhose only if it's really cold, wig off at the gym, wife & I both have comfortable bras, heels only if it's formal, no undies if the skirt allows

docrobbysherry
08-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Why guess? If u want to know what women think, ask them! I've yet to meet one that wasn't willing to give me a piece of her mind!:heehee:

jeanine38
08-14-2017, 06:09 PM
My female friends who are aware of what I do all think I'm insane for wearing a bra voluntarily. They all say they wish they didn't have to wear them.

nikkiwindsor
08-14-2017, 06:33 PM
My wife hates dresses and she's definitely not into makeup either...and I'm the exact opposite - it perplexes her that I like to be dressed up :)

Scarlett398
08-15-2017, 12:08 AM
I just love every single thing about cross dressing! Everything I put on from the stretch lace panties, to the shape wear, the bras (I only have and need three and they are all top of the line Amerielle bras from JC Penney's which are extremely comfortable), to the hose, heels, boots, booties, makeup, wigs (I have four but only wear mainly one of them) is extremely comfortable and extremely sexy and sensual feeling on my body!

There's only one thing I really don't like about getting my total girl on as Scarlett and that's taking that darn nail polish off when it's time to clean up and get back to just being a handsome guy/husband!

Nothing I wear from top to bottom is comfortable. I thought those pointy toed high heels were going to be uncomfortable until I bought my first pair and found out that I might even be able to run a 100 yard dash in them! I really don't have anything I put on that I can't wait to take off. I love wearing all of my Scarlett stuff! And it's all so comfy to me.

Can't wait each time to get my girly time on as Scarlett! Wish I had the time to do it at least twice a week!

XOXOXO Scarlett :2c:

- - - Updated - - -

Nikki, my wife actually loves to get her total girl on! I rarely ever see her without some or all of her makeup on. The only time I see her without some makeup on is when she gets out of her jet bathtub. She likes to look pretty all of the time and I like to look handsome when she's around and like to look really pretty and sexy when she's not around! She doesn't like me in Scarlett mode when she's home and I'm just fine with that. I think I would actually feel a bit awkward dressed up as Scarlett when she's around and I think she would feel awkward too. She wants me to be handsome me instead of pretty, sexy me when she's with me. I think it's like that with a lot of us straight married cross dressers based on my readings on this site!

Love ya Nikki and those last photos I saw of you in that hot navy blue dress were dreamy!

XOXOXO Scarlett :daydreaming:

- - - Updated - - -

I think you hit the nail on the head, Roberta. And it one really short sentence! Well done girl friend! XOXOXO Scarlett :love: