PDA

View Full Version : Gina and Terri go out

GinaSkirt
08-11-2017, 08:18 AM
Hello to everyone. I have enjoyed reading everyone's post. Your advice and stories have been encouraging. My wife found out about my enjoying skirts and dresses about a year ago. At first it wasn't good. Then we talked and I admitted I loved feminine clothes. Getting over that fear of rejection was huge, but refreshing to be honest of who I am. After a while she even bought me some clothes. There is more to this end of my adventure but I will get to last night.
We had planned a vacation and shortly before going we decided this would be a good time for Gina to go public. The plan was to go into girl mode on Friday. We got a lot further on Wed. then planned. Thurs. we finished up our 1st stop early. To my surprise my wife suggested we dress up have some girl time shopping and get dinner. My wife did my makeup, I am blessed to have my wife.
Yes we both had some nerves at first. First stop Kohl's I needed something to go with a pretty pink skirt we had gotten earlier! I am 6'2" plus 3" wedges so expecting to get some looks. Did get one or two but think it was more due to height. The cashier asked how us "ladies" were? Wow, that felt good first time called a lady. It was getting late so just went to KFC again nothing big but called a lady and ma'am again. The wife even took a couple pics of me. I still definitely need to work on the voice.
We have decided to go ladies trip for the remainder of the trip. The nervousness is now replaced by looking forward to our trip and time together. Nothing but pretty skirts, dresses, and night gowns for four days. Have to say I will not miss my man clothes.
I hope this story encourages to be open and honest in conversation with your SO and while natural to nervous at first it is facing our fears while being who We are makes us better people. We will be visiting 3 or 4 states. I can let you know how it goes.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserve body... It's rather to slide in sideways yelling holy cow what a ride!!!"

Rachael Leigh
08-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Gina what a beautiful story, it's great you can share this with your wife. Not many here can say that. Can't wait to hear and
see more
Rachael Leigh

Tracii G
08-11-2017, 08:46 AM
You sure have a great wife Gina.

JocelynJames
08-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Way cool Gina! Sounds like fun and I hope to do the same with my wife sometime soon

Lana Mae
08-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Sounds great, Gina! You have a great wife! Enjoy!! Hugs Lana Mae

Pat
08-11-2017, 10:34 AM
Congratulations! I'm always so happy to hear about couples who can navigate this. I think showing stable relationships does more for the normalization of transgender folks than anything else we can do. Not that it's your job to move us all forward, it's just that simply by being, you do. ;) I hope you have a great vacation -- post pictures and stories when you get back. (For some reason I'm assuming you haven't gone yet.)

Tahoegurl
08-11-2017, 11:28 AM
How awesome to Have girl time with your wife. I hope you have a great vacation.

Aunt Kelly
08-11-2017, 08:28 PM
I never get tired of that... "What'll it be, ladies?" question.
You be good to that wonderful wife of yours, Gina. She is, literally, one in a million.

Hugs,

Kelly

alwayshave
08-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Gina, sounds like a great time.

Tracy Irving
08-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Have fun and keep us updated on how the vacation is going.

GinaSkirt
08-12-2017, 11:39 AM
My wife and I have continued are trip. Both now feeling comfortable with Gina in public. As many posted have come to realize people either don't pay much attention or don't care. We have been to KY, OH and now Indiana. Still being 6'2" with wedges does draw attention. While eating lunch one man in a very rural area in overalls came up and asked about my height. At first must admit a little terror ran though us thinking here it comes. Instead we talked and laughed. Still working on my voice but it was okay. I also had to use restroom and choose ladies, it was single stall, so not to draw attention again a little nervous as this was a first. The trip is going great with a lot of firsts. Oh yes Gina checked in hotel with my man ID lady, at front desk did take second look but still no response.
After dinner last night we went on walk through a canal area. It was a nice night and people all about. I even got to wear my pink skirt!! Loved the look of pink nails and all. Think my wife had pink envy lol.
I am still amazed and happy how I can be Gina out. Tonight will be a big test as we are going to a show with 20,000 people our tickets are in the center section. My wife loves the sassy girl pic she took best.
I am liking the night gowns to sleep in to sooooo comfortable.
Thank Everyone For You Support.

Stacy Darling
08-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Gina appears to be travelling quite nicely!

Love the pinkish red skirt!

Stacy!

Dana44
08-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Sound like nice trip. You should not have any trouble with 20,000 people. Lost in the crowd and you will blend in.

Pat
08-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Cool! I'm so glad you're having a great time.

Keep in mind that there are tall women in the world. There aren't a lot of features that men have the women *don't* have. Lately I've been listing my "problems" (tall, inverted triangle body shape, hooded eyes, square face, etc) and looking on YouTube for fashion advice for women who have the same features. It helps me understand my issues aren't unique and women already have strategies for dealing with them and I can use those same strategies. It helps.

Elizabeth G
08-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Hi Gina,

Sounds exciting! I'm so glad it's going so well for you. Perhaps someday my wife and I will get to that point.

Elizabeth

GinaSkirt
08-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Thank you all. Great advice, Dana thank you awesome commment.

karenph
08-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Gina sounds like a great vacation with an awesome wife! Thanks for sharing.

Territx
08-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Congratulations on being able to do this trip! I know I will never get to experience anything like it and am very envious!

GinaSkirt
08-16-2017, 09:36 AM
The vacation is over. 5 states TN, KY, OH, IN and GA. Everyone we meet were nice and some complimenting. We went shopping and got some nice things to add to my wardrobe. Another pink skirt, pink blouse, and pink pants okay got some not pink too lol. Sorry pink is my wife and my favorite color. Had to go grocery shopping couldn't help but wear the pants and blouse. Wife had fun with her girlfriend and even missed her when I went back to make mode. It went a long way in her accepting Gina and knowing I am still the same person but free to show my feminine side and understand how I just feel comfortable in women's clothes. I wish more spouse's would give us a chance and see we are still good people.