PDA

View Full Version : Too feminine

Terri Semes
08-12-2017, 08:25 AM
Sometimes I find myself looking at certain women's clothing , and think that is just too feminine for me , then I think it is supposed to be , because it is made for a woman , and that is the reason I am looking at it and considering it on me and that is ok .
Do any others have this thought on occasions .?

GretchenJ
08-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Hi Terri,

Initially yes, as my brain would come to grips as to the resultant vision I was seeing in the mirror. Over time though, that feeling subsided somewhat and now instead of that, it hads become more of an age appropriate thoughts

Ariana225
08-12-2017, 08:32 AM
I don't think I have that problem. I purposely will choose the most feminine piece of clothing in a line of similar clothes. My wife has regular panties without lace or bows, but I want the ones with lace and bows haha

Pat
08-12-2017, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I still get that from time-to-time. I think I feel I don't have a membership card to the girl's club and feel I'm pushing a limit. If it's important to you, over time the self-imposed restriction will relax. ;)

Nikki A.
08-12-2017, 08:52 AM
I don't feel that something may be too feminine for me to wear. To me it is more important, that something fits well and looks good on me.
I would love an off the shoulder cocktail dress or gown, low cut back and figure hugging. But there is no way I can pull it off and besides I really have nowhere to wear it.

ClosetED
08-12-2017, 08:53 AM
I always like feminine, but it may be too sexual, too age inappropriate, etc. I don't go out in public too often, so too feminine is not an issue.
Hugs, Ellen

Jean 103
08-12-2017, 09:00 AM
A bit. Mostly first it's do I like it, then how will it look and fit on me.

Stacy Darling
08-12-2017, 09:00 AM
I struggle with feminine fashion as to me it is 98% not worth a look!

With us all having our separate tastes & styles I'm sure to look at different styles and think that they were not for me.
But then I'm the chick who'd prefer to be in a floral skirt and flip flops, and not black lace!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a very pretty and confident woman which doesn't go for things such as chiffon, taffeta or lace!

Our personal taste is our own!

Stacy!

CynthiaD
08-12-2017, 09:42 AM
There's this one wig I own that I love but seldom wear because it's too intensely feminine. I think of myself more as a country girl.

DIANEF
08-12-2017, 10:09 AM
I don't think anything is 'too feminine', but I do look at what women wear all the time, some items I would consider for myself, others I wouldn't. It all comes down to personal choice.

Robertacd
08-12-2017, 10:18 AM
The only time I worry about anything looking too girlie is when I am buying for stealth mode.

Rachael Leigh
08-12-2017, 10:21 AM
That's what draws me to many styles is that they are feminine, I love feminine styles especially tops and even cute tee shirts

Stephanie47
08-12-2017, 10:25 AM
At my age it's "age appropriate" clothing for time and place. I have never owned or wore anything that is not a dress when it comes to women's clothing. Maybe that can be attributed to being raised in the 1950's and 1960's when women I knew only wore dresses. Pants were frowned upon. I always described it as the "June Cleaver" look. It's always a pretty dress with proper undergarments to include a slip, bra, panty and hosiery. For me women's jeans and slacks are too masculine.

Jane G
08-12-2017, 10:52 AM
I tend to love girly things. Whether they love or suit me is another question.:heehee:

GinaSkirt
08-12-2017, 11:02 AM
I love short skirts but not 21 any more. Wish I had been more able to accept liking women's clothes then, but happy ☺where I am now.

Lana Mae
08-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Too, feminine? I agree with others-too sexy, not age appropriate! Too feminine-like my lilac dress with lace sleeves and bodice! Plain Jane most of the time but like some lace! I also have some jeans with embroidery! I like feminine just not over the top! Hugs Lana Mae

Alice Torn
08-12-2017, 11:38 AM
I have an aversion to thong wear, will never own them. I no longer buy mini skirts or super short dresses. A few inches above the knee are as high as i go now.

Ressie
08-12-2017, 12:42 PM
I love all kinds of female fashions, but that doesn't mean I have the figure to pull off wearing them.

Dana44
08-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Actually age appropriate clothes are pretty good. Take a look from the 20's, 30' forty''s, fifty and sixty clothes for women. I would say the sixty clothes are fabulous and look the best of all the girls.. except the young ones.

ricki4678
08-12-2017, 02:46 PM
I wear female apparel that matches up with my female psychology. I think we all instinctively know what we like in clothing. I buy things that match my personality. I buy and wear clothing that match who I am NOT who I want to be. Hope that makes sense

Brenda Freeman
08-12-2017, 02:52 PM
I suppose there is quite a range in what people view as feminine. I dress mostly at home and have some very frilly lace feminine things and some basic skirts and tops. I enjoy the options and dress according to how I am feeling that day. Have fun!

Teresa
08-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Terri,
Yes some clothes do appear more feminine, and there are second thoughts of should I or shouldn't I ? Women have the same problem ,how often have you heard that they wouldn't be seen dead in certain outfits.

I do have to smile sometimes when I show pictures of clothes I've worn out and GGs have replied you have more confidence than me for going out wearing that outfit.

It all depends on you wanting to be the centre of attention or just to blend in I find I pitch my look between the two .I guess dressing in drab for so long makes me want to be a little OTT.

RADER
08-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Not all clothes are made to fit everyone's taste. Each like what they like.
For myself, I like longer skirts/dresses. If I where a teen-age again, I might go for the
real short stuff, so I am glad they make some of each.
You wear what ever you are comfortable wearing.
Rader

Tracii G
08-12-2017, 05:20 PM
I really don't give it much thought I buy what I like.
I have a couple of skirts with lace at the hem some lace tops but some might call the too feminine for the regular me LOL.
Plus They are all a few sizes to small ATM.
I'm a simple dresser or a more casual dresser and all the super femme stuff looks awful on me.
Its cute/ pretty and I love it but not on me.

BLUE ORCHID
08-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Hi Terri:hugs:, That's what this program is all about, Looking very feminine...:daydreaming:...

lingerieLiz
08-12-2017, 10:55 PM
I'm in the age appropriate age. Back in my youth it was pretty dresses and skirts. I loved wearing nice women's suits. My sisters were off and married so I garnered their left behinds. Both had real fem clothes. I also liked crepe nylon dresses.

Tania75
08-13-2017, 12:49 AM
I'm in the age appropriate age as well, however at 55, I still feel I can do the things I could do in my 20's, but somehow, the next day the body says "no way, never again". I'm sure the same is for fashion, be it male or female. I don't want to be wearing old peoples fashion, but young peoples fashion is so not me as well. Some brands offer classic style, which is so appropriate even if you are in your 30's or 60's. Just shop these brands and you will have an outfit for life.

Beverley Sims
08-13-2017, 05:10 AM
I have a Minnie Mouse PJ. top.
Only the wife gets to see that.

I do wear skater skirts and jeans for 16 year old girls fit me better as do the tops.
Not too feminine though.
Frilly and taffeta is for a party or cocktail night.

Jillian Faith
08-13-2017, 05:31 AM
I've never worried if something was too feminine after all feminine is what I strive to project when I'm enfemme. At 58 I do consider if an item is age appropriate, I also consider if it is is venue/occasion/time of day appropriate. Lastly the item must be figure flattering I don't care how stylish or cute something is on someone else if it doesn't fit me well and give me a sense of feminine confidence I will not wear it.

ricki4678
08-13-2017, 07:49 AM
I also consider if it is is venue/occasion/time of day appropriate. Lastly the item must be figure flattering

Exactly... I pick over my female apparel and select what I think is right for the occasion. If it is not flattering, I will not wear it, period.

Sarasometimes
08-13-2017, 07:52 AM
Terri, I remember when I first started getting my own wardrobe and going out for the first outings picking clothes so they weren't too feminine. It was when I was really really struggling with the beginnings of self-acceptance (still tackling this elephant to this day, but getting closer). I would buy a DRESS but in a medium blue or maybe brown not pink or even more so not FLORAL! Pink and flowers are feminine, what i someone sees me..DUH you are in a DRESS! This now sound very silly but it made sense to me back then.
I think many here have gone through this as well. Now I almost do the opposite, but age appropriately and go for the more feminine of women's fashion when I go out fully dressed. Part of this evolution may be because I do regularly wear PLAIN black women's panties, PLAIN white women's socks, and PLAIN women's jeans, so when enfemme i take it much farther.
Don't sweat this stuff just enjoy the journey.

Jillian Faith
08-14-2017, 05:53 AM
Exactly... I pick over my female apparel and select what I think is right for the occasion. If it is not flattering, I will not wear it, period.

Amen Ricki

Fiona123
08-14-2017, 07:40 AM
I favor a less is more style. In an ideal world, my femininity would speak for itself and I would not need to go extra frilly just to prove something. While there is nothing wrong with frilly attire (!), it can be easy to overcompensate.

docrobbysherry
08-14-2017, 01:15 PM
I don't dress for anyone else. And, Sherry can't look too fem for me!:heehee:

Jenny22
08-14-2017, 01:36 PM
On the few occasions I've been out, and in the future, I wore age appropriate clothing. However, at home, since its for my pleasure, anything goes!

ellbee
08-14-2017, 02:24 PM
I realize this probably comes across as a sacrilege, but these days I feel like dresses are just too feminine for me. :confused3:

Don't get me wrong: I love the things & think they're awesome. But I've gotten to a point where they're really just "not me" anymore.

I didn't go too heavy into them this go-around, because I kind of already knew that in the back of my mind. I do have two short, simple, comfy ones I picked up like a year ago... Throw on some tights, and I'm good to go.

But again, they're not for me, personally. The whole concept of a dress being too femmy? Yep!

It's fine. I used to love wearing them (and skirts) back in the day, so I've certainly had my fair share & my fill.

And against an overall "backdrop," I've been gradually & increasingly moving away from feminine looks & clothing over the decades. I've found that there are other ways to explore & express the femmy side of things.

Oh, don't worry: Some of my fashion & work-out leggings can get pretty darn feminine sometimes. :devil:

However, there are quite a few things now that are simply just not for me anymore. Eh, whatever. It happens.

Krisi
08-15-2017, 07:52 AM
In real life, not all women think of themselves as "feminine". Female of course but not "feminine". If you're 6'2", 250 lb and built like Hulk Hogan, you're not going to come off as "feminine" no matter what you wear.

Sheila11
08-15-2017, 07:31 PM
I love very frilly things, but they make me too self conscience to wear in public.
Lace dresses and colors are ok but ruffles seem over the top.
I saw a woman wearing matching pink pants and top the other day and thought "that's a lot of pink".
Then I thought "it's ok. She's a woman and can wear all the pink she wants." I'd sure like to wear her outfit.

Lacy PJs
08-15-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure about "too feminine," but in some cases, I've seen things that are simply "over the top." Some of the robe & gown sets from the 50's with seemingly yards & yards of marabou trim appear over the top to me. That may also have something to do with practicality as well... I don't know for sure.

Lacy PJs

pinklilly211
08-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Well, I guess it goes both ways. When I'm home all alone I tend to go for the "Normal everyday girl look" But when I'm with my Gurlfriends It's as sezy and fem as tou can get!

- - - Updated - - -

Woops, Sorry for the Fat finger on a small keypad thing. I meant to say sexy and you!

Sometimes Steffi
08-15-2017, 09:47 PM
I'm not worried about being too feminine, nor to age-appropriate. I usually wear outfits that are not age appropriate.

But there are many overly sexual styles that I'd love to wear, but just aren't a good look for me.

When I'm buying clothes now, I look for clothes that I would wear out, not those that wouldn't be appropriate for me to wear out.

sometimes_miss
08-15-2017, 10:29 PM
The things that are too feminine, would only be the stuff that is so designed for the shape of a female body that I can't possibly wear it. Dresses designed for a wasp waist, tops/dresses with narrow sleeves for female arms, chokers for 11" necks, boots fit only for bird legs. Or the completely impractical ones, like wedding or ball gowns that would be constantly stepped on or tripped over; crinolines that would make it impossible to maneuver in close quarters. Fancy hats that would hit the doorjams. Ballet toe shoe/boots that make it impossible to walk. Oh yeah, and anything with button up backs, because I can't reach back there to get them all together. I only manage back zips by using the string and paper clip trick.

ellbee
08-15-2017, 11:11 PM
In real life, not all women think of themselves as "feminine". Female of course but not "feminine". If you're 6'2", 250 lb and built like Hulk Hogan, you're not going to come off as "feminine" no matter what you wear.

I don't believe anyone here in this thread is talking about coming across as fem to others.

We're simply talking about femmy articles of clothing -- and at best, *feeling* feminine in them (whatever that may mean to the wearer).

Sheesh, Krisi! :)

jack-ie
08-16-2017, 12:56 AM
I know a few GGs ( including my ex) that are way past the spring chicken bracket that seem able to do a mix of appealing, tasteful and, yes, sexy with their clothing. I try to emulate that look. I think to myself "Would she/they wear this outfit". It's not always an easy call. Sometimes, there's a fine line between tasteful and street corner.

NicoleScott
08-16-2017, 06:58 AM
How nice it is that we closet dressers aren't burdened by such conundrums as "too feminine". Or too anything.