PDA

View Full Version : Another Road Trip...A Great Time!

Carmen
08-12-2017, 07:55 PM
My recent road trip was relaxing, fulfilling and interesting. This was Carmen’s time away and I intended to make the most of these 3 days. My destination was less than 6 hours away and I had the luxury of taking my sweet time.
I did some shopping for this trip. In the past I would avoid outings during the heat of summer. I tend to perspire easily. I decided to deal with the heat by wearing cooler clothing and stop ‘covering’ myself up. Skinny jeans, sandals, tank tops, jean shorts, light lingerie, all clothing that most ladies wear in the summer. I also included 2 new sundresses for the evening. I certainly felt much cooler and lighter as I drove on.

I like to stop often and stretch my legs and keep alert. There is a nice big mini-mart with RV parking, one of my preferred stops. It was late afternoon with a steady warm breeze. I needed ice, (there were no ice cube trays in the RV). The store was busy, people were everywhere. Immediately my mind started going over the what-ifs…the worries…the fears…etc. I had to ask myself ‘what was I thinking?!’, I reminded myself that I looked great, I felt great, why worry? If I’m going to be a girl…then be a girl dammit!
Funny thing was, I brought no sweater or jacket, so If I had wanted to, I had nothing at all to cover myself. After many years of passing and blending, I should be far beyond any doubts or hesitation. The reason was likely because of my new wardrobe, I was showing a lot more skin than usual, I just needed to relax and be myself. Besides, people come in all shapes and styles.

Walking towards the entrance, taking my time, watching my posture, I wore sunglasses, those help with the ‘incognito’ feel of the moment. People pass by, the women look, smile then look away. The guys look and the eyes go up and down and they look again. Everyone keeps going, operating within their own world, taking brief snatches of time to look at you, and then back into their own sphere.
My reflection in the glass door reveals Carmen at her best. I was relieved to see her looking at me. I smiled back at her as I entered. No one noticed me as I located the ice and stepped in line. The couple behind me was discussing their dinner plans, the tall guy in front of me moved along and a young female clerk greeted me, asked me if I found everything, I nodded a yes, she took my cash, I took my change said bye and walked out. Again people everywhere, someone held the door for me, I thought to myself how easy that went.

Fast forward 200 miles. Stretch time, dinner time, I decided on my usual venue. The food is good and the employees are always nice. After a quick makeup-hair-clothes check I grab my purse, magazine, lock up, cross the parking lot and go inside. The hostess seats me, it’s much cooler inside. She asks about my trip, I reply something about the drive being routine, nice, she says “I’ll be right back, do you want coffee?” To which I say yes but no creamer. She returns with coffee and water and smiles at me as I thank her. Several minutes later she returns and leans next to me as I order my meal. Away she goes again and I get into my beverages.The coffee is good and I smile at seeing my lipstick stain on the cup. I scan around room the and everyone is having a great time.

“Anything else sweetie?” as she set my order down, I ask if they have fresh salsa, “Yes we do I’ll warm your coffee be right back”. She kept looking me in the eyes as she commented about the weather. She was in no hurry to leave. I told her I was headed where it was hotter. She said to stay cool and drink a lot. I said, “Yes I’ll go thru a few ice cold gin-tonics this weekend. She laughed as she put her hand on my shoulder, then she left. I’m almost sure that she was getting a closer look at me.

I really enjoy eating en femme. I use my dining skills, always eating lady-like, small bites, sip carefully, take your time, and basically don’t eat like a guy. Good posture, lower back in, and sit back from the table to see my plate, give my boobs room and see my magazine. The air conditioning felt deliciously cool on my bare shoulders.

A tour bus had parked in front and the riders trickled out. They were randomly seated. A single guy was being seated. He paid particular attention to me as they walked by. He was seated with me in view, which he took frequent advantage of. I began to become slightly annoyed at his stares. He took 2 restroom trips which gave him the opportunity to slowly walk past me. Each time he watched me intently. I only looked at him after he passed. He wore all denim, black tennis shoes, 30’ish. He had a sort of 50’s greaser look. Aside from that, I finished my dinner and got ready to leave. Then I realized how oblivious I was to everything else around me, and that for the time I forgot that I was in fact a CD.

"Anything else Hun?" she caught me off guard, "No thanks I'm okay." She sets my bill down, "We'll see you again soon okay honey." She smiles again and leaves, I gather up my things, set her tip down, smooth my top and stand up carefully. Again people look up at me and then go back to their doings. I was feeling real and enjoying everything about that. The gentleman at the counter asked about my food, etc. I offered a nice reply, he ran my card, I signed it (He also took a fast glance at my mild cleavage), he thanked me and away I went.
I was doing so well and felt confident enough that I decided to browse the travel store, which was across the walk from the restaurant. So there I am looking at all the neat stuff that I didn’t need. I looked to my right and there he was, “HI!” as he smiled broadly. He was standing at the end of the aisle. “Hi.” was my only reply, reminding myself to own the moment. He stepped closer, “Darn you’re hot!”.
I looked at him and smiled and carefully said “Oh, well thank you.” He walked up to me, I didn’t move. “I want to tell you that you are the coolest chick in there today.” I then realized that he was from Spain. I relaxed somewhat and inquired, “You are on the tour bus?” He seemed happier that I was responding to him. “Yes, yes I’m do the visit, first Los Angeles and San Diego later. I have families there.”

I’m not sure that he ever clocked me, that or he never let on. He asked, “Can I know your name?” to which I replied with Carmen. “Oh yes, a nice name, my name is Frank, nice to meet you Carmen.” He offered his hand and I when I did the same he held it for a bit long. I felt that this encounter could go either way.
“So you are travelling also?” I felt that it was safe to answer as he had arrived on a bus, “Yes, I’m going south, on business) actually home). I started to walk along the aisle towards the exit, I was through browsing, he followed and continued, “I love the country, you have everything.” I didn’t rush, the SA at the checkout smiled and said “have a nice day folks”. There was a central corridor that connected all the facilities, and lots of people. I took my time and considered something from 31 Flavors but there was a substantial line. I was also enjoying my reflection in those big windows everywhere.

“I need to get going, it was nice chatting with you, take care, bye Frank”. I headed for the exit, he followed and kept pace with me, I think he was walking me out. The dinner crowd had rolled in, so I was surrounded by men, women, kids, teens. No one looked at me twice on my way out. Someone’s child bumped into me, his mom apologized smiled and continued inside. At the exit a guy held the door for me. Frank got past me and opened the outer door and I was forced to squeeze past him as a group was entering. He smiled at me all the while. For a moment I was concerned that he would follow me to my RV, thankfully he said another goodbye and headed for his bus. When I got to my rig I looked towards the bus across the lot, Mr. Frank was standing there watching me.

The rest of the trip was routine. I reached my destination 4 hours later. I would be staying and working at this location for 2 days, I abandoned my ‘drabwear’ for the entire time. I even visited a grocery and hardware store. They were busy and I was thankful for the self-check stations.
Many times throughout the weekend I become engaged in whatever I’m doing and much time passes until I suddenly realize that I’m lost to my femme persona. It’s difficult to explain unless you’ve been out there functioning in the real world. I love those fleeting moments when I remember that I’m in facto a CD.
So in closing, it was a great experience as I blended well and had a reasonably normal time. I met and talked to a few people, I was feeling very confident about myself. I stayed fairly cool as I dressed as everyone else does during the summer heat. I’m looking forward to my next trip.
The photo is a remote selfie taken at one of my shopping stops. This was my attire scheme for the weekend.

GeorgeA
08-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Quite a story! You obviously had a great time and even attracted an admirer.

Rhonda Darling
08-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Your story sounded great -- we all wish we were along with you. From your distant selfie, I must say that you have all the right curves in all the right places.

Is there more to the story of this trip?

alwayshave
08-13-2017, 06:41 AM
Carmen, what a great story.

JocelynJames
08-13-2017, 07:25 AM
I agree,
All the right curves in the right places.
What do you use for hip and butt padding? Very good story

kimdl93
08-13-2017, 10:01 AM
What a great getaway weekend! its nice to have enough time to really immerse oneself in the real world long enough to feel at home, and to forget for a time, that one is CD. Those moments are wonderful.

CarlaWestin
08-13-2017, 10:09 AM
Carmen, thank you for the wonderful 'slice of everyday life' story. There are a lot here that don't understand the first person daily experience and you've described it beautifully. So nice of you to let us tag along.

Sallee
08-13-2017, 11:24 AM
great trip you had You look great, had no problems and were fully functional in cd mode and it appears no reads that's great. the way it should be☺

Carmen
08-14-2017, 08:39 PM
I agree,
All the right curves in the right places.
What do you use for hip and butt padding? Very good story

Hi Jenny yes I luv my curves! It takes some work and now my figure is just right for me. .
As for my hips I only wear a set of DressTech silicone pads in large, no butt pads. I guess I'm blessed in that area. And I randomly do those 'butt specific' exercises to maintain some tone back there.
Here's another selfie 'cause I wanted to see how my posterior was doing. I went inside the mini-mart.

- - - Updated - - -

Your story sounded great -- we all wish we were along with you. From your distant selfie, I must say that you have all the right curves in all the right places.
Is there more to the story of this trip?

Hi Rhonda, Thank you, yes there is an entire weekend of activity. Other than the admirer part, the trip was quiet. I stopped several times along the way to stretch. As I wrote earlier I was feeling very independent and confident about myself. This goes back to 'owning' the moment. People will generally stay out of your respective bubble unless we allow them in or choose to venture outside of it.

My destination was a residence that I was looking after. There is a lot of landscaping and thusly daily irrigation duties. Along with that I had the home to myself for the weekend.
I also had other business nearby. I had previously made my client aware of my 'gender bending' tendencies and they were cool with that and looking forward to possibly meeting Carmen this weekend.
That morning the temp was already pushing 90 degrees when I left the house, (recall that I was driving an RV) This was a casual meeting and I chose to wear a light flower pattern blouse with the jeans.
My stomach was doing backflips as I parked near the business mall. I did the usual once-over, grabbed my material, stepped out into the heat and headed for the offices. My heels clicked on the concrete.

I saw them standing outside in the corridor. They looked at me, then at ach other, then me again. I smiled a big smile and walked up to them.
"Hello, it's me, Carmen. How is everyone? I brought everything." I think they were somewhat stunned. We shook hands, the one gal gave me a good look over, then smiled. We went inside. She complimented me on my attitude, my figure and my shoes. We'd met before and she was genuinely interested after seeing me en femme.
Later on they admitted that they weren't sure that it was me walking up to them. They already knew me in drab, but this was new to them. and they were certainly surprised.
Everything went like normal, I turned in my work, got paid and all is good. Lunch was an assortment from Subway. I was glad for that as I didn't want to go out into that heat again. We were very cool inside.
Later on we said goodbye's and I was on my way.

Rhonda I guess that's another moment out and about functioning in the real world. Thanks for asking.