PDA

View Full Version : just curious to know!!

Gail Stauffer
03-09-2006, 02:18 PM
why some of you girls haven't gotten those ears pierced? have you thought about it? I'm telling you don't be worried about what others think, I'm glad I have had mine done, and don't regret it at all. I was just curious as to why you haven't done it. it doesn't hurt at all, and allows you to wear so many great styles of earrings. just thought I would see how many of you would go out and have those ears pierced just as a fun challenge, from one cd'er with pierced ears to those who don't!!

angie_pacd
03-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Hi Gail,
I havnt done mine yet, I think because it may raise questions, Im still dressing only at home. Love Angie

heathr1
03-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Just hasn't appealed to me that's all.

mellisa's wife
03-09-2006, 02:25 PM
My experience is - once you start ( with EAR piercing at least) it is addictive.
First one set, then two and then three!

Changing earrings, all six of them with a full set of long fingernails and quite a time consuming adventure. Let's not start with the vast collections of earrings that follow!

heathr1
03-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Mother wore clip on earrings.

Surely they still make them?

Aloha_Dana
03-09-2006, 02:29 PM
but my wife would flip

Gail Stauffer
03-09-2006, 02:33 PM
angie if anyone asks me, I just tell them it's something I just went and did on a whim for fun and that's that. outside of that I haven't had to many comments on it, it's a common thing for most people to have them done these days. I only dress at home too, but wanted to see what wearing those dangley earrings was like, it gave me the excuse to go have them done, and the fact that I wanted to see what having pierced ears was like. I don't really care what anyone else say's if you want to do it, go do it , if it will make you happy.

Casey Morgan
03-09-2006, 02:39 PM
In my male persona I've never really been interested in getting my ears pierced. So that's tended to rule out getting them done for cross dressing. And now I probably shouldn't even think about getting them done. I'm a diabetic. We tend to heal slowly. Cuts that only used to take 2 or 3 days to heal now take a week or so. It's probably not a good idea to self-inflict any wounds.

JeanneF
03-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm getting them pierced this weekend. I used to have my left ear pierced in high school and college, but took it out because I (mistakenly) assumed that it would be unprofessional in my field to have a piercing. However, quite a few guys at my firm have piercings, and I figure with the "librarian" style glasses I wear and the highlights in my hair, pierced ears wouldn't be too out of sorts, even with a business suit. So screw it. I can't wait to be able to wear real earrings.

I'm also getting my first tattoo this weekend as well. :happy:

Teresa Amina
03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
I've got several pair of clip ons, one of which (Victorian danglies) arrived today via Ebay. Only $10, no doubt you could find them at flea markets, resale, etc. even cheaper. My everyday persona would also be 'comprimised' with piercings. Fine for you young chicks but they would look funny on me at work!;)

Sarahgurl371
03-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Really want to do them both. Really don't want the attention I know it will bring. Self confidence right now - about non existent.

Barb Valentine
03-09-2006, 07:29 PM
I have to many hole in my head already

reginaNJ1
03-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Shari, I have the same condition but that has not stopped me. I have had 3 in each ear for almost 10 years even in my male mode. I do stick to the post and ball type for male mode but switch to hoops when dressed . After awhile people dont even notice because it is so common. and unless your sugar is really bad most doctors wont say you shouldnt in my experiences

Gisele
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I have yet to do it. mainly because of my father. We are tight and a bit "redneck". It wouldn't go over well at all with him even though I am a grown man. I just have way too much resepct for him to do it. After he is gone (God forbid) I will get it done.

Now, I have thought of having my bellybutton done here lately.:evil: That I can hide.

Beth

GiGi GG
03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Bree had her 2nd ear done a few months ago, and while it was healing, didn't wear the 1st piercing earring, except while at home. We work together in a professional office setting, and not a soul noticed...

Now she is buying some really cool earrings for us to share :D

V

Penny
03-09-2006, 11:04 PM
My experience is - once you start ( with EAR piercing at least) it is addictive.
First one set, then two and then three!

Changing earrings, all six of them with a full set of long fingernails and quite a time consuming adventure. Let's not start with the vast collections of earrings that follow!
And it's even harder if you've got 9 long, pretty nails and a cast on your thumb!

I broke my thumb
now that was dumb
patience has run thin

for while I have pierced ears
can't get the earrings in:bonk:

GraceUSA
03-10-2006, 02:43 AM
I've always worried about what others would think... especially those that know I crossdress but really don't approve. Finally last weekend I got over that and had them pierced. It doesn't seem to have phase anyone yet, even friends from my church.

sparks
03-10-2006, 03:07 AM
I pierced them myself! I have five altogether. So I guess we'll just add self-mutilation to my list of qualities. My wife says I too old to be wearing them. So I don't. Yep I'm whipped!

BeckyAnderson
03-10-2006, 06:07 AM
My wife would have a bird!

Casey Morgan
03-10-2006, 06:27 AM
Shari, I have the same condition but that has not stopped me. I have had 3 in each ear for almost 10 years even in my male mode. I do stick to the post and ball type for male mode but switch to hoops when dressed . After awhile people dont even notice because it is so common. and unless your sugar is really bad most doctors wont say you shouldnt in my experiences

My sugar is pretty good. (It's usually 90-105.) Shoot, now I've got the "should I or shouldn't I" butterflies again.

Thanks for the info.

Sarah Rabbit
03-10-2006, 08:00 AM
In male mode, I wear two sleepers in left ear, one in the right ear and I wear a thumb ring. Will be getting my navel pierced on the next pay and seriously considering a second for my right ear to balance my looks. No one has ever commented on my accessories:D

Hugs, Sarah R. :bunny:

Gail Stauffer
03-10-2006, 12:52 PM
one in each ear is good enough for me!! at least for now anyway!!

paulaN
03-10-2006, 01:25 PM
my wife won't let me get mine done. and that is the only reason I have not had mine done.

Sonia_cd
03-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Did the one that wasn't pierced a couple of days ago. Am now waiting for it to heal so I can buy a few pairs of earrings and wear them. And all those posts about no one caring how many piercings one has,... they are all true! No one cares!!!

Hugs,
Sonia

NatalieH
03-10-2006, 02:13 PM
why some of you girls haven't gotten those ears pierced? have you thought about it?

Gail,

I was seriously considering it, but my wife's experiences have changed my mind. She only wears earrings occasionly, and many times when she goes to put them on one of her ears hurts to the point she has to use some type on ointment on it. Watching her wince in pain as she puts them in has pretty much killed my desire - I might wear them more often than her (!), but probably not often enough to avoid the problems. For now my clip-ons are fine...but, yes, I am jealous of those of you who have so many more choices.

Natalie