PDA

View Full Version : A Cashier's almost Oops Moment

Nikki A.
08-13-2017, 11:38 AM
On my way back home from church, I needed to pick up a few things at the market for the week. I usually use the self check-out lane (I am a little anal on how I bag my groceries). However this market had none so I had to use the cashier.
While ringing up my things another person kept asking her where certain things were located. She finally tells him that she'll help him "as soon as I'm done with this young (hesitation) lady". Considering I was wearing a skirt, blouse wig and make-up and over
sized sunglasses, good catch LOL. So much for passing, but I did appreciate her catch and did lean in and thank her.
Wasn't really embarrassed, I was me just being me.

Fiona123
08-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Nice cashier. At least she thought about it before responding.

Rachelakld
08-14-2017, 01:36 AM
Lucky.
I get Mrs about 60% of the time and Sir the other 40%

At the hardware, an elderly staff member called me Sir, then about 20 seconds after I had moved on, he chased me down to apologise
I told him it's okay as I myself, am often confused. He was a very nice bloke with a kind heart.

I'm to old to care, so long as they are nice about it.

Nikkilovesdresses
08-14-2017, 01:41 AM
She deserves praise in my book just for using the word young...

Nikki A.
08-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Yeah I was kinda happier with the "young" part also. She was very nice, just confused for a second or two.

docrobbysherry
08-14-2017, 01:05 PM
My feeling is:
Any dressers that goes out shouldn't be offended when called, "Sir, Mr., etc". Unless u speak to your image in your mirror and see and hear NOTHING that mite be considered male!:daydreaming:

SherriePall
08-14-2017, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in the hesitation. Could be she just didn't know whether to say, woman, customer, lady, etc. You get my drift. I mean I have brain freeze all the time.

Jaylyn
08-14-2017, 04:09 PM
Sounds like she was a very kind cashier, we all get our tongue tied sometimes, usually when I'm not paying attention.

Nikki A.
08-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Doc, I know where you're coming from. I really don't have a feminine voice, and I don't make a great looking woman (like some of you ladies do. Therefore, if I am called Sir or Mr (and I have been) I chalk it up to experience and go on.
The only person I need to please is me, and it pleases me to dress as nicely as the situation warrants. I have been told by the women that know me that my outfits are tasteful, and the ones at the church that now see that I have no agenda to promote have really gone out of the way to include me in whatever events are planned and even the initial reticent ladies are coming up with kind words of acceptance and welcome.

CynthiaD
08-14-2017, 05:08 PM
I get "Ma'am" all the time. Never "Sir." I guess I'm just lucky.