PDA

View Full Version : Hand Me Downs

Tracy Irving
08-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Last week my wife needed underwear. She wears cotton, I don't. She picked up one of those cheap bags with two free bonus pair. This was going to get her by until we drive down to the Jockey store at the outlet mall.

Fast forward to this morning...

She reminds me of this purchase and lets me know that they do not fit her at all. "They are incredibly uncomfortable. You can have them," she tells me. Seriously? Don't make it sound so appealing! I think I will take a pass on her ill fitting cotton panties.

jack-ie
08-16-2017, 10:45 AM
It all depends on what it is. I'm waiting right now for a postal delivery from my ex. Seems she is purging some things and thought I might like them. I've already been out twice this morning to see if the PO truck is in the neighborhood yet.

jennifer0918
08-16-2017, 11:03 AM
I'll take them

RainbowDash
08-16-2017, 11:08 AM
I'm under the very strong belief that women like clothes and undergarments that have a nice soft feel to them. So if I was to accept them from anyone, if I knew they would not feel comfortable, I would tell her, "You know I like to crossdress, and that I like soft stuff. What makes you think I would enjoy this?" But I would probably at least try them on just to see how they feel against my skin.

Beverley Sims
08-16-2017, 11:08 AM
Love hand me downs, the world can be full of surprises.

Micki_Finn
08-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Hey now, don't look a gift horse on the mouth. There are girls on this site that would be over the moon if their s/o offered them panties.

Fiona123
08-16-2017, 12:14 PM
I like cotton panties. I like nylon & other fabrics too. I suggest wearing a pair for a day. You may be pleasantly surprised.

gerri ray
08-16-2017, 12:31 PM
I absolutely love when my wife gives me her hand me downs! It's that little thought of acceptance that counts.

ClosetED
08-16-2017, 12:40 PM
My wife had given me several dresses as HMD, size 8, thinking I would not fit them. She has now learned I do fit almost all of the size 8 dresses, and having seen my pictures, thought I wore them better than her. So she stopped giving them to me. She even took one dress back. But she has borrowed some of mine and I don't mind. There was one I ordered that was too tight, so gave it to her - Hand me Ups?
Hugs, Ellen

Tracy Irving
08-16-2017, 01:12 PM
Hey now, don't look a gift horse on the mouth. There are girls on this site that would be over the moon if their s/o offered them panties.

True that.

I started a thread about a month ago where I mentioned downsizing my panty wardrobe by around 200 pair. They will be too big for me but I can give them a try.

Judy-Somthing
08-16-2017, 08:47 PM
This is the second time my mother-in-law sent over her old foundation garments for my wife to donate, 2 OB girdles and 2 OB all-in ones and some other stuff. They were in good conditions but since I've been unable to get time to dress I said F-it as she put them in the trash. What a tease!

alwayshave
08-16-2017, 09:49 PM
I despise cotton panties, I don't even like a cotton gusset. So would I take the hand me down, no.

Sometimes Steffi
08-16-2017, 09:58 PM
Sounds like they might be the Hanes 6+2 bonus pack. I love them. I find them very comfortable.

Tracii G
08-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Take them even if you don't want them show her you appreciate her thinking of you.
Not accepting is like saying I like meatloaf just not your meatloaf.
Geez men are soo ungrateful sometimes.
Chances are you paid for them anyway.

lingerieLiz
08-16-2017, 10:54 PM
I grew up without the cotton gusset in panties. Would prefer they do away with it. but women need it.

Vickie_CDTV
08-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Throwing away vintage foundations is a bad idea. They can be worth good money, especially is large (by modern standard) sizes. (Old rubber girdles are especially rare, if you can find one that hasn't disintegrated from age.)

jack-ie
08-16-2017, 11:07 PM
It all depends on what it is. I'm waiting right now for a postal delivery from my ex. Seems she is purging some things and thought I might like them. I've already been out twice this morning to see if the PO truck is in the neighborhood yet.

I received the care package from the ex this afternoon. This evening I got all made up up and spent 2 hours doing a video chat with her modeling the HMDs she sent. A few new outfits and I feel like a kid in a candy store

franlee
08-16-2017, 11:43 PM
Tracii G wrote my thoughts on this subject. Pass it up and you can pretty well be assured it wont happen again.

Krea
08-17-2017, 02:11 AM
Take them even if you don't want them show her you appreciate her thinking of you.

Tracii, this is so true. When my wife recently offered me a few things which she no longer wanted, it felt like such a significant moment in our progress, a feeling that she is becoming more accepting of my CDing.
Whether things fit, or how nice they are, is not what's important here. That feeling of support/encouragement is so much more valuable. :c9:

Kiwi Primrose
08-17-2017, 04:39 AM
Accept any HMD or gift graciously. You could like the cotton panties and it is a nice gesture by your wife.

Jenn A116
08-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Despite the implied negative that they will be uncomfortable, I'd still take them. Its more a case of encouraging her to donate more things than deciding that you really don't care for them. Go ahead and accept them. Try them on for a time or two and only then admit to her that she was right that they were uncomfortable.

That will then lead to you having to go with her to shop for replacements for you. :)

Krisi
08-17-2017, 08:31 AM
Tracii is right, don't turn down a gift of women's clothing from your wife.

Cotton can be very comfortable. Wash them at least once and you'll feel the difference. The more you wash them, the softer they will become. And if nothing else, you could wear them under your male clothes.

Amy Lynn3
08-17-2017, 08:32 AM
I would have taken them. In the past I have ask some of my in-laws if the had any dresses or other items they would like to donate.

sometimes_miss
08-17-2017, 06:13 PM
FWIW; When we were going to counseling, the therapist suggested to my wife that she buy me something she could better accept me wearing. She purchased two dresses for me. Although not what I wanted to wear, it was because she purchased them for me that made them so special. So I wore them anyway, it gave me hope that everything would work out between us. When she told me she was filing for divorce, I threw them away.
Take anything given, as a special gift. Anyone here would LOVE to have their wife give them panties.

Dana44
08-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Tracy, take them even if they don't fit you. Never kick a gift away

Janine cd
08-17-2017, 10:07 PM
I love cotton panties and wear them daily. This doesn't mean that I don't love silky nylon and lace panties also. It only means that cotton panties are much more practical for daily use. If the panties she offers you are uncomfortable, then dispose of them, but at least try on a pair. You might find them to be really nice.

Angie G
08-18-2017, 09:00 AM
I have some cotton panties that I really like and are very comfortable. have you ever tried them.:hugs:
Angie

Tracy Irving
08-18-2017, 07:01 PM
Quick update:

I graciously accepted the cotton panties like you all wanted me to and today I tried a pair on. The results were incredibly negative. I felt like I was reliving the first twenty five years of my life where I mostly wore men's cotton underwear. I know some will be disappointed but, even after my downsizing, I still have a couple hundred comfortable pair left.

Stephanie47
08-18-2017, 07:19 PM
To me it sounds as if she is saying you do not have good taste, so she is giving you cast offs of stuff she does not like. Beware if she tosses you a worn out and stretched out bra.

Barbara Black
08-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Nothing wrong with women's cotton panties. They are soft, brushed cotton after all, not the rough stuff men's are made of. lI especially like the pink ones.

Tracy Irving
08-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Beware if she tosses you a worn out and stretched out bra.

I already get all her bras. Ever since I fitted her for the right size she wears them out. Before that I was able to donate them to a woman's shelter.