PDA

View Full Version : Boys will be girls.

suzy1
08-20-2017, 05:32 AM
I found this film title on my sky film list so thought 'this sounds interesting'…..turns out to be just an old 1937 comedy and nothing to do with crossdressing.
Are there any films about crossdressing?

Persephone
08-20-2017, 05:44 AM
There are hundreds of films including, or about, cross dressing. There are very funny comedies and very serious films. There are films that portray us well and films that cast us in a very bad light.
For one of the funniest films of all time check out Some Like It Hot with Jack Lemon, Tony Curtis, and Marilyn Monroe.

suzy1
08-20-2017, 06:05 AM
There are hundreds of films including, or about, cross dressing. There are very funny comedies and very serious films. There are films that portray us well and films that cast us in a very bad light.
For one of the funniest films of all time check out Some Like It Hot with Jack Lemon, Tony Curtis, and Marilyn Monroe.

A full list is expected from you by this time tomorrow or I will want to know the reason why!
But seriously, I was thinking more about people like us and not Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis in a dress......I have to admit Curtis did look cute? :daydreaming:

Ressie
08-20-2017, 06:19 AM
There have been threads on this subject before. The only real life videos of crossdressers I know of are on youtube. There are documentaries on Transgenders, drag queens, and a few amateur videos of CD events.

As for Hollywood movies, they're either more about transexuals or comedies with crossdressing included.

Dee Baker
08-20-2017, 08:06 AM
We need our own network like HGTV, we can name it CDTV. It should run movies, talk shows, game shows, etc.

Tracii G
08-20-2017, 08:13 AM
Dee we are such a small segment of society it wouldn't be profitable.

This is a great movie and Rikki is an actual transsexual.
To me it portrays things as they really are in today's world. My TS friends all loves this movie because it hits on a lot of truths they have encountered.
https://youtu.be/63R5Mencf38

XemmaX
08-20-2017, 08:22 AM
i saw 'une nouvelle amie' recently it's a french film but you can probably find online or a dvd with english subtitles. it was good!

kimdl93
08-20-2017, 08:29 AM
The Danish Girl comes to mind.

DIANEF
08-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Breakfast On Pluto, starring Cillian Murphy, one of the best portrayals of a female by a male I have seen.

Julogden
08-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Look for a movie called Just Like A Woman, a wonderful 1992 British film starring Adrian Pasdar and Julie Walters about a crossdresser and his budding romance with an accepting woman after his wife kicks him out. It's the only one that I know of that focuses on a crossdresser rather than transsexuals or drag queens.

karenph
08-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Julogden is right - Just Like a Woman is a fun film. Highly recommend it.

suzy1
08-20-2017, 12:05 PM
Julogden is right - Just Like a Woman is a fun film. Highly recommend it.

Just found it and yes, it looks really good! Thanks girls.

Tracii G
08-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Danish Girl wasn't all that great IMO too much melodramatic over acting.

kimdl93
08-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Yeah, and the plot seemed a bit contrived....

RainbowDash
08-20-2017, 02:33 PM
I've actually become a fan of Japanese anime mostly because of the crossdressing. I guess this is just a big thing with the Japanese, having characters dress up on the opposite gender's clothing?

chris80
08-20-2017, 04:37 PM
try http://tgmovieguide.org/ Tiffany's tg movie guide

Ozark
08-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Glen or Glenda by Ed Wood.

"In 1953, Wood wrote and directed the exploitative semi-documentary Glen or Glenda (originally titled I Changed My Sex!) with producer George Weiss, which starred Wood (under the alias "Daniel Davis"), his girlfriend Dolores Fuller and Lugosi as a god-like narrator. The film was loosely based on trans woman Christine Jorgensen. While panned by critics then and now (being considered as one of Wood's worst films), though many praise the camp qualities, the film is notable for its groundbreaking empathetic portrayal of LGBT issues at a time when most media were very hostile."

I'm trying to remember who played him in his autobiography movie. I remember one detail that he loved cashmere sweaters. He was the 'king of b movies' .... the movie was pretty good ... Johnny Depp played him. He is a good actor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Wood

Connie.Marie
08-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Suzy,
Tootsie & Transamerica come to mind.

ClaudiaDawn
08-20-2017, 07:55 PM
Not a movie, but British TV Series "Accused" has an episode, "Tracie's Story", starring Sean Bean as a crossdresser. He is a terrific actor and it is worth watching just for that.

Violetgray
08-20-2017, 10:29 PM
Yeah, and the plot seemed a bit contrived....

Unless I'm mistaken it's based on a true story.

Ellie Summer
08-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Breakfast On Pluto, starring Cillian Murphy, one of the best portrayals of a female by a male I have seen.

I'll have to check this one out, I love Cillian Murphy!
Another interesting one that I haven't seen yet but I have read about is called "The Beautiful Boxer". It's the bio pic of the Thai boxer who fought his way to the top so that he could afford a sex change operation. I love how ironic it is that he chose a route of such intense masculinity to achieve his dream of femininity.

Tracii G
08-20-2017, 11:08 PM
Yes it was supposed to be a true story Violet but the screenplay and the sub par acting is what ruined it for me.
A good actor will help you to get into the character and feel what is going on but this movie was just lacking on all points.

suzanne
08-20-2017, 11:35 PM
How about these:
Kinky Boots
Priscilla Queen of the Desert
To Wong Foo: Thanks for everything. Julie Newmar.

OCCarly
08-20-2017, 11:53 PM
+1 on To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar.

But the classic is Some Like It Hot, with Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, and of course Marilyn Monroe.

jennifer0918
08-21-2017, 01:57 AM
When will this thread be deleted?
Any way transamerica, trantasia,to wong fool,kinky boots,crying game.

Persephone
08-21-2017, 02:02 AM
No problem Suzy1, just see Chris80's link above. Results delivered in under 24 hours!

jennifer0918
08-21-2017, 02:04 AM
When will this thread be deleted?
Any way transamerica, trantasia,to wong fool,kinky boots,crying game.

To name a few.

GinaSkirt
08-21-2017, 06:31 AM
We need our own network like HGTV, we can name it CDTV. It should run movies, talk shows, game shows, etc.

How about a CD reality show?

jennifer0918
08-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Logo tv,RuPauls drag race

jessica_brink
08-21-2017, 10:04 AM
It's not a move but there was a show called 'He's a lady' about men having to crossdress as women. You can find footage of it on youtube. Anyone else knows about this show?

Jane G
08-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Hopefully this thread will never be deleted Jennifer. I for one love Some Like it Hot and will be looking in on some of the other titles mentioned. Great thread Suzie.

Charlotte Ann
08-21-2017, 02:23 PM
"Normal " with Jessica Lang and Tom wilkinson was a good film deep in it deals with the whole family but well worth the watch.

Dee Baker
08-21-2017, 07:14 PM
jessica_brink

It's not a move but there was a show called 'He's a lady' about men having to crossdress as women. You can find footage of it on youtube. Anyone else knows about this show?

It would be cool to have another reality show but this time tell the contestants ahead of time its about CD.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely have a reality show on the network. Maybe also a help program i.e. how to apply makeup.

jessica_brink
08-21-2017, 07:21 PM
jessica_brink

It would be cool to have another reality show but this time tell the contestants ahead of time its about CD.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely have a reality show on the network. Maybe also a help program i.e. how to apply makeup.

Regardless, the show had some stunning contestants, like Alberta. I mean, who'd have ever guessed she was a man?

jennifer0918
08-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Hopefully this thread will never be deleted Jennifer. I for one love Some Like it Hot and will be looking in on some of the other titles mentioned. Great thread Suzie.

Jane G ,I don't want it deleted, I'm stating this because my threads get deleted when I start a thread on movies.

Michala
08-22-2017, 07:06 AM
There is a current reality show on TLC, not about crossdressing but about transgender. The program is "I am Jazz." It's about a young lady, young teenager, who has lived as a girl since an early age and is now considering SRS prior to graduating from HS. The program is about her struggles, her acceptance, etc. I find it pretty real, informative, and shows some of the struggles she has gone through.

Julogden
09-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Another excellent Cillian Murphy movie where he dresses as a woman is Peacock, a little darker though, but check that one out too.

Connie.Marie
09-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Jessica,
I loved watching "He's a Lady". A surprising winner but well deserved.
The one guy lost it when he had to be a bridesmaid.

Hugs, Connie

Ozark
09-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Bosom buddies tv show with Tom Hanks...

Kayliedaskope
09-12-2017, 01:12 PM
:yt:

OMG, I forgot about that show! What a scream!

Another +1 on both The Crying Game and To Wong Fu.

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls.
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world,"
-The Kinks - Lola

Jessica S
09-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Bosom buddies tv show with Tom Hanks...

Couldn't wait for the show to come on when I was a kid. I would secretly go put pantyhose on under my close and watch it with the rest of the family.