PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts and questions

jhasmine
08-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Well, I no longer have any male undergarments because well, they are very uncomfortable and who at work can see that anyway. I work in an office environment which makes it hard for me to do a full purge. 28 floors of different types of companies, I happen to work on the 17th floor at a law firm and clothing rules are kind of strict. I could go all fem at work if I had the money to purchase business casual clothing. Well I know there are thrift stores but unfortunately, my size is nowhere to be found. 32-39-32 tall (6'3"). I prefer wearing dressing over slacks but would where them if height, or cash, wasn't a factor. For now, I will let my male clothing stay until they tear apart and can no longer be worn. This will help me save money for some new outfits.

Of course, if I do run into enough items to purge my male clothing, I will speak with my HR team prior to buying anything to let them know that I am a CD part time and am moving to more of a full time role. I will also let them know, that I am not doing a full transition to female. And for those of you who don't know that, well, now you do :) . Lately i have been just going home from work, throwing my male clothes on the floor and putting on a dress. Then I sit and play my mmorpg games or go to the store and get some drinks and cigs, sometimes with makeup sometimes without. Should say most times without makeup. I am still in a trying to figure out my correct color palette and how to put it on correctly phase which is costing a pretty penny. I asked an old GG friend of mine who is a hair and makeup stylist for help, she said she will make some time this month or next to come over and show me some tricks and tips which makes me happy.

I know I am still new here but I have been open about CDing with my wife now for 2 years. She doesn't mind at all and has been encouraging me to go out dressed up nearly every time we go out. The times she does not say go dressed up, are times when we visit my family. This may be due to some bad experiences she had with my family in the past but my family knows I CD so I go over there dressed up whenever I feel it is the right time to. My oldest daughter, 17, says dad, u missed a spot. This means I failed to shave a portion of my face correctly and it shows. LOL. She also CD's F/M. My youngest daughter, 6, is now more and more into dresses since she has seen me wearing them all over the place. My wife is starting to wear dresses more often as well because she see's me GG watching when we go out. I take that as, hey, look at me will you. (Hun, I am always looking at you no matter what you put on or take off)

Question, has anyone here ever went from Male to Fem while working at the same place and do you have any advise?

Another question, Best method or razor for removing facial hair, for the person that does not like to shave but has to almost everyday?

Male shoe size 12 female shoe size 13 is a little to big and 12 to small. skinny person wide is not needed because it would be to wide for my little feet. 12.5, impossible? Or maybe its because it was a 12EU vrs a 13US. should I try a 13EU and 12US? I can't do open toes due to some foot issues I was born with. My toes on 1 foot are all broken due to that which makes that foot even smaller. Women's shoes sizes are horribly different. I normally go to payless and pick up a cheap pair of mens shoes. Can't do that for womens shoes. I mean, what women wants a cheap pair of shoes. Oh, and they have to special order my size anyway because the store only has up to 11.5 and they are god awful styles.

Lana Mae
08-23-2017, 03:53 PM
Hi, Jhasmine! I have to stay male for my work environment at least for now! It looks like you need tall women's clothes! I am somewhat larger than you but not as tall! I have the same problem with shoe sizes! I wear a 10 in men's but an 11 in women's but it is too short in some styles and should be an 11 1/2 wide and a 12 is too big! Not many affordable shoes in 11 1/2! I just use an electric razor but my beard is white for the most part! I too need make up skills! I need to tie myself to a chair and practice my make up!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Becky Blue
08-23-2017, 06:06 PM
Jhasmine, I can only answer your shaving question. Laser is the way to go if you want a smooth skin and less/or no shaving, the younger you do it the better the results will be.

ellbee
08-23-2017, 08:04 PM
I am still in a trying to figure out my correct color palette and how to put it on correctly phase which is costing a pretty penny. I asked an old GG friend of mine who is a hair and makeup stylist for help, she said she will make some time this month or next to come over and show me some tricks and tips which makes me happy.

Waaay too much to comment on, so I'm just going to pick one thing, which I quoted above. :)

To find your correct colors for clothing, makeup & jewelry, every CD'er really needs to find out which "season" they are.

Whether you're a winter, summer, spring or autumn, that's determined by your skin tone, hair color & eye color.

There's plenty of stuff about this on the internet, but here's one quick & easy "quiz"...

https://www.colormepretty.co/categories-2/4-season-color-analysis/

Those are the 4 basic seasons, but it can actually be further broken down by 12 or even 16 sub-groups!

For example, I'm a winter -- but more specifically, a "cool/tinted winter"...

http://outfitideas4you.com/cool-winter-color-palette-tinted-winter/

This sort of stuff always came pretty natural to me, anyway, from a young age. But learning about it did also open up a few other things that I wasn't aware of.

And what's great about it, is you can use it for both your girly self *and* your guy self! :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'd definitely make sure that your wife is on board with your GG friend helping you out. Just sayin'. Heck, maybe the 3 of you can make a day of it! :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes::battingeyelas hes:

sometimes_miss
08-24-2017, 06:35 AM
Male shoe size 12 female shoe size 13 is a little to big and 12 to small. skinny person wide is not needed because it would be to wide for my little feet. 12.5, impossible? Or maybe its because it was a 12EU vrs a 13US. should I try a 13EU and 12US? I can't do open toes due to some foot issues I was born with. My toes on 1 foot are all broken due to that which makes that foot even smaller. Women's shoes sizes are horribly different. I normally go to payless and pick up a cheap pair of mens shoes. Can't do that for womens shoes. I mean, what women wants a cheap pair of shoes. Oh, and they have to special order my size anyway because the store only has up to 11.5 and they are god awful styles.
I wear a 15 or 16 mens, so women's shoes that fit me are rare. 100% of mine are ordered online, and I have returned more than a few pairs over the years. The big vendors usually have quite liberal return policies as long as you haven't damaged the shoes. What I do,is wear them exclusively while walking on carpet. That way, there's no evidence that anyone has worn the shoes other than just trying them on. I always repackage them exactly as delivered if I'm going to return them. Sadly, there's no way to know how a pair of shoes will fit, even when they're the exact same style, exact same color, and exact same size from the exact same manufacturer. There's simply no substitute for trying them on.

Laura912
08-24-2017, 07:32 AM
As much as you seem to be out, I strongly endorse what Becky said about laser and electrolysis for any gray hair left. Getting rid of the beard will go a long way towards improving your appearance and helping with the makeup.

JustJoni
08-24-2017, 07:43 AM
Jhasmine, I'll chime in on a couple. I've never had a smoother shave than with a good straight razor. Except for my grandfather's heirloom razor, all of mine are Solingen.

However, that's a big investment of time, and money (and probably a little blood), and some folks faces do not lend themselves well to a straight shave. When I don't have time for a straight shave, I use a commercial five-blade but follow the same pattern I use for straight shaving: lather/shave down, lather/shave across in both directions, lather/shave up.

For skin tone/coloring/makeup, my wife and I went to Sephora and had them do the sensor procedure to find our proper coloring and what makeup goes with it. They were very nice, and very helpful (and respectful). However, while they only charge $40 for the basic color-matching, I found myself spending WAY more than that, lol. Make-up is addictive

jhasmine
08-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Jhasmine, I can only answer your shaving question. Laser is the way to go if you want a smooth skin and less/or no shaving, the younger you do it the better the results will be.

I would love to have laser treatment but cost is a factor. I was thinking of getting an in-home IPL but there have been too many mixed reviews. The best one I seen does not have a replaceable cartridge and yet cost about 2 times more than the ones that do. I am not sure its worth the risk at this time especially due to my skin tone, which might be a factor, and the white hairs might have a problem removing those using IPL or full out laser treatment. Still, i am going to review it more and more and maybe during tax time i may pick one up.

- - - Updated - - -

Waaay too much to comment on, so I'm just going to pick one thing, which I quoted above. :)

To find your correct colors for clothing, makeup & jewelry, every CD'er really needs to find out which "season" they are.

Whether you're a winter, summer, spring or autumn, that's determined by your skin tone, hair color & eye color.

There's plenty of stuff about this on the internet, but here's one quick & easy "quiz"...

https://www.colormepretty.co/categories-2/4-season-color-analysis/

Those are the 4 basic seasons, but it can actually be further broken down by 12 or even 16 sub-groups!

For example, I'm a winter -- but more specifically, a "cool/tinted winter"...

http://outfitideas4you.com/cool-winter-color-palette-tinted-winter/

This sort of stuff always came pretty natural to me, anyway, from a young age. But learning about it did also open up a few other things that I wasn't aware of.

And what's great about it, is you can use it for both your girly self *and* your guy self! :thumbsup:

Oh, and I'd definitely make sure that your wife is on board with your GG friend helping you out. Just sayin'. Heck, maybe the 3 of you can make a day of it! :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes::battingeyelas hes:

I will look into these thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I wear a 15 or 16 mens, so women's shoes that fit me are rare. 100% of mine are ordered online, and I have returned more than a few pairs over the years. The big vendors usually have quite liberal return policies as long as you haven't damaged the shoes. What I do,is wear them exclusively while walking on carpet. That way, there's no evidence that anyone has worn the shoes other than just trying them on. I always repackage them exactly as delivered if I'm going to return them. Sadly, there's no way to know how a pair of shoes will fit, even when they're the exact same style, exact same color, and exact same size from the exact same manufacturer. There's simply no substitute for trying them on.

wow. I no longer feel bad about the size of my feat, I do however, feel bad for you. wow. I am not trying to pick on you but them some big feat. Where do you shop for womens shoes? I like to take a look as I have not done too much shoe shopping besides the lower end stores like payless and amazon.

- - - Updated - - -

I have done some more research on laser hair removal for the face. Its not as expensive as I thought it would be. estimates are 200 - 250 per session with an average of 3-7 session required. Also, low interest financing is available which is a huge plus. so we are talking min $600 max 1500 or so. Which is not bad. Better than getting an IPL that might only last a couple of months to 1 year before having to replace it for 600.00 and is not as effective as laser treatment. I will have to start saving for it. In the meantime, I will find a nice electric shaver somewhere. lol

- - - Updated - - -

just got a quote for full face laser hair removal. I wanna cry. 9 sessions. 1 every 8 weeks. total cost, 4300.00. and thats with a 50% off deal they are running now. LOL. not gonna happen anytime soon i tell you.