PDA

View Full Version : Almost told a coworker about my dressing

Billie Jean
08-24-2017, 10:00 PM
A younger gg I work with was talking about her being lesbian the other day. I told her I support LGBT and almost told her that I crossdress. Needless to say I am not ready to be outed at work. Billie Jean

kimdl93
08-24-2017, 10:12 PM
While there is a relief in coming out...I know from repeated experience...there's also some value in simply expressing support for others when they come out, without qualification. I mean that in the sense that "I support LGBT people, regardless of who I am."

deebra
08-25-2017, 06:37 AM
Just support her in her girl preference and in conversation talking about human connections that aren't in the majority ask her how she feels about men and women crossdressing just to see how she feels about this. What ever she says don't out yourself, could be a bad thing at work.

CarlaWestin
08-25-2017, 07:19 AM
I have a g friend at work that knows. I've been following her education in psychology while she works a blah job for support money. We were talking about the human condition a while ago and she mentioned LGBT studies. She made a comment that you could never tell who around you might be of another perspective. I looked right at her and said, "I'm transgender." She started to tear up and gave me a big hug and thanked me for telling her. Then there was the photo gallery on my phone. About every third picture I said, "Can't show you that one"! and she would giggle. But the ones she did see got a OMG! and I can't believe that's you! She's my little sweetie and, unfortunately, today is her last day. There are some really beautiful and wonderful people out there. They're just hard to find.

Krisi
08-25-2017, 07:32 AM
I don't think it's wise to tell anyone who doesn't need to know unless you are out to the public. There are too many chances that the other person will let it out of the bag, either intentionally or accidentally.

Elizabeth G
08-25-2017, 07:46 AM
I agree with Krisi on this. Unless you're already out you hand over too much power when you tell someone your secret.