PDA

View Full Version : Pantyhose and/or nylons

Cherylgyno
08-24-2017, 10:09 PM
Looking at the bare legs of GG's all I ever see is bare legs. The pantyhose and nylons companies need more CD's. We are the ones keeping these companies going. If these companies close many people will lose their job. No matter your outer clothes please cover your legs with some sexy hose.
This has been a public service announcement...

Tracy Irving
08-24-2017, 10:29 PM
I have mentioned in the past that there are around 100,000 U.S. flight attendants. The last time I was at O'Hare all the female ones that walked past me wore some form of pantyhose or nylons.

Below is an excerpt from American Airlines dress code:

Hosiery / Undergarments

Hosiery and appropriate undergarments (including bra) are mandatory. Hosiery may be sheer or opaque and must be seamless and without pattern or texture. Allowable colors are black or dark navy, skin-tone and natural shades (including support hose). Trouser socks in solid black or dark navy may be worn only with uniform pants.

NancySue
08-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Great public service. Couldn't agree more ! I'm all stocked up. Don't forget thigh highs 😉 Long live Hanes.

pantyhoseguy
08-25-2017, 01:00 AM
count me in, I will always buy and wear pantyhose, I love them since I was a little kid and still wear them till this day, I won't ever stop, my favorites are no nonsense pantyhose and hanes alive.

suzy1
08-25-2017, 03:16 AM
I have just ordered several pairs of hold up stockingsā€¦..will that do Tracy? :straightface:

alwayshave
08-25-2017, 06:05 AM
Cheryl, I'm doing my part to keep the industry going.

deebra
08-25-2017, 06:29 AM
Did nylon stockings and sexy garter belts disappear???? There was a time when this was the thing in Playboy magazine. A centerfold wearing this with or without matching panties and with or without a bra. Isn't this what CD's would die for, to dress and look like her????.....WELL??????

Jennifer_Ph
08-25-2017, 06:40 AM
I do my part to keep L'eggs in business for sure. And I'm contributing to the high heel industry as well, since most GG's wear cheap ugly flip flops for everything.

Tracii G
08-25-2017, 06:46 AM
I don't see the big draw with panty hose.
They are uncomfortable at best.
I can see wearing them with a skirt or dress but to get excited having to wear them? Not me.

Lacey New
08-25-2017, 06:58 AM
I continue to do my part,to make sure the pantyhose industry remains healthy

Elizabeth G
08-25-2017, 07:40 AM
Hi Cheryl,

I'm certainly doing my part!

Elizabeth

Krisi
08-25-2017, 07:42 AM
Styles change over time and we have to accept this. Look at a photo from a hundred years ago and the men are wearing hats. Not baseball hats, hats. Seventy five years ago, girls were required to wear dresses or skirts to school.

So - skirts, dresses and nylons/panty hose have also gone out of style except for some jobs.

If you want to be taken for a woman, you need to dress like one. Not one from a 75 year old TV show, like a 2017 woman. Most likely, that will be jeans or jeggings and a blouse. And flats or sneakers. If you're going out to a club or a nice restaurant, you can do the dress or skirt thing with tights or pantyhose.

As for the pantyhose companies, most are making other things also to keep them profitable. Otherwise they will go the way of the haberdasheries.

Angie G
08-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Well I need to go shopping Tracy.:hugs:
Angie

TracyUK
08-25-2017, 10:43 AM
I love hold ups they are so easy to wear but I adore stockings and suspenders. Its the feel of the suspender straps
flexing the way they do when I walk or sit, I can't do without it.

Love and hugs
Tracy

Stephanie47
08-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Did nylon stockings and sexy garter belts disappear????

Nylon stockings and garter belts have not disappeared. All you have to do is do a "Google" search om the Internet. I see plenty of lacy thigh high stockings at local stores; Wal-Mart and Fred Meyer. Stockings generally worn with a garter girdle are somewhat difficult to find at brick and mortar stores, but, easily on the Internet.

Yes, modern women choose to wear clothes that cover the legs; jeans and tops, etc. Me? It's always a dress with heels and all the proper undergarments. I totally agree I am happily trapped in the 1950's and 1960's. Hosiery? My legs look like the legs of a seventy year old. The skin reflects my age. Spider veins. Pale ashen northern European skin tone. Hairless due to genetics and not shaving (thank God!). I get to choose unsightly or hosiery that hides the blemishes of age. My teenage granddaughter has beautiful skin of a young woman. She doesn't need an ounce of hosiery or any makeup at all.

I keep the Berkshire hosiery plant humming along.

Joni T
08-25-2017, 10:54 AM
Personally I think a woman in a dress or skirt NEEDS stockings for the polished/finished look. Too many women go bare and most of them shouldn't because they don't have Juliet Prowse's legs.
Jon

Sallee
08-25-2017, 10:59 AM
I am with you I'll wear them in a dress and when the occasion calls for them but not regularly Also in the winter when its cold, I use to wear panty hose skiing strictly for warmth

cosmolovesph
08-25-2017, 03:52 PM
count me in, I will always buy and wear pantyhose, I love them since I was a little kid and still wear them till this day, I won't ever stop, .....

This is me as well, can't get enough (thou I have plenty!)

Fiona123
08-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Sadly they are not in style now. I do love the look and feel of pantyhose though.

Dana44
08-25-2017, 04:00 PM
II am doing my job on it also. Yeah hose is good. but we cannot were them when the temp is so high.

Cherylgyno
08-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Same here Elizabeth.

CynthiaD
08-25-2017, 04:20 PM
I wear pantyhose every day. I buy them by the dozen, two or three times a year.

Kayliedaskope
08-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Pantyhose for me doesn't feel quite right. I know a lot of ladies like them, and I've tried to wear them for a full day, but on me they just feel ... ugh.

Now, thigh-highs and a sexy matching garter belt? Oh, hell yes!

Lea
08-25-2017, 04:24 PM
I am doing my part in supporting the industry.

I enjoy the finished look they provide.

Heather Anne
08-25-2017, 04:29 PM
When it comes to hosiery I am an addict - pantyhose, stockings, thigh highs, tights, black, sheer, seam, fishnets, fashion, colors, etc. I have found some good products and not so good, both online and local (Walmart, Searsm, J.C. Penney). Also have had to deal with products that end up being discontinued - bummer. I no longer wear socks of any kind. I wear sheer knee highs 24/7 unless going out completely dressed en femme then it is stockings, thigh highs or pantyhose. When in male mode I wear men's loafers or sneakers. I also have a pair of Women's Keds sneakers that I wear while in male mode. No one pays any attention to what I have on my feet.

Lana Mae
08-25-2017, 05:29 PM
I still note GGs wearing pantyhose! This includes my boss who wears them under her pants! (Saw the waist band when she bent over!) Most don't but many do wear them!I have about a half dozen pairs! Oh, sounds like I need to get some more! Mine have to be support because of my legs! Hugs Lana Mae

janhoney
08-25-2017, 09:44 PM
I have been into (literally & figuratively) pantyhose and stockings since I maybe 10 or 12 years old (now 67). I used to buy the standard brands (Hanes, Berkshire, etc.) at a department store or on-line. About four or five years ago I discovered European-made pantyhose ("tights" as the Brits call them). Wow. What difference. IF you have a pantyhose fetish (guilty) and like slippery feeling PH, try Platino Cleancuts (silicone coated thread), Pretty Polly Nylon line, Cecilia de Rapael, Fiore, Gabriella and many others. The Platino Cleancuts are pretty much in a class by themselves, but Pretty Polly ones come a close second. If you have not tried seamless PH, you should seek out the Cecilia de Rapael ones. They conform to every nook and cranny, an unique and sexy feel. I also have Wolford and Falke PH too. They are excellent, especially Wolford's Neon 40s. The problem with those two brands (German and Austrian) is they are VERY expensive. The Neon 40s go for near $50 a pair. I am new on this forum/site so I am not sure if I can mention the reliable web site where I now shop for those brands. Google Platino Cleancut Red Bank NJ and I think you will find it. There are other sources but the NJ outfit seems very good with rapid shipping.

I am seeing more GG in pantyhose, especially in the winter. A woman in semi-opaque black PH is WAY better than bare legs. They may be slowly coming back in style especially in cooler or colder areas. I don't think you will see many in FL, for example.

Sara Jessica
08-26-2017, 08:34 AM
Personally I think a woman in a dress or skirt NEEDS stockings for the polished/finished look. Too many women go bare and most of them shouldn't because they don't have Juliet Prowse's legs.
Jon

While I'm all for nylons when the time/place/event/outfit/weather calls for it, I'm very glad that bare legs has been the "new" normal for many years. I'm glad that women have a choice to look beautiful without having to be a slave to wearing something they don't particularly like to wear...and because they can do so without having to worry about a man telling them whether their outfit is polished or finished enough for his taste.

JustLaura
08-26-2017, 09:24 AM
I would die for the opportunity to wear Wolfords and Cecilia de Raphaels. Unfortunately, they're way to small for me. For now, I'm content with Berkshire and No Nonsense.

Linda E. Woodworth
08-26-2017, 09:33 AM
Sorry Sara but I'm with Joni on this one.

Too many times a woman has gone to an effort to really dress up whether it be for work or pleasure and the entire effect is lost due to white, bony, unsightly legs. Very few of the women out there can carry off the "bare" leg look.

Shadeauxmarie
08-26-2017, 10:16 AM
I've been hooked on stockings since I was 10. The day I put on a pair my mother threw away. Hanes garter Walking Sheer with their reinforced heel and toe. I do love other nylons, but these are my favorites.

Sara Jessica
08-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Sorry Sara but I'm with Joni on this one.

Too many times a woman has gone to an effort to really dress up whether it be for work or pleasure and the entire effect is lost due to white, bony, unsightly legs. Very few of the women out there can carry off the "bare" leg look.

And I'm glad to know there are men out there who are the arbiter of whether women can carry the bare leg look.

I guess I'm blessed to live in a place where most women can in fact pull this off.

Fiona123
08-26-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm sure my legs look terrible. Undeniably pantyhose help and they are sexy. On the other hand clean shaven and moisturized legs feel pretty nice under a dress or skirt.

Cherylgyno
08-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Jan. Thank you for the place is n Jersey. I e mailed them hoping they can fit me.

- - - Updated - - -

Heather. In 50+ years of wearing pantyhose I've only had 1 incident. In line at a C-store, I was wearing pantyhose with sandals in drab. Guy behind me "Are you wearing nylons?". Me. No, pantyhose. Guy. Oh. Lady in front of me. Ignore him, I think your feet look sexy in your pantyhose.

Alice Torn
08-26-2017, 03:26 PM
Fortunately, many women overseas still love them! It is indeed rare to see GG's in hose, unless seeing church people or high end secretaries and exec women, in big cities. I prefer PH. Have found some named Comfort Choice. Bought some from Roamans online. very soft, comfortable!

Maria 60
08-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Yes I'm doing my part and caring the torch for my wife who doesn't own a pair and when she does need them, borrows from me. I will keep trying to keep these people working.

ConnieLove
08-26-2017, 10:05 PM
I also am doing my part to support the industry.I wear nothing but Leggs sheer energy,they last for ever,if treated right.281314281314

Jaymees22
08-26-2017, 10:15 PM
I'm doing my best to keep No nonsense and Hue in business, they are actually the same business. I like tights, panty hose, leggings, over the knee socks, they all feel good. I will admit I don't wear them in warm weather, then they don't feel so nice.

wearingtanpantyhose
08-27-2017, 09:44 AM
I know I'm doing my part to keep the pantyhose industry thriving. Wear the right size and brand, and they are the most comfortable clothing one can buy not to mention how much better they make one's legs look.

joansnix
08-27-2017, 11:32 AM
When sheer nylon tights were introduced in UK over 50 years ago I (and my wife) found that they were more comfortable than stockings which need a suspender belt to keep them up. When my wife stopped wearing tights, I inherited them and wear them a lot on winter to keep my legs warm. As my wife now mainly wears trousers as every day wear, she wears either knee highs or ankle socks, either sheer 15 den or 40 den in winter.
It is because most ladies now wear trousers, that they no longer wear tights or stockings . Looking in ladies stores there is not the same range of stockings, either suspender type of thigh high hold ups available as there used to be 10, 20 or more years ago

~Joanne~
08-27-2017, 12:01 PM
I have never seen a pair of bare legs that I thought, "yeah, you don't need to wear pantyhose". never. A lot of people fool themselves into thinking they have flawless legs when they don't but ultimately it is a choice and with some leg covering, whether it be pantyhose, tights, or stockings, the legs and feet surely look better.

They are uncomfortable at best.

This is a pretty common lie. it's one of the many excuses used to describe wearing pantyhose or not wearing them in this case and those of us that do wear them don't feel them are uncomfortable in the least so how can this be a true statement?

jack-ie
08-27-2017, 12:30 PM
I've seen legs that didn't need hosiery but those same legs look even better with hosiery. Pantyhose were first marketed as a more convenient option to garters or a garter belt, no fasteners. etc. Suspender stockings are a compromise between the two. I find none of them uncomfortable but I do think a garter belt and stockings or suspender stockings are more alluring.

julia marie
08-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Not a fan of panty hose. They are a pain in terms of logistics at the waist, like in a bathroom stall. Thigh highs look nice but getting the right fit is tough. They slide down without a garter, even if they are designed to stick. There's also something to be said for the feeling of a skirt blowing in the breeze over bare legs.

JenniferMBlack
08-28-2017, 12:25 AM
As a man I don't like panty hose on girls and as a CD I don't like wearing them. I for one would rather see a girls legs then them being covered in anyfhing.

Dianna_ericka
08-28-2017, 01:03 AM
I am a pantyhose lover, I try to use as frecuent as could, is great for me to sleep while wearing them, I like the sensation and make my legs look femenine and beautiful.
I recognize that if you are not shaved they tend to slip and sag, therefore it is a perfect reason to shave.
My favorite are Hanes Alive, or some with more compression.
I can use them everyday while underdressed, or while totally in girl mode. For me are an everyday garment.

Erica Skifishski
08-28-2017, 02:07 PM
Maybe its more of a summer thing? I see more during the winter, but, yes I agree overall I see fewer and fewer ladies my age or younger sporting them. I used to have a thing for girls in nylons, but my wife hates them so much (nylons, that is), she's converted me, I like bare legs now. Also, so many cute open toed shoes, you gotta go bare with those. So many ladies looking good at my office building this summer with bare legs and open toe shoes or sandals with slacks, skirts, capris, dresses. Wish I could show off my painted toes and smooth legs, heheheh.

I've been stocking (get it?) up on thin (mostly, or all, merino) wool lady's knee-highs and crews. The thinnest I can find. Nylons just don't breath well. Of course, they don't give that classic look, don't tend to have a slender-ing effect and you can't really see polished toes through them. So, yeah, sometimes, you gotta go with hosiery. I use knee high nylons for skiing as all other socks are too thick for my tastes.

All that said, I'm wearing nylon knee highs ATM. It feels nice slipping them on after I just shaved. The two best parts is putting them on and taking them off.

Krea
08-28-2017, 03:19 PM
Fortunately here in England tights seem to still be very popular. Long may it last!
Plenty of women still wear them, except in summer, which isn't very long here anywhere!
I really love the feel of wearing them. They were the first thing that got me into CDing. :daydreaming:

Julogden
08-28-2017, 05:08 PM
I've been doing my part since 1969. :)

Cherylgyno
08-28-2017, 05:36 PM
So glad to see so many of you doing your part.

Bruce64
08-29-2017, 07:12 AM
I bought a pair of Wolford over the weekend, I am going to enjoy it.

Krisi
08-29-2017, 07:24 AM
"They are uncomfortable at best."

................... This is a pretty common lie. it's one of the many excuses used to describe wearing pantyhose or not wearing them in this case and those of us that do wear them don't feel them are uncomfortable in the least so how can this be a true statement?

How can you possibly call that a lie? If a person finds pantyhose uncomfortable, who are you to say that they are not? You might not find them uncomfortable yourself but you cannot possibly speak for someone else or know how they feel.

sarahcrossed
08-29-2017, 08:28 AM
i usually wear nylons when i dress up. especially if i go out. it helps to disguise any scars and gives your legs a nice look. if you buy really cheap pantyhose or in the wrong size, of course they will be uncomfortable. i usually go for hanes silken mist. Ill get nude, suntan, and black. i go to walgreens and get them even in guy mode. people dont care what you buy they have their own lives and have better things on their minds than worrying about a guy buying pantyhose. but i also dont give a **** what other people think so that helps.

CassandraRae
08-29-2017, 09:58 AM
They are an essential part of feeling dressed to me although I do have a love /hate relationship, especially when I need to use the restroom. I'm doing my part for Hanes and the Kmart brand - Jaclyn Smith.

Jennifer_Ph
08-29-2017, 12:54 PM
I think pantyhose are only uncomfortable if you buy a size too small and or you buy 100% nylon cheap hoisery. L'eggs Sheer Energy, sheer to waist have been comfortably on my legs for 34 years. Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs!

Jenny22
08-29-2017, 01:26 PM
No pantyhose for me. at my age (over 80) its just a hassle to put them on. Now thigh highs, yes! i love to roll up a stocking, point my toes and easily slip my foot into the small opening then start to slide it up my leg, across my knee, snug it up to my thigh and enjoy the beautiful lace at the top. If my toes are polished, they shine through the stocking. Repeat with the other foot. Then the donning of panties and the smooth sliding over the stockings as I pull them up into place. Its a beautiful, sensuous feeling that I don't think a pantyhose wearer can experience in the same way. But, to each her own. Que sera, sera.

Dana44
08-29-2017, 01:28 PM
I personally like thigh highs, but I also have panty hose.

Glendy
08-29-2017, 02:36 PM
I love to wear pantyhose and stocking I love the feel of them when I wear them.

Kelsey dresses
09-01-2017, 03:23 AM
I wear both come fall and winter everyday or as long as it is cool enough to wear long pants

karenph
09-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Luv my sheer energy :)

AngieStone
09-01-2017, 09:28 PM
My mother had me wear white pantyhose once when I had to dress in the traditional clothing from 1776, powdered wig and all. That is when I started crossdressing, so hell yes I love wearing them.

AlanaG
09-01-2017, 10:01 PM
To me hosiery is a must to feel the most feminine. However when it gets warm like 80 or above I generally don't wear any. This summer in the Pacific Northwest of the US it has stayed unusually warm for long periods of time. So I've gone out many times without hosiery. But I keep my legs hairless, exfoliated and moisturized.

5150 Girl
09-01-2017, 10:27 PM
I can't handle shoes of any kind barefoot! However, I do have a few sandals that receive a mulligan.
Now, we all know the rule that pantyhose and open toe shoes are a big no no... However, even the most pantyhose hating fashionistas will say if you must do pantyhose (like office dress code, and some formal events) that pantyhose and peep toes are fine. That said, I often stretch the hell out of the point as to where the line is drawn between peep and open toes...

Kathi-Anne
09-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Love the Sheer Energy suntan pantyhose. Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs:))

GeorgeA
09-02-2017, 08:48 PM
No pantyhose for me. at my age (over 80) its just a hassle to put them on. Now thigh highs, yes! i love to roll up a stocking, point my toes and easily slip my foot into the small opening then start to slide it up my leg, across my knee, snug it up to my thigh and enjoy the beautiful lace at the top. If my toes are polished, they shine through the stocking. Repeat with the other foot. Then the donning of panties and the smooth sliding over the stockings as I pull them up into place. Its a beautiful, sensuous feeling that I don't think a pantyhose wearer can experience in the same way. But, to each her own. Que sera, sera.

Hi Jenny,
I agree with you except I don't like lace-top nylons, solid welt for me.

lingerieLiz
09-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Growing up I was happy when I got my first pair of nylons. Back then girls wore panty girdles with nylon stockings. After I graduated from high school I bought my first pair of silk stockings. Surprise. they weren't what I thought they would be. Didn't stretch much and didn't give you as smooth a feel as nylons. Top quality nylons were sheer and silky smooth under a slip. I usually wore long leg panty girdles for several years before pantyhose became popular and cheap enough to wear. I remember the time when if you had a run in a leg you cut off that leg and then matched up with another pair with the reverse leg combination. I wore support panty hose for many years. With the new trend of sans hose I eventually joined my women friends. I like the bare leg feel. Don't wear dresses very much, but if I do I don't wear hose except for a rare event. I do use artificial tanning and still have smooth skin on my legs.

ginapoodle
09-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Cooler weather is coming to the Gulf Coast...fall will arrive...and wearing hosiery much more comfortable. Can't wait.

In Portland last week I wore thigh high nylons or pantyhose most of the week...lovely...

Julie Slowinski
09-02-2017, 11:30 PM
I have always been a fan of hose. While the stockings and guarders look great, I kinda prefer the feel of a control top - keeps everything smooth and for the most part in place. I totally agree that it is a shame that shear hose are out of style. I do like a nice soft pair of tights, but I keep holding out hope against hope that the shear style will come back into fashion. A girl can hope can't she....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with you Sarahcrossed... Shopping for ones feminine necessities in drab should be (and in almost all cases) is a nonissue. It used to be a big deal for me, but now I'm like no one really gives a shit what I'm buying and if they even notice, why do I care what a stranger thinks. However, it would be a lie to say that my heart doesn't beat at least a little faster every time I'm at that check out counter with some pantyhose or nail polish.

~Joanne~
09-03-2017, 05:43 PM
"They are uncomfortable at best."

How can you possibly call that a lie? If a person finds pantyhose uncomfortable, who are you to say that they are not? You might not find them uncomfortable yourself but you cannot possibly speak for someone else or know how they feel.

Well, before I started wearing them myself, I was always told they were "uncomfortable" for a whole list of different reasons that i had to take their word for, turns out that after i started wearing them, what was being told surely wasn't the truth. If you look at the fashion being worn today, the proof is in the pudding.

List of given reasons:

1. they bind behind the knees
2. They are too tight or pinching in the crotch area
3. they don't stay up
4. They are too tight in general

Yet, almost every one out there is wearing leggings, almost solid, everyday and leggings have every characteristic that a pair of pantyhose do while they are worn. I'd say to wear leggings every day yet shun hosiery, mainly pantyhose, because of all of those reasons makes it out to be a lie. I think it's laziness myself, nothing more.

This is of coarse, just my opinion.

Sara Jessica
09-03-2017, 06:09 PM
I don't complain about the comfort (or lack thereof) when it comes to pantyhose but I can tell you this much. Leggings and opaque tights are infinitely easier to wear and more comfortable.

And there is no laziness involved when it comes to sheers. Women simply don't like them so much. There has been much conditioning over the years to the point where the word pantyhose doesn't even exist on the packaging for Silk Reflections. Just look if you don't believe me. If the word is there, it would be in the fine print but I don't think it is there either.

And the world is better for it. Women generally aren't beholden to a disposable article of clothing as a dress code requirement any longer. Bare is more comfortable than hose. They may choose to wear it but no longer are obligated to do so.

Amen to that!

Jeri Ann
09-03-2017, 06:24 PM
If I had to wear pantyhose all the time I might consider transitioning into a guy. However, sometimes they are a necessary evil. The next time I wear them will more than likely be during the holiday season when my sister and I go to the ballet (Nutcracker). We are already searching for the perfect after five dresses for the occasion.

ellbee
09-03-2017, 06:46 PM
The pantyhose and nylons companies need more CD's. We are the ones keeping these companies going.

No, we aren't.

We certainly don't hurt it, but the number of males who CD & buy pantyhose are TINY, when compared to the GG market.

Leggings and opaque tights are infinitely easier to wear and more comfortable.

+1

I must own like 110 pairs of leggings/yoga pants/running tights by now, no joke. (Yes, I'm obsessed with them, but whatever, LOL.)

Also a handful of pairs of opaque fashion tights (which won't be replaced once they're old) -- and *zero* pairs of pantyhose. Actually haven't bought/worn any of those in close to a decade now.

...a disposable article of clothing...

This is what it boils down to, IMO.

I believe many feel the money is better spent elsewhere. Like on leggings. :devil:

~Joanne~
09-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Bare is more comfortable than hose.

I am sure they are but they certainly don't look as nice as they do when wearing hosiery. I think my biggest beef is formal events, there is a time and place for hosiery and surely a formal event of any sort is it. The lack of hosiery is a sign of disrespect just as the lack of a tie is. Call me old fashion lol

If I had to wear pantyhose all the time I might consider transitioning into a guy..

No one said they should be worn all the time, hell, I think I tire of them from time to time myself but when that happens , I am not dressing that day either ;) To put on a shirt, jeans and sandals, I might as well stay in drab. I think that is the difference between a TG and a CD.

I believe many feel the money is better spent elsewhere. Like on leggings. :devil:

Yes, You are evil. go away lol

Lauri K
09-04-2017, 06:41 PM
While I did not take time to read all 71 responses, at quick glance I really saw no one point out the medical / health benefits of wearing hosiery, in particular support hosiery

Regardless of how you identify on the gender scale there are many benefits from wearing compression garments.........

I can attest to the benefits of wearing............but I am not here to convince those who are traumatized by wearing hosiery / stockings but just stating there can be signifigant benefits of wearing beyond fashion

I love my hose and will be wearing them as long as I see beneficial results

Annette_boy
09-05-2017, 03:55 AM
A thigh highs and garter belt girl here . I really love them.

Hugs Annette

Brenn
09-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Count me in as a nylon addict.

valerie anne
09-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Six strap garter belt with metal clasps plus fishnets.

Fishnet stockings are so sexy and so wearable. They are comfortable and robust and they don't ladder easily.

I can wear them all day without realising that I am wearing a garter belt plus stockings.

Genifer Teal
09-06-2017, 05:58 PM
I overheat very easily. When I started hitting the clubs, loosing the hose was a no brainer. As already mentioned, none of the women wear them, especially in da club. Just seemed like the way to be comfortable and fit in. It quickly became my new normal. As I age it may be time to reconsider.

CrystalSparrowe
09-10-2017, 08:41 AM
Thigh highs and a good garter belt is always the way to go. They look absolutely sexy and are a convenience in restrooms.

Janet Bern
09-10-2017, 09:10 AM
I can only wear so many nylon stockings and pantyhose

Darling Micki
09-10-2017, 11:38 PM
So there I was enjoying skimming through the forums, contemplating a post asking how many of you enjoyed the feeling of wearing pantyhose, tights, or stockings.

I was wearing a pair of sheer L'eggs brand, Everyday Regular, Nude sheer toe pantyhose, vintage 80's style high leg (french cut) black exercise trunks, black slouch socks, white women's Rebok sneakers, and a very snug black Jagermeister sleeveless t-shirt.

I saw this post and thought why reinvent the wheel I'll just peruse the responses to get my answer that way.

In guy mode I tend towards either barefoot and shoe less, sandals, or tube socks with shoes or work boots. No big Whoop.

En Femme... that runs the gamut. Bare foot, Ankle socks, slouch socks, Knee Highs, Thigh highs (gartered and not), pantyhose, leggings and tights. I personally love the feeling of a gentle caress from a skirt, dress, or a tender hand against the skin taut material. It can send shivers of pleasure up and down my body. I love the way my legs look in hosiery, and like being told they look better than some GGs. Personally, I think more GGs should wear skirts and dresses with heels and hose. But that's me.

Then I saw the response from ~Joanne~, regarding some peoples discomfort wearing tights and pantyhose.

This is a pretty common lie.

A "misconception" for the uninitiated, who have never truly "shaved" and pampered their legs before slipping into a set of high quality hosiery.

A "mis-perception" based on poor experience(s) either from the preparation or the final outcome. Bad reaction to shaving or dilatory creams, waxing, whatever. Purchasing the wrong size, etc. Time and effort involved to get ones legs hairless, or not.

Maybe it's uncomfortable on their pocketbook, in that they personally can not justify the expenditure of what for them may be a one use, disposable, luxury item.

Maybe they just don't like the look of their legs in sheer hosiery.

Regardless to say its a lie, is rather harsh.

it's one of the many excuses used to describe wearing pantyhose or not wearing them in this case

Whatever anybody's reason for wearing or not wearing, a certain piece of attire or full outfit, it's their choice. We may not agree, but that's life and free will.

those of us that do wear them don't feel they are uncomfortable in the least

For those in your circles that maybe true, but I personally don't always agree with that statement.

When it's hot and muggy out they can be damn uncomfortable, but then again so is anything else I have on my legs at the time.

Brand, quality, construction, & material all play a role in ones perception of comfort. I love the way my legs look and feel while wearing Peavy (aka Tamara, Calendar Girl, Hooters) Brand pantyhose, but initially the material to me feels very rough and slightly uncomfortable. While on the other hand slipping into my Gerbe Futura Tights from France is tantamount to a mini-orgasm along my legs.

how can this be a true statement?

It's not, its an opinion.
We all have them.
This response is mine.
Care to discuss further, please message me privately.

Fudge-bunnies, I wrote a lot.
*wanders back into the shadows*

Beauty Parlor Bev
09-11-2017, 04:11 PM
I am fortunate enough to be able to shave completely year round, so I love to show my legs in the warmer months when they are all nice and tan and I have a cute pedicure for the world to see. But when the cooler month's arrive, NOTHING beats the feel of rolling a pair of pantyhose up a freshly shaved leg! I love the swish of a dress or skirt over the material, wonderful! The pic is from a few nights ago when it was warm enough to go without, I will post a pic of my legs all nylon encased soon! When I couldn't shave year round. tights were my best friend!

Juliana817
09-11-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm a child of the 80's so while I was growing up all the women around me wore nylons...I assume it was pantyhose but who knows :)! I've always been partial to wearing pantyhose over thigh hi's and wish they would make a stronger comeback.
I believe you get what you pay for with pantyhose so I'm not partial to Legg's or No Nonsense and other "drugstore" brands.
I used to love Victoria's Secret but it's changed and my everyday go to is Hue and Wolford or Donna Karen for special occasions.

FrannGurl
09-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Ill wear tights or hose in the Fall and Winter with a dress or skirt, but never with open toed shoes, which to me, isn't a good look.
When its warmer, its usually dresses or skirts without hose, but I also wear jeans, shorts, leggings, ect where theres no need to wear hose or tights anyway.
I agree with Juliana, you do get what you pay for. Donna Karen and some other more expensive hosiery I have and like, but Ive also had good luck with a few less expensive store brands.
I shave and/or wax year around, and always use lotion to keep them soft, it feels nice putting on hose afterwards.
I will also say that getting regular pedicures and keeping your toenails trimmed and filed in between helps to avoid getting a run in your hose

BLUE ORCHID
09-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Hi Cheryl :hugs:, They can have my pantyhose when they cut them off my cold dead body ! ...:daydreaming:...

Julogden
09-11-2017, 10:11 PM
List of given reasons:

1. they bind behind the knees
2. They are too tight or pinching in the crotch area
3. they don't stay up
4. They are too tight in general

If you're experiencing those problems, then you're buying the wrong size. Use the height/weight charts on the package as a starting point. If they don't fit right as a result of using the chart, try the next size larger or smaller depending on whether they're too loose or tight. :)

pantyhoselvr kendra
09-12-2017, 06:43 PM
At age 10, I used to steal my mothers pantyhose to wear until i got caught. She told me to leave hers alone and started buying me pantyhose and stockings. She allowed me to wear them openly in her home. I have been wearing pantyhose almost every day for 45 years. My wife knew when we were dating and was cool with it. I have been very lucky with the women in my life

Venessa_48
09-13-2017, 07:48 AM
Pantyhose everyday for me!

~Joanne~
09-13-2017, 11:09 AM
If you're experiencing those problems, then you're buying the wrong size. Use the height/weight charts on the package as a starting point. If they don't fit right as a result of using the chart, try the next size larger or smaller depending on whether they're too loose or tight. :)

I personally am not having those problems, that is a quick list of reasons that most GG's use to describe the reason they refuse to wear hosiery. I, on the other hand, know what My size is and I by a decent brand so these things don't occur. I'm not buying dollar store pantyhose ;)

Venessa_48
09-13-2017, 11:15 AM
My choice for pantyhose are Wolfords. Yes pricey but it's for me and I want to feel luxurious. Most women haven't a clue about hose so they buy cheap and hate them because they itch. You get what you pay for

Ronnica
09-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Definitely a pantyhose addict! Been wearing them since I was 5 or so.

Robyn16
09-29-2017, 11:14 PM
I also do my part by buying pantyhose and tights

Renee36c
09-30-2017, 07:29 AM
I own a few pantyhose

Raychel
09-30-2017, 08:06 AM
Not a day goes buy that I don't put on pantyhose.
I am definitely doing my part to keep the industry going. :daydreaming:

It will be a huge problem if they stop making them. :thinking:

curvious
10-01-2017, 12:35 AM
I wore my thigh highs under jeans with my g string to work recently... I had never worn TH's to work, always worried they would slip.. They didn't and it was a wonderfully snug day...

Diedre
10-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Back in the day I started with panty girdle and stockings. It was pure bliss to feel the tug of the garters on my stocking tops as I walked.

But in my early teens I was very passable and quickly converted over to STW pantyhose to go with the short skirts and dresses. And to this day, although no longer passable, I still wear pantyhose when I dress at home

xdress408
10-02-2017, 05:49 AM
pantyhose all the way.

jessica33
10-03-2017, 05:49 AM
Nylon stockings ( RHT , seamed ) and 8 straps garter belts with metal clips . You can find plenty of those on the web these days . When out in the public I always wear those with office outfit .

Bobbi46
10-03-2017, 06:06 AM
I gave up on stockings long ago simply because I could not find any for my long legs (37") so now it is hose all the way I have found some that are very comfortable to wear. If I could find stockings in my size I would wear them no doubt about that at all.

AmandaH
10-03-2017, 07:30 AM
Of course in England it is suspenders and stockings or tights. I'm not a great fan of tights but nothing beats putting on a pair of fully fashioned stockings and clipping the suspenders onto them.

Janine cd
10-03-2017, 09:33 PM
No hose or pantyhose means bare legs for me and that means being without a complete outfit.

BillieJoEllen
10-04-2017, 02:30 PM
I just recently bought six boxes of pantyhose. I'd rather buy garter but haven't a glue where to go to buy them.

HollyGreene
10-04-2017, 05:39 PM
I love wearing hose or stockings. I remember my sister complaining that they were really uncomfortable, so when I tried some I couldn't understand what she meant. Some time later I bought some cheap ones that weren't as generous as the others I had and then I understood. If you buy the wrong size they are uncomfortable, and as with most clothing there seems to be no real standard in sizing.

Kayliedaskope
10-04-2017, 06:12 PM
I just recently bought six boxes of pantyhose. I'd rather buy garter but haven't a glue where to go to buy them.

Usually you can find thigh-highs around the same areas that you got the pantyhose. As for the garterbelts themselves, you may have to find an intimates store nearby and call to see if they stock any. At worst, if all else fails, check some of the adult stores in the area - there's usually a selection of lingerie there.

Heather Anne
10-04-2017, 07:36 PM
I too have had a hard time finding a good quality garter belt. I tried an open bottom girdle and it works just as good as a garter belt if not better. I bought a size 5X. Next one I get will be a 4X. Try the website for Shop National, Classic Shapewear or American Shapewear, Here is the link for the open bottom girdle. https://www.shopnational.com/intimates-and-hosiery/shapewear-and-garters/cortland-intimates-gartered-open-bottom-girdle
They also have regular garter belts. I bought one of their garter belts but it didn't last long and I returned it in exchange for the girdle.

Janine cd
10-04-2017, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't think of going anywhere without nylons or pantyhose. It's the mark of a real woman.

Ginni
10-05-2017, 07:43 AM
I love the feel of nylons. Pantyhose or thigh highs. They feel good on me and I feel so good about myself.

binni101
11-27-2017, 08:58 AM
I also need to be almost constantly buying pantyhose. I am in europe, so its mostly Oroblu or Levante.

Lately I have been finding out what pantyhose stewardesses wear in Icelandair and Wowair and buying those. Also the heels they use :)

Also, when I can I will order pantyhose that are worn in movies. For instance Jessica Alba in Sin City 2, I have those pantyhose :D Maybe that is a matter for a new thread, share what we know about pantyhose in movies :)

Paula Michelle
11-27-2017, 11:09 AM
Pantyhose and thigh highs. Wasn't a big thigh high fan at first, but you only have to replace one when they run. Saves a little money for other things.

mandm40c
11-27-2017, 12:12 PM
I love wearing both pantyhose and thigh highs, but if I had to choose one. It would be thigh highs. They are easier to put on, 1 gets a run you just replace that one and on warmish days, they are more comfortable.

StacyCD
11-28-2017, 09:39 AM
Since Silk Reflections gartered stockings were discontinued, I've started wearing thigh high. Nice. But I still like the feeling of wearing a garter belt.

Aunty_Hazel
11-29-2017, 02:53 AM
I prefer stockings and suspenders. I always feel far more feminine in them.
Hold ups are good when you don't want suspenders to show through a tight skirt (though sometimes it is fun to let them do so)

Doaranna
12-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Heather Anne,

I am soo with you!! ... I love the feelings of garters and especially stockings. Every time I dress, even when it is at home it is almost always with garters and stockings ... Corset for mor fomal feeling and garters or OBG are my next favorites. Especially love the constrining feelings with the girdle and it reminds me of very classy times!

nikinylons
01-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Pantyhose started it all for me years ago. L'eggs Sheer Energy for my wife and I. We love them!

Rayleen
01-02-2018, 12:50 PM
Nylons, but with this winter, will sure get some pantyhose.

Monique65
01-02-2018, 01:09 PM
I finally bought my first thigh highs in my size. Got to love them!