PDA

View Full Version : Pride & progress!

Krea
08-25-2017, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone,
Last saturday our local town in SE England held it's first ever Pride day and a few days beforehand my wife suggested that we go along and make it a day out. So we went and joined in the fun and it was a great afternoon.
As i am only out to my wife, i was in drab, but we both bought a Pride T-shirt to wear and show support. There did not seem to be a particularly large representation of CD/TG but did see a few sisters and my wife commented on how lovely their outfits looked.

The following morning we had our longest talk yet about CDing and my wife suggested that if i needed to progress a little further we could buy a few different things for me, to see how she felt about seeing me wearing them. She said that she could not make any promises about how she would feel, but reckoned that it might be ok. I only do limited CDing so this was quite a big step for her.

Generally my wife is very open-minded and i think that seeing a few other CDers at Pride has helped to reassure her that CDing is not something to be scared of. Since i came out to her i have tried to reassure my wife that i am still the same person that she married many years ago. The clothes may have changed a bit recently, but the person in them remains basically the same. (Good & bad!)

After our talk my wife gave me a lovely silky cami vest which no she longer wears, but was just about right for me. She is amazing! I wore it and it felt wonderful.

So soon i will buy a few things and see how she feels about them. But whilst this feeling of progress is wonderful i still keep in mind the good advice i received on joining this community: "Don't rush things & never assume your wife's acceptance!"

Thanx for all your support. :gh:

Stephanie47
08-25-2017, 11:08 AM
"Don't rush things & never assume your wife's acceptance!" Happy to read your wife is willing to explore her feelings. Also, keep in mind your wife is free to "change her mind." Her level or acceptance may never reach your level of expectations, but, that's life. I believe the critical issue in a marriage is whether or not a wife realizes her husband still has the inner core values and strengths that attracted her to him. I wish you good fortune.

suzy1
08-25-2017, 11:13 AM
A pleasure to read your thread. Give your wife a hug from me, she deserves it.

kimdl93
08-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Nic, that's very good news! I hope that each ensuing step brings the two of you even closer together!

Krea
08-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Thank-you Kim, Suzy & Stephanie for your kind comments.
Yes, as you say we need to find a balance between what i like and what she is ok with. Generally we have a very strong relationship, so hopefully it will go well. Certainly i will not take her support for granted.

I don't know exactly what i might like to buy yet, nothing too OTT tho. I will post more when the time comes. :daydreaming:

Jenny22
08-25-2017, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE
The following morning we had our longest talk yet about CDing and my wife suggested that if i needed to progress a little further we could buy a few different things for me, to see how she felt about seeing me wearing them.[/QUOTE]

Let's see. What might they be? A wig? Breast forms? Heels? Prettier lingerie? Makeup? Hmmmmmm.

Dana44
08-25-2017, 02:24 PM
Nic, Take it slow with her and keep communicating with her. It is nice that she is approving but don't over do it.

Lana Mae
08-25-2017, 03:30 PM
"Slow and steady wins the race!" She sounds great hug her for us! Hugs to you both Lana Mae

Krea
08-26-2017, 03:26 AM
Hi, thanx for your kind comments. :)

Jenny - i am one of the minority here who don't do makeup/forms/wigs so it's more a case of if i wanted to branch out with clothing choices. This helps somewhat as my wife would find makeup etc a lot harder to accept than the fem clothing.

suzanne
08-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Just as the urge to dress fluctuates from day to day, so does her level of acceptance. Pushing forward too fast is a sure way to get on her wrong side permanently. Be careful. Absolutely accepts the gifts she gives you, but for the rest of it, read whatever signs you can including tone of voice and body language. Good luck.