PDA

View Full Version : Mistakes made in new chat app i was trying out

jhasmine
08-25-2017, 01:07 PM
So. on my cellphone I installed a new chat app. well, it asked for signup info. and said or click here to use your facebook account. Well, my fem facebook account is setup female. so the app took that as me being female, set me up as female looking for men. automatically mind you. I was using this chat app for the CD section. well, it had things like flirt and other things i did not care about. I added my bio, a few photos and boom done right. hahahahaha, it would not let me change my sexual ID to male. I had already 50 messages from guys saying they wanted to F me. then I saw the chat section. now this is why I hate men. LOL. This one guys asked me if I like to party. I responded, did you look at my profile. He responded back, do you enjoy coke. I ignored it. He came back with, let me eat your A the F it. Why are men such pigs. I had another guy say sorry but you look very good as a girl, i will let you suck it. I then deleted my account. I now learned to never sign up using my fb account as it will set me to female based on photo and you cant change it.

Kris_CD
08-25-2017, 01:15 PM
Yup. Just happened to myself. Was just looking for friends. But only guys show.

Used my second Facebook acct

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Just happened to myself. Was just looking for friends. But only guys show.

Used my second Facebook acct

Robertacd
08-25-2017, 01:19 PM
I can't imagine why you would have expected anything less from these chat apps.

ellbee
08-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Ha! This brings back memories...

Back in like the mid- to late-90s, I'd use Yahoo Chat, which was sort of new. Was actually kind of a fun novelty at the time.

Well, one day I decided to create a whole new profile... Femmy user name, chose female as sex, and put up a good pic of me all dolled up. :battingeyelashes:

I was just curious to see what would happen, and if I could pull it off.

All I had to do was simply enter a general chat room, say hi, and BAM! For at least the next 5 or 10 minutes, I'd get constantly bombarded with all these private messages from all these guys. It was crazy, because as I was trying to reply in one window, new ones just kept popping up!

Enter a different chat room? Same thing would happen all over again. Remember, these were not sex-based or CD-based chat rooms, either.

And even if I never uttered a peep in the public room when I first entered, and instead just sat there quietly, some guys would *still* find me & PM me.

Granted, I was, in their minds, from what I could tell, a real female -- and I suppose they treated me as such, as they were not necessarily crude, per se. I guess I looked fairly passable, because no one ever said anything about that, except that they saw my profile pic and that they thought I was pretty/beautiful/sexy/hot/blah blah blah... And then just tried starting conversations with me. Most were kinda lame/boring, but there were always a few that would stand out & pique my interest, and I'd chat with them a bit more, just to see a bit what it was like to live as the other half. Definitely learned a few things, myself, as a guy. ;)

Anyway, it was a pretty overwhelming experience. Kind of flattering, but also kind of scary, intimidating & creepy. This was before I ever went out in public, so it was a bit of a "test" for me. It definitely gave me more confidence to eventually get out there. :thumbsup:

But, yeah... If these guys only knew. :heehee:

I could only imagine what it would be like if these *were* sex-based or CD-based chat rooms. Ugh... :(

Eh, whatever. Boys will be boys.

And men will be men.

jhasmine
08-25-2017, 02:24 PM
sure is scary and intimidating since this chat app was for local people and marked your location on a map. good thing on was on my work wifi when it happened. it put me in Boston. lol

Dana44
08-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Yeah chat rooms can get pretty crazy.

Alice Torn
08-25-2017, 03:13 PM
Sadly, I have found extremely FEW real gentlemen answering my personal ads. ALMOST ALL want to do things i will not do, due to my being health conscious, and having morals and boundries. They almost all want you know what right away, so i have not met any admirers for a long while now, if ever again.

carhill2mn
08-25-2017, 03:22 PM
Many people have learned the hard way that Facebook automatically does some things that you may not like. Obviously, this is true of other sites as well.

Tracy Irving
08-25-2017, 03:24 PM
Eventually the bots take over and the chat rooms get closed down.

Jean 103
08-25-2017, 04:33 PM
I would have expected no less. I have boyfriend's and they are that way. They are guys, easy to predict what they want. If you are looking for someone to chat with online I would start with this site.