PDA

View Full Version : Bought makeup for the first time

Keichan
08-25-2017, 11:37 PM
Hello All,

Just want to share my first makeup shopping experience.

Watched many makeup 101 videos and got a list of what I need.

My first stop was a speciality makeup store at the outlet mall. Walked in only to be completely overwhelmed by the different choices and brands available. And realised the generic item name like "foundation" is written in fine print! Add to that I have no idea what packaging say a foundation comes in!

A friendly SA spotted me and asked if I need help. I told her I just started CD'ing and wanted to get started with makeup. She showed me a starter kit but said for a beginner I'm better off going to the drug store and pick a few things to try first. She even kindly offered to show me what she's got in her personal makeup bag and what brands and colour would work on my skin. I was totally nervous at the point and only took in half the information. But felt more confident because people are not as judgemental as I thought.

Off to the nearest drug store. Again staring blankly at the shelf and trying to remember what was recommended to me and I picked out a few item.

On my list was something called a "setting powder" and no matter how hard I try, I don't see anything called that. Next to me was a beautiful lady trying some eye shadow tester. I went up to her and asked her. She was a little taken back when I said it's for myself but was super friendly and helpful. Gave me a full in tutorial on makeup and brushes too!!! I picked out her recommendations and the remainder of my items.

Now I'm home wondering how these work! But I think I'll save experimenting for another day. I'm spent looking at cosmetics today :)

But wanted to thank the 2 lovely young ladies today that were friendly and helped. :)

kimdl93
08-25-2017, 11:47 PM
I'm glad your shopping experience was positive and constructive. If you feel a bit overwhelmed, just take a step back, let your hearth rate slow down and then step back into the world.

Watch some more tutorials and practice. It gets easier