PDA

View Full Version : The cause of being a cross dresser.

Cherylgyno
08-26-2017, 03:48 PM
If there was an actual cause of why I dressed the first time, I don't know or care. The reason that I have Cross dressed for now over 55years, simple. A cross dresser is who I am.
If there is ever a "cure" for cross dressing I hope that they post a gigantic warning sign. I will avoid the"cure" with everything that I have. If I didn't cross 👗 I would go into a deep depression. If I go a day without dressing my wife will tell me to get dressed because I am not myself.

RADER
08-26-2017, 04:19 PM
My wife knew when I was grumpy; She would say, "go and put your bra on".
She knew that when I came home from a rough day at work, A bra would calm
me down. Later when I retired, she would tell me when I was about to get out
of bed in the morning, "Why don't you put on a dress today"
O' How I miss her, she was my best buddy.
Rader

Dana44
08-26-2017, 04:44 PM
I don't think there will ever be a cure, so no worries. Yeah mine does tell me sometimes when I am grumpy and in drab. to get dressed. But she tell me often enough when I am not in drab clothes.

redtea
08-26-2017, 04:59 PM
my own curious nature is what caused me to stumble into Crossdressing. It started with seeing panties on the floor and then buying some because I didn't want to steal anything from my family. It was this little tiny secret that i kept hidden away in a locked chest but over time it grew to the point where I had to start using shoeboxes and then I just put my stuff on a shelf and put something over it in the saddest attempt at hiding a dark secret

Crossdressing has been my temporary cure for my craving of femininity that every straight man has. Though most men simply get a girlfriend and explore their body and experience their clothes externally. As for me, I cheated the whole game and feminized myself just so my eye balls got to see the sweet visual of a pair of panties covering a butt. I don't even feel too lonely, But I do get a sense of wishing I had a shopping buddy.

When I was little I think I put my feet into my step moms cowgirl boots for a brief moment only to realize that the knee high boots covered my whole leg and I couldn't really walk in them.
When I was 4 years old I did this extremely weird thing where I put a bunch of matchbox cars in my underwear, I vaguely remember thinking how bad it would be to get caught but I guess I was secretly hoping my dad would wake up and play with me.
When I was 4 I also played out in the yard alone, One day I went outside in my underwear.

I guess Crossdressing plays into my exhibitionism which has been around for as long as I remember.

Maria 60
08-26-2017, 05:03 PM
That's funny, when my wife notices I get stressed or grumpy, she tells me to go for a drive. She goes as far as putting the clothes in the car and telling the kids that dad is going out. She tells me she sees a huge difference once I come back from my drives, more focused and calmer . I don't think she wants to hear about a cure. Lol

Teresa
08-26-2017, 06:22 PM
Cheryl,
I needed to know why I had a gut feeling 24/7 for so many years going right back to the age of 8-9 years, now I know i can deal with it, I just about understand it myself and can explain it to others if I need to. I do believe you should care when it can cause problems with the rest of the family.
No there will never be a cure , we are wired this way and have to come to terms with it and live with it. Do I want cure ? Not anymore, I honestly told my wife I do enjoy it now, that female part lurking in the brain can be destructive or it can give us much pleasure if accepted and handled in the right way. Otherwise we do the circuit of counselling to try and find a fix to please other people.

I'm afraid the comment about the gaps between my social meetings being too wide met with disapproval , so we finally decided that we separate because the gap is too wide between my needs and my wife's acceptance level, its never going to get any better, it will always be a problem that will drive us further apart but destroy our lives if we don't .

NancySue
08-26-2017, 07:26 PM
Neither do I think there ever will be a "cure"....we're wired in. I'm with Dana and Rader...sometimes during the day, I'll chat with my (wonderful) wife and she "ESP"s a pressure day. When I get home, I'll find hose, panties, a bra, etc. on the bed and a glass of wine. She knows what works to take the edge off, and I appreciate her.

Fiona123
08-26-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure of the "cause" of crossdressing. My inclination is to think we are hardwired for gender. I do firmly believe that as some say, gender, and sexual preference only works in a binary is pure bunkum. Almost every thing in nature exhibits continuous variation. Why not gender and preference? As for a cure there is really nothing about crossdressing that needs curing.

BLUE ORCHID
08-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Hi Cheryl :hugs:, I have had the best of both worlds for over 70years now and I am too old to change...:daydreaming:...

Lana Mae
08-26-2017, 07:44 PM
At 66, I am rather new to this as far as understanding, but I do not want nor do I think there will ever be a cure! I am enjoying the journey! Hugs Lana Mae

CynthiaD
08-26-2017, 08:02 PM
I've discovered that the cause of my crossdressing is wearing female clothing. That's why I dress fully every day. I want to make sure it never goes away.

marlacd
08-26-2017, 08:19 PM
I'd just rather do it and not sit about speculating on the why behind it. Besides, if it was curable back when my mom was pregnant with me, then I might be different now.

Here's something to ponder on. All embryos are female until the moment of testosterone wash, that changes female to male. Suppose for a moment, that the amount we get determines if we become Cd's, Trans and such. More of, and we don't. Ta da, one cure. Now, Is that cure considered genetic engineering?

Cherylgyno
08-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Blue as of either Tuesday or Thursday both of mine will be pierced.

Dianna_ericka
08-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Hi Girls,
I would like to share my thinking about my causes:
I remember when I was like 4-5 years old that there were at my home some books for children with old stories and draws of decades or centuries ago, and some were related about how people use to dress at those times, and I noticed the difference with current (+40 years ago) and realized that current female cloths covers more or less every possibility, but male's not really, and feel some kind of frustration because I like some styles and garments like tights and boots and some jewerly.
When I was 6-7, I had to dance as a bird at school and my grandmother made a cosplay disguise based in ballet cloths, my mother's contribution were yellow tights which made me feel wired because other boys were not using tights and I received comments from some people that were not kind at all.
On the other hand I remember that when we got back from school that day, my mother told me to change may cloths and I felt sadness because I liked very much the sensation of the tights over my legs and I asked to my mother to wash them and put them on my cloth's drawer becauae I would like to use them as regular socks under my pants.
I understand that day that I will use tights from that day on, but also understand that had to be discret because people doesnot respect this kind of behavior on a boy, but they do on a girl.
My yellow tights disapeared from my drawer and appears on my older sister's, and I recognized that even my mother was not agree with me having my own tights.
A couple of years later I had an accident with my bathroom needs at my grandmother's home, and part of my punishment was that my mother went to a store and bought a very femenine girl panties to use instead of my dirty underwear, and my older sister had a lot of fun after me because of that, but I really enjoy the very delicate, thin, silky and ornamented panties over my skin the whole night that I used as "my punishment".
The combination of panties, tights and ballet cloths from that bird disguise, plus those images from draws on children books made me aware on how much I liked to use such femenine garments, and turn me on to look for this kind of cloths for me. All this, plus jewerly like earrings and bracelets lead me to put all together and the result of this equation is the current feminine attire that I enjoy on me including make up and long hair.
Finally are the colors, we as men are "allowed" to use only a very few of the whole range of colors like blue, gray, black and some dark browns (maybe also some greens), but wemen can use whatever yhey want, and this is totally unfair because in the past there were no availability of some colors that only appear since midle last century or later, therefore I think that there should be for everybody, for me it is like freedom to decide.
Thanks for gave me this opportunity to express this very important part of me.
Huges

Robertacd
08-26-2017, 09:38 PM
It took a long time for me to figure it out but all I ever wanted was my mothers love and approval.

The only way I would ever and could ever be as good and strong of a person as her was to be a woman like her.

Joni T
08-26-2017, 10:54 PM
If a "cure" is ever found I'll kill to be first in line to get it.
Jon

Bobbi46
08-27-2017, 07:22 AM
The cause or reasons for dressing has been churned over before it has been medically recognised that it is a genetic thing (I have a friend who is a Dr and he totally agrees that it down to genetics) how and when the need to dress is triggered depending on the degree of latent femininity before we are born, some feel it from day one others triggered by a genetic clock ticking away waiting for the correct time to bring us out as we are.

Tracy Irving
08-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Imagine a pill for music. Take this pill and your desire for music will go away. Only those who feel some form of guilt or shame from music would consider getting rid of it. Everyone deserves some joy and happiness in their lives and we all find different ways to get it..

It's just clothing. And last I checked, way more legal than walking around naked.

Petra1
08-27-2017, 11:14 AM
I really do think the cause of my dressing was my obsession with breasts. It wasn't until I was in 9th grade that I started experimenting what it was like to do different things with breasts. I would borrow mom's bra and stuff it with rolled up towels, put on my gym clothes, and exercise. Then, I got to the point where I would stay home alone on weekends while the family went camping so I could wear my "breasts" all day. Again, wanted to see what it was like to live with them. And then slowly, over time, I began trying other articles of female clothing.

To do this day, my dressing is partly just a big experiment. Trying different tasks with my DDDs, like house cleaning, lawn mowing, taking out the garbage, returning videos to the video store, driving to my weekend part-time job, etc. Other times, it's about just being dressed for the day while I work from home instead of going into the office.

Micki_Finn
08-27-2017, 02:01 PM
If there is ever a "cure" for cross dressing I hope that they post a gigantic warning sign. I will avoid the"cure" with everything that I have. If I didn't cross �� I would go into a deep depression. If I go a day without dressing my wife will tell me to get dressed because I am not myself.

But in theory if you're "cured" that would mean you would no longer suffer depression from not dressing...

Just saying

Tracii G
08-27-2017, 02:04 PM
I have to wonder when people say if they didn't dress they would go into a deep depression.
I mean you are an adult you know how life works, the difference between right and wrong all that kind of stuff.
If I couldn't dress ever again I would get over it and not fall into a depression. I would still be a female trapped in a male body but I would survive.
I guess I am made of stronger stuff that some people.

Glendy
08-27-2017, 02:27 PM
For me if there was a cure a majic pill or drink to cure my crossdressing, I know I would never take it. I enjoy and love my time dressed in feminine clothing. I know some people probably think it's not normal to be a crossdressor, but I myself think if it isn't normal then why are there alot of us that feel this way and enjoy so much. I'm just talking about the people like me that just enjoy crossdressing and looking like a female, but not wanting to turn into a female. I know the only persons that can understand these feeling are crossdressors like me.

Leslie Mary S
08-27-2017, 05:07 PM
I do not see CDing as a medical illness, It is the results of our individuality, social environment and genetic make-up.
To clam it as an illness is really an attempt to tailor us CDers to that narrow social standard.
If they were to come out with a "cure", be it a pill, solution, or operation, I would pass. I AM ME!
If it became a legal mandate I would become a rebel.
While I am a 'Casual CDer/closest compared to many of you, I still will do my thing MY way. And yes I am SLOWLY, VERY SLOWLY, getting out of my closet again.

Fiona123
08-27-2017, 05:07 PM
Glendy, I completely understand.

Barbara Black
08-28-2017, 06:39 AM
I think my early dressing was due to sexual excitement, dominated by guilt and fear for most of my life. Only now do I realize how it affects me positively, and that I am not harming anyone, especially myself, by being comfortable with dressing, and that's it's a natural part of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Diana, how brave of you to ask your mother to put the yellow tights in your drawer. I wish I had known my true feelings at that age, despite the teasing and ridicule of course. I always hated those horizontally striped shirts, and I think it was just a teaser to boys who wished they could wear more colors than those you mentioned. They were always such garish combinations of black, brown, and red, with white to separate the stripes. Yuck!!

Dianna_ericka
08-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Barbara: thanks for your commwents, I was trying to convince my mother to allow me to have the thights for my use and she never told me "no" but never happend, and ,I was very disapointed when I saw my sister wearing them and then go to be cleaned and return to her again, I went with my mother when she bought for me, and she told me that they were for me.
That made me realize that cloths will be an issue, but for me are just cloths.
I agree with you, if you are not harming anybody, then you have the rigth to dress as you want, and if it makes you happy, please continue doing it.
Huges,

sometimes_miss
08-28-2017, 02:20 PM
If a "cure" is ever found I'll kill to be first in line to get it.
Jon

Uh, no, you wouldn't. Not right now, anyway. The only current way, is ECT, and it appears that only works by destroying whatever memories or thoughts that were part of why you crossdress. Would you really want to be reduced to pretty much an imbecile or a vegetable rather than put up with the desire to crossdress? I wouldn't. Not to mention, often those memories often come back anyway, and you're back where you started, only worse off because you can't think as clearly. I don't know if anything's changed, but I've met people who've undergone that sort of treatment for this. No thank you.

I have to wonder when people say if they didn't dress they would go into a deep depression.
I mean you are an adult you know how life works, the difference between right and wrong all that kind of stuff.
If I couldn't dress ever again I would get over it and not fall into a depression. I would still be a female trapped in a male body but I would survive.

It's different for each of us. I'm in the same situation. I can stop, but it makes me rather frustrated, holding back the desire all the time, and that leads to becoming short tempered and even nasty, forgetful, and yes, somewhat depressed (depression can vary from mildly annoying to complete loss of function). So, why stop? I can be miserable either way.

I do not see CDing as a medical illness, It is the results of our individuality, social environment and genetic make-up.
To clam it as an illness is really an attempt to tailor us CDers to that narrow social standard.
Not exactly an illness, but probably more of a simple variation in gender identity, only it's so disturbing to most uneducated people that it's treated as a horrible disease by them. Once they know where it's coming from, and more importantly, why they feel this revulsion to it, only then can they accept us for who we are. Unfortunately, most people are still stuck mentally in the dark ages, when all they had to help them understand was their religions, which weren't particularly fond of guys who crossdressed. Then of course, we have the typical male feeling that anything feminine is second rate, so we have to battle that too. What I wonder, is, when women will come around to understanding that as long as they feel that a man behaving like a female is a terrible thing, all that they are doing, is insulting themselves at the same time. This, last, I cannot figure out; or do they actually like being considered less smart, less able, less of everything then males? That's the mystery to me.

taylor12
09-01-2017, 01:54 PM
I started crossdressing because of the mind resistance it can give you.

At first i thought mini dresses had advantages

Currently i am trying to get a curvy body exercise like Cardio, Side Leg hung by testosterone hormone i am 24 yrs old

rian
09-02-2017, 07:12 AM
That is exactly why we will never stop crossdressing ...it is a part to keep balance in life ....we are women dressed in men ...

Crystal 42
09-02-2017, 07:26 AM
I agree with Rian. My crossdressing is what gives me a sense of balance. I have no idea how someone who is not a crossdresser functions because I've always felt I had to keep two distinct halves of myself happy. I don't want any cure because I like the sense of perspective being male and female in my mind offers. To bury the female side would be self-destructive as I know from unhappy experience and what sometimes_miss said about getting short tempered and depressed I emphasize with a great deal.

Krisi
09-02-2017, 09:00 AM
My theory is that I dress as a woman because my mother (long gone at this point) was really hoping for a daughter and secretly dressed me as one when I was a baby and no one else was around (she admitted this in a letter she sent to everyone in the family shortly before she passed). She would also make me model dresses she sewed for her nieces when I was five or so. I think I'm somehow trying to be the daughter she always wanted.

That's only my theory for why I dress and I don't really care why anyway. It's not going to make a difference.

As far as a "cure" for crossdressing, there already is one: Don't do it. When you get up in the morning, put on briefs and a T shirt, not a panties and a bra. That's the cure. It's all in your head and under your control. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to dress as a woman.

I typically dress as a woman for several hours most days but if I have something to do as a man, I dress as a man. Being retired, my wife and I sometimes take a trip lasting for a month or two. I don't take my female stuff (except for panties which by now are just underwear) and have no problems, depression, etc. I enjoy what I'm doing and seeing and I'll dress when I get home. If I could never dress again, I would deal with it.

Leslie Mary S
09-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Krisi nice story. You are lucky to have a SO who accepts and supports. I live sort of alone.
I have a friend who shares this home who supports, but all she is a knowing friend, we each do our own thing. She works nights and is busy with her children and grand children. None of my knowing children in this area are supportive. I have one GG 150 miles from here who is an actively supporter.

sarah_hillcrest
09-02-2017, 03:22 PM
I don't think there will ever be an answer to this question, other then what you decide yourself.

I was a somewhat effeminate child and I know I disappointed my Dad, who wanted a boy who would hunt, fish, and fix engines, instead of one who liked to draw, sing and play RPG games. I never wanted to be a girl when I was a boy, but I was always curious about the girl things. I always wondered what slumber parties were like, and what it was like to feel pretty. I also knew that I wasn't suppose to wonder about these things and tried to bury them. As a result I don't think I really ever developed a strong male or female gender.

IleneD
09-02-2017, 10:08 PM
When someone figures it out.......
let me know.

sometimes_miss
09-03-2017, 06:00 AM
I don't think there will ever be an answer to this question,.
That's because there isn't 'an' answer. For some it might be genetic, for some, hormone exposure during development, for others, conditioning at key points in personality development, or who knows what else. It's not something that can be simply assumed to be caused by one, single thing, and that's where the research always goes awry, because they're looking at it as if it were an infectious or degenerative disease state. A big problem that plagues us, is that each researcher, in their hypothesis about what causes it, assumes that there is only ONE cause. Then, when faced with a person who does not fit their hypothesis, they seem to abandon their research, assuming that the idea must be wrong. Instead, they should continue and see if the hypothesis fits at least some crossdressers. And then try to see what ELSE can cause it.

It's odd; pretty much everyone agrees with the old phrase, 'There's more than one way to skin a cat', but lose that understanding when faced with something they don't yet comprehend.

Teresa
09-03-2017, 06:31 AM
Krisi,
I'm not sure if I agree with you saying you are under control, I don't mean the pink fog but something much deeper, it's a strong driving force and at times impossible to control. That's why we have to see counsellors and start to transition to varying degrees . Not to put the clothes on is not a cure it's the window to World of how some of us feel inside, dressing helps to subdue GD and provides a degree of balance to our needs .

DMichele
09-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Cheryl,
I will leave determining the 'cause' of crossdressing (and gender dysphoria) to the medical science world. I only hope they fine convincing evidence that makes us normal; and that the public is educated accordingly. Of course it will take another generation or more for John & Jane Doe to accept us.

giuseppina
09-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Hello Cheryl

I read some of the articles found in the professional journals from time to time; what I've read is the sperm determines the sex of the genitals and nothing more. Everything else appears to be side effects. At the moment, I'm wading through a piece on the effects of testosterone or the lack thereof in utero on mice. It seems that male mice that don't get enough T to fully throw the switch from female to male tend to be effeminate. It remains to be seen if this translates to other animals, including Homo sapiens.

As for a cure, I'm inclined to think there would be so many side effects, possibly life threatening, that leaving myself the way I am would be the safer route.

Sarah Doepner
09-03-2017, 01:22 PM
I really try to avoid using the word "Cure" when discussing crossdressing. It is not a disease or a disorder in and of itself. Neither is it a "lifestyle choice" as some want their followers to believe. Crossdressing is a response to something else as is the negative view of crossdressing held by many in our society.

My opinion, is this; The cause is being human, and there is a normal variation in how we view our gender identity. Most humans register pretty much at one end of the scale or the other and it tends to agree with their physical form. The rest of us are somewhere else on the scale and depending on how far off it is from where we are physically it can cause discomfort or dysphoria. We can "self-medicate" with a non-toxic substance called clothing and attempt to bring that image in the mirror in line with our self image. If this works we are crossdressers. If it doesn't work and we need to modify our body to find that balance, we begin to transition from one physical state to another, including but not limited to hair removal, hormone changes and surgery.

It is not a process of being cured but presents an opportunity to become more aware of ones self, particularly in the context of gender.

Paula_56
09-04-2017, 10:49 AM
FWIW

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150213112317.htm

Stephanie47
09-04-2017, 12:29 PM
I reach seven full decades on this planet this year and I still wonder about the cause of my desire to wear women's clothing. Over the years on this forum I've read posts of little boys yearning to be girls, dressed in girl clothing by family members, and, so on. Me? I was never dressed up for fun or punishment by my mother or anybody. I did not have a sister until I was almost twelve. My first foray into my mother's garments was her white full slips which she hung to dry in the sole bathroom in our apartment. I was drawn to the feel of the nylon fabric. It felt like none of my clothes. I fondled her slips and finally I decided to try one on. There was no sexual motivation. No desire to become a girl or a woman. When puberty came around, yes, there was a sexual component. But, then again didn't every teenage boy have some sort of sexual motivation?

It still does not answer the question of why? A counselor I have conversations with for reasons other than cross dressing (war related PTSD) is of the opinion each person has some level of DNA of the opposite gender. Some have more than others. That sounds plausible. It use to bug the crap out of me trying to figure this all out. Several decades ago I came to realize I did not have a problem with myself. The problems arise because others have problems accepting someone who is different than themselves. I know men and women who have issues with gays and lesbians and transgender men and women. Watch any CNN lately? I know men and women who do not like any people of "color." Or who do not practice the same religion as themselves. Or the same denomination within their religion. Yes, there is a "cure" for cross dressing. It is called "acceptance of self." I may have to deal with people who do not like cross dressers and transgender men and women, but, I no longer have to deal with myself.

penny lace
09-05-2017, 07:02 AM
We are what we are what is an issue with us is what society accepts as normal.
Girls can be tomboys wearing jeans and jumpers and rejecting feminine attire and that is fine. A boy wants to wear a dress and 'feminine' under wear and well we all no the response that engenders.
Similarly in to adulthood women can dress in male clothing and still be totally accepted. A guy the other way is considered a freak or something to be laughed at.
No cause just our nature :bighug:

Sometimes Steffi
09-05-2017, 08:19 PM
There was a time in my life that I would have gladly taken the cure, but at that time I didn't even know the word crossdresser. I only heard the word gay (well it was a different word then, which is now considered a pejorative).

Now that I'm happily out to myself, and have a large group of like-minded friends, there's no way I would take the cure.

Susan Smokes
09-19-2017, 03:36 PM
I don't know what the cause for me is. Maybe one day I will figure it out. All I know is I am enjoying being a Cross dresser no matter what the cause is.

Alice B
09-19-2017, 04:58 PM
A cure does not exist because it is not a disease and never has been. Even though for years doctors thought it was. Now they know better.

Kayliedaskope
09-19-2017, 05:31 PM
If you ask fifty different cross dressers what is the cause of their cross dressing, you will receive fifty shades of CD'ing. (OMG, did I really just type that???) Many of us have similar stories: started as a kid, a relative's intimates ...and so on. Other will have different reasons (relaxing, comfortable, softness, etc.). There are as many answers as there are CD'ers, and more often than not, even more questions. Is there a cure? I don't know. To be fair, I don't care a whole lot if there is. I just want to be able to be me ...ALL of me, whether that person is male, female, or somewhere along the spectrum in between.

Ginni
09-20-2017, 09:09 AM
Cross dressing is a compulsion. It is like I have two different personalities. When I dress I feel wonderful. I love make-up, jewelry, and high heels. They make me feel fantastic. Because of that I don't want a cure. Why am I this way I don't know. I believe I was born this way. I started dressing at an early age. Started with nylons and heels and progressed to full dress. I love it!

missjoann
09-20-2017, 11:02 AM
For me it all started when I was a child, maybe 2 or 3 yrs of age thanks to my mother. I was an only child and she had always wanted a girl...so whenever my dad wasn't home (he worked a lot of nights) she would dress me and everyday after school she would have clothes laid out for me to wear..now at the ripe old age of 70 it is what I do and enjoy it and my wife is very supportive of me

CONSUELO
09-20-2017, 11:22 AM
As Cheryl said, we don't really know the cause of us being cross dressers. Most of us can point to a key incident in early life, or we remember certain traits and interests that set us a little apart from our male peers. I have been dressing up for most of my life and being a cross dresser or for me, being a fetishistic transvestite, is a large part of who I am. It is an integral part of me and to try to "cure" it would mean ripping out a big part of what I am.

Some charlatans will say we can be "cured" but cured of what. They did the same for some poor homosexuals. Some people just like others to conform. Well to heck with them I say.

sometimes_miss
09-21-2017, 01:31 AM
Cross dressing is a compulsion. It is like I have two different personalities. When I dress I feel wonderful. I love make-up, jewelry, and high heels. They make me feel fantastic. Because of that I don't want a cure. Why am I this way I don't know. I believe I was born this way. I started dressing at an early age. Started with nylons and heels and progressed to full dress. I love it!
While you may feel that you are 'compelled' to do it, it is not known to be a compulsion, for, while this may change, at present it does not respond to any known treatments for OCD.

PertyX
09-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Hello all,

I can only offer my own story; I'm sure aspects of it will resonate with some of you.

I've been quite imaginative and open minded for several years. Just lately my wife's sex drive has reduced so much that we rarely have sex, and dressing for me seems to be a way of keeping a connection with feminine glamour...

I'm probably over analysing the situation! Mainly I just do it because it's so naughty and exciting... X

Tina_gm
09-21-2017, 04:24 PM

I think that those of us who feel a true presence within us are actually more likely to survive the never dress again scenario. I certainly enjoy wearing female clothing, and it does bring a sense of calm relaxation. I've never experienced so strong of an urge to bring about depression or when changing back to make clothing, then again I may just be not quite as far on the fem side, and of you ask my wife she doesn't seem to feel I've got much masculinity at all. And I don't relate much to men, much more to women, but dressing really has never been a end all be all for me. (Shrug)

Lucy Lou
09-21-2017, 08:14 PM
I first started in my teens. I don't know what the exact thought process was the first time I dressed, but as the years have gone by it has happened more and more often. If I haven't dressed for a few weeks I start feeling desperate to do so. When I know I can dress in the evening I feel excited all day and when I start getting ready I feel so good. When I am finished I feel real and happy.

It feels so right and I actually feel more normal than I ever do dressed like a man. The stockings and suspenders, the makeup, the heels, the jewelry, the wig, the parfume and the dress all make sense. I love the sensation and wouldn't stop ever because cross dressing is a very important part of my life and completes me. It makes me feel beautiful.

Lacey New
09-22-2017, 01:25 AM
I joined this forum several years ago hoping to find the answer to the question. It sounds as if we all have theories, I even have my own but wea are all in the same boat - none of us know for sure

Bobbi46
09-22-2017, 05:14 AM
Oh yes we do, I have a Dr friend and by the way he also lectures at The Faculty of Medicine attached to the University hospital near here, and one day I was discussing gender differences and he told me that it was medically acknowledged that it is a genetic thing occurring whilst we are still in the womb. it is not a choice we suddenly make one day. It is our destiny that one of us will turn out gay, lesbian, bi sexual trans gender and all of the rest of the sexual differences.
None of choose to suddenly do this or that we are all born to be what we subsequently turn into.

Lucy Lou
09-22-2017, 06:44 AM
That would explain a lot. Makes sense. So none of us can help it. Good to know. You are what you are. Lucy

NicoleScott
09-22-2017, 06:44 AM
It is our destiny that one of us will turn out gay, lesbian, bi sexual trans gender and all of the rest of the sexual differences.

Bobbi, that doesn't address the OP topic (the cause of being a crossdresser). Sure, males who identity as women want their presentation to conform to their identity (but is that crossdressing?). There are among us many men who always identify as men, even when crossdressed. No identity issues, no gender dysphoria, just guys who like to dress up occasionally. The crossdressing gene hasn't been found.

Kayliedaskope
09-22-2017, 01:15 PM
The crossdressing gene hasn't been found.

I believe that would be more commonly known as the Gloria Vanderbilt gene ..... oh, wait, wrong gene :p

Mickitv
09-22-2017, 04:06 PM
At this stage of my life I am trying to enjoy dressing and accept it more rather than try to figure out why. Although I have spent an enormous amount of brain cells trying to figure out why, when I should have used those brain cells for deciding on what particular heels I should buy.

Kayliedaskope
09-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Well, Micki, the heels you chose for your avatar picture are quite nice, indeed. :)