PDA

View Full Version : Will the dogs know?

Jenn A116
08-27-2017, 09:27 AM
So, we are dog sitting for a week. Our two favorite grand-dogs are staying with us while their humans are off on vacation. We do this often and really enjoy the puppies.

But, to the point of this post, do you think they would react differently to me in girl mode rather than guy mode (which is how they've only ever seen me)? Obviously nobody knows these puppies but I'd be interested in any experience you've had with your pets. Did they recognize you dressed?

marlacd
08-27-2017, 09:35 AM
No. Dogs go more by smell. They could care less about what you're wearing.

Tracii G
08-27-2017, 09:37 AM
They can smell you so they know who you are.
My cats just looked at me like oh well he is in tranny mode.
My miniature red Pomeranian wasn't fooled.

Teresa
08-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Jenna,
The first time my dog saw me dressed she barked because she didn't recognise me, at the time I posted a thread saying my dog flattered me, if I can fool her I can fool anyone ! OK that's wishful thinking .

As for puppies well they are learning all the time, the point to be aware of is many fabrics used in women's clothing snag easily so little sharp teeth and sharp little claws can do some damage !

Dana44
08-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Both cats and dogs know us by smell and other stuff. They will recognize you when you come back. Our cats do not have a problem, seeing me in fem clothes. They are just as loving. What is funny I thought cats were dumb but I read on intelligence that cats have brain neurons like us. And more neurons than dogs. Like a lot more. So dogs are not as smart as cats but they have far more empathy than humans. We have a maine coon cat and it is like a dog in mannerisms and greeting you at the door and stuff like that. It is a very large cat.

Teri Ray
08-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Dogs don't care how you are dressed. Least mine don't.

Jenn_8B
08-27-2017, 11:56 AM
They may or may not react. Many years ago when I had a dog, I put on a full face mask hat to go shovel snow. When the dog saw me, he freaked out, barking and growling. For some reason he didn't like the mask. Could that happen with clothes?????????????????

jack-ie
08-27-2017, 12:11 PM
My dog reacts no differently when I'm dressed. I did make her promise not to out me to the neighbor dog next door. They gossip through the back fence all the time.

Ressie
08-27-2017, 12:37 PM
True, dogs sense of smell is very strong. But if these dogs don't know you I wouldn't be too sure.

I had an Australian Shepard once that never seemed to recognize me even though I was never en fem! That breed is known to be a one owner dog and my ex was the owner. But the dog was living in my house! The dog I have now knows me no matter how I'm dressed.

Ceera
08-27-2017, 12:39 PM
I've known dogs that acted oddly around people wearing hats or masks that make them look 'not human' to the dog, or perhaps they think the hat is a small animal attacking the human's head.

My experience has been that as long as they can see a human face and a normal head shape, they may recognize major visual identification traits for people they know well, but they still go by your scent to be certain which specific human they are looking at. Dogs I own know me on sight. Dogs I have met several times need to sniff me to know it is me.

The first time my current dog saw me fully dressed, with breast forms and a long wig, it was several months after my wife had died. When he saw "a long haired female human (me), too large to be his little girl (my daughter)" inside our home, he got happy and excited for a moment, apparently thinking his deceased Mistress had somehow returned. He calmed down as soon as he sniffed me and recognized my scent.

I suspect that your visiting puppies will get your scent as soon as they arrive in your home, and after that, even if you are fully dressed and wearing perfume, they will know you by your scent.

alwayshave
08-27-2017, 02:48 PM
My dog acts the same towards me dressed or not. She is a lap dog and wants to be in my lap no matter my presentation. She is 5.5 pounds of fury.

debbeelee1
08-27-2017, 03:05 PM
My one dog, the dumb one, doesn't act differently when I'm dressed. The other one is much more excited and jumps on my legs, running my hose. She never does that when I'm in male mode.

Lana Mae
08-27-2017, 04:05 PM
My dog just looks at me like, "What now dad?" Lays back down and pays no more attention than if i were in male mode! I am glad because I was initially wprried she would bark at the female stranger in her house! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Pumped
08-27-2017, 04:47 PM
It could go either way. One dog we had would not come close to me if I was wearing a ball cap, God only knows what would happen if I was wearing a dress!

DIANEF
08-27-2017, 04:47 PM
I have three cats, none of them really care as long as they get fed.

Fiona123
08-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Dogs know everything, but are usuall

- - - Updated - - -

Usually discreet.

BarbraAnne
08-27-2017, 05:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNjUUM52SpA
Watch how a dog loves you no matter how you dress.

Nikki A.
08-27-2017, 06:21 PM
My one dog acted no differently, the other one would at first look confused but then would act mormal after he sniffed me

Maria 60
08-27-2017, 06:25 PM
Our last dog would run from me and go hide and be scared when I would dress. Our dog now doesn't even notice or act any different at all.

abby054
08-27-2017, 06:34 PM
The cat treats me exactly the same regardless of what I am wearing. He is the most affectionate cat that I have ever known. He recognizes me en femme just as quickly and with the same reaction as when I am in drab.

Jenn A116
08-27-2017, 07:11 PM
Appreciate all the responses here. I guess there's only one way to know for sure with our grand-dogs.

nikkiwindsor
08-27-2017, 07:30 PM
The first time my dogs (2) saw me dressed they absolutely freaked out...barking, hair raised, backing up away from me - let's just say they didn't recognize me at all. Over time (talking to the dogs and getting closer to them - not too close since I'm afraid of being bit), one of them has become a little more comfortable seeing me. Now, the other dog just keeps barking...she's high strung little thing to begin with and seeing a "stranger" in the house doesn't help. I always thought that for dogs smell was more important than sight...but, that's certainly not the reality one of my dogs.

Sometimes Steffi
08-27-2017, 08:15 PM
I think that at least some dogs know. Even though they only see in black and white, some are definitely visual. But, not to worry; they won't tell. I haven't yet met a dog who is verbal.

Joni T
08-28-2017, 12:13 AM
They don't care HOW you are, only WHO you are.
Jon

Danitgirl1
08-28-2017, 06:28 AM
My dog got very confused the fisrts time he saw me en femme.
He still sometimes looks at me abit askance when he first sees me, until he figures it out.
This may now be to some confusion between me and my spouse as we sometimes share clothes and the smell may be different?
I can guarantee you the dog will NOT out you to anyone. They are very discreet that way :-)
The cat though??? Wouldn't trust her at all!!!
;-)

GretchenM
08-28-2017, 06:57 AM
I dog sat for my daughter once and it was just Indy and me. When I dressed, came out and sat on the couch, Indy watched me very closely with a bit of a puzzled look. She gazed at me for a minute or two, got up off her bed, came over for a few sniffs, and went back to her bed and laid down watching me for a few minutes and then fell asleep. It was like, "I really don't understand people. I like them a lot, but I just don't understand." Gads, I wished she could have told me what she thought. It might be illuminating to hear the perspective of another species that is so close to us. Instead, all we can do is wonder.

XemmaX
08-28-2017, 07:25 AM
im pretty doggos will sniff your crutch whatever you got on!!

Nikkilovesdresses
08-28-2017, 11:19 AM
I lived in a cold climate and had a favourite black hat which I wore every day. The first day I changed it for a red one my dear border collie charged at me barking till he got close enough to see it was me. So yes, it's possible that a dog might react to a change of clothing, but he will adapt very quickly.

Unlike a large number of humans, who are clearly far less intelligent.

Barbara Jo
08-28-2017, 10:09 PM
I think that at least some dogs know. Even though they only see in black and white, some are definitely visual. But, not to worry; they won't tell. I haven't yet met a dog who is verbal.

Actually, dogs are just partially color blind. Red is one of the colors that they can not see.
A dog's color field consists mostly of yellows, blues, and violets.

Anyway, some dogs are indeed more visually oriented than others .
I had a black lab mix that spotted my car from a block away when he got loose one day .
There was no traffic so I stopped as my dog came running up to the car.... wagging its tale and all excited.... as if to just say hello.
However he was not quite ready to come back home and quickly ran off.
About an hour latter, he was back in his dog coup where he knew there would be water for him .

He was an exceptionally smart dog though and he did not seem to mind if he saw me "dressed".

I also had a cat at the same time and the only thing he cared about was being fed, LOL. :)

Tracy Irving
08-28-2017, 10:51 PM
The only thing my dog knows is when I am doing a photo shoot and how to bomb it.

Barbara Jo
09-09-2017, 08:50 PM
BTW, I forgot to mention......

I must have been about 3 yeas old in 1950 when I saw my mom for the first time with full late '40 s - early 50s style make up.
I was absolutely horrified and hysterical..... I had no idea what happened to my mom.

I eventually learned that was the night that my mom an dad were going to some sort of a formal affair.... some sort of a banquet .

So, dogs and cats might not be the only thing to be concerned about. :)

Maria Blackwood
09-09-2017, 11:10 PM
Dogs know everything. The cats tell them.

lingerieLiz
09-10-2017, 11:18 PM
While our dogs may know us I did notice that my dog years ago checked me out trying to figure what was going on. It may have been the perfume. After a few more times of seeing me in total fem mode he just looked up and went back to sleep.

Sarah Doepner
09-11-2017, 07:36 PM
My last dog did a double take the first time she saw me as Sarah. After I talked to her for a moment she knew who I was and never reacted any differently after that. But that first double take was something I wish I had on video because it was classic.

Elizabethcdt
09-12-2017, 01:05 AM
I totally agree that dogs rely on smell much more, but my dog flipped out the first time I dressed and had a wig on. Once she heard my voice though she instantly knew it was me and just went back to her business of being a goofy pup. Now when I dress she just looks at me like "you're doing that again?" 😂

BrendaPDX
09-12-2017, 08:10 AM
One of our cats freaked out and ran away, the other two took in stride. They will get to know you, at least with cats they only care about being fed.