PDA

View Full Version : Met a Jehovah's Witness in the bar

Jean 103
08-28-2017, 03:59 PM
Last night (Sunday) I'm at the bar after spending the weekend at my Best friends house. I was only going to play a few practice game's and go home. My friend Jonathon shows up , wants to play pool so I stay. I win and this guy challenges the table and wants to play for money. I say no, I only play for fun. So it's on, I'm not doing well and it looks like I'm going to lose. Then I get an opportunity and run the table, then bank the eight. His girlfriend tells him you just got schooled. There is a couple at the bar watching, the girl says something, I say I get lucky sometimes. My friend says don't believe her, she is a shark. I introduce myself, and we talk about girl stuff. All this is normal for me like no big deal. She then looks me like in the eye and says ,we are Jehovah's Witness . I don't even bat an eye. This I guess surprised her. I told her why should that matter we are just people having a conversation. They both agreed.

At the other end of the bar are some of my friends. I move down and sit next to Denise, her boyfriend is sitting on the other side of her. She has some incredible tragedy in her life right now. Her son in law was just murdered, and the funeral was Saturday. It was a five hour drive and I had to work so I couldn't attend. Her Best friend , who is also a friend of mine, attended a funeral the same day for her grandmother so couldn't attend eather. I told her again if there was anything I could do to help please don't hesitate to ask. The point of this part of the story, she knew nothing of the discussion i had before with the couple. We got into a brief discussion on the belief in God. I don't talk about politics or religion, but I made an exception for my friend. I would like to thank God for waterproof mascara, as I had tears running down my face.

Alice Torn
08-28-2017, 04:15 PM
We are all unique individuals, no matter what religion, or beliefs, and tolerance of differences in politics or religion goes a long way, in this hyper intolerant time we are in! Good for you!

Erica Skifishski
08-28-2017, 04:21 PM
Jehovah's Witness?
Sorry, I wasn't there at the time.

Sorry, I had to ;)

Robertacd
08-28-2017, 04:23 PM
A JW in a BAR? And shooting pool?

No JW I have known would ever be doing either of those things.

Except for my wife, who is a recovering JW.

Dana44
08-28-2017, 04:26 PM
I never knew a JW going to a bar and shooting poll. Pretty amazing.

Erica Skifishski
08-28-2017, 04:28 PM
I had to read it twice, but pretty sure the gambling pool player was a different person --- JW's were sitting at the bar watching the match; I think.

Micki_Finn
08-28-2017, 04:29 PM
Oh the JWs don't have a problem with drink. It's the Moromons that refrain from alcohol. My uncle used to dscrive his meetings at the Kingdom Hall like they were singles parties.

Jean 103
08-28-2017, 04:45 PM
The JW were just drinking beer and watching. They did not try and preach or anything like that. They were just acting like any other couple. She did say that she has seen me there before. As I have said before I don't dress to blend. I am use to people staring at me, it doesn't bother me at all.

docrobbysherry
08-28-2017, 07:17 PM
Poor Denise!:sad:

Jean 103
08-28-2017, 07:54 PM
Yes she is devastated. I walked them home and stayed for an hour then went home. She is a very dear friend and a good pool player.

Nikkilovesdresses
08-29-2017, 07:23 AM
I'm struggling to see what this has to do with crossdressing, apart from the mention of waterproof mascara?

NicoleScott
08-29-2017, 08:20 AM
I hope the JW's didn't get too tipsy and cause a wreck on their way home. Bicycle repair is expensive.

Jean 103
08-29-2017, 09:15 AM
The reason for the post is to show that I'm living openly as a transgender person. I could have mentioned that I had spent the weekend at my Best friends house. That morning I had fixed the door handle on her truck. Afterwards we went shopping and had lunch. That she had spotted at goodwill a pair of shoes she wanted me to see. I bought those and two other pair. Saturday night there was a band and we danced the night away. I saw this girl wearing a blouse that I really liked. I found one almost just like it next door at Fallas. Talked about what i wore that day, or how nice everyone was to me.281412281413281414