PDA

View Full Version : Owning It

Lisa Roberts
09-08-2017, 07:33 AM
An amazing thing has happened in my life in the past seven days. I have always been tentative on public around others especially men as I present myself as being somewhat feminine. Last week, I visited a club in Buffalo totally En Femme (MIAD). As I approached the club I almost cut and ran. But I heard myself say out loud "Own it Lisa". At which time I proudly enter the club not as a man, but totally Lisa. It didn't hurt that I got whistle that as I walked through the parking lot! (See Thread "Telling the Truth"). This morning as I left the gym, I went to home depot for some hurricane supplies. My workout clothes are definitely feminine. As I entered Home Depot, it was very busy and I almost turned and walked away but again, I said aloud "Own it Lisa". And I did. I feel as though I have truly found myself, the real true soul of myself and it really is a woman. We have family coming from the eastern coast of Florida to stay with us through the hurricane and I was quietly lamenting how it will affect my dressing. But I realized, that I can be just as feminine inside and out no matter what I wear. Don't get me wrong, the women's clothes complete me. I have also spent a lot more time on this forum enjoying the advice and stories from girls like me. I just want to thank everyone so much for being a valuable part of my life and helping make me who I am. Sweet, peaceful, vulnerable and "Owning It" !!
Lace and Smiles,
Lisa

bridget thronton
09-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Thanks for sharing - hope all are safe from Irma this weekend

Aunt Kelly
09-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Bravo, Lisa! It's easier than you expected, right? And the satisfaction is of an entirely different type and scale.

Hugs

Kelly

Stacy Darling
09-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Owning it is something which one only knows once they have been there!
It may not be there next time it is required, but closer than further away!
Owning who you are is priceless! Absolutely priceless!

Stacy!

Pat
09-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Awesome! Inner pep talks have power -- when I have a crisis of confidence, I repeat my mantra: "You asked for this life. It was granted you. Now you have to live it." and push on. If you are your best self, you can't help but have the best effect on the world around you. Congratulations.

Alice Torn
09-08-2017, 10:02 AM
It is good to have confidence, but always be a little vigilant, also.We have some stories of bad actors now and then.

Dana44
09-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Indeed owning it helps a lot. It will get easier. I go as a non binary many times in fem clothes. and sometimes as dressed up as I can with makeup. It is all good.

docrobbysherry
09-08-2017, 11:50 AM
"Owning it"? It, what? What does that really mean?:brolleyes:

That u like fem clothes? That u like going out dressed? That u feel like a female? That u r a female inside? That u don't care if folks see u as a MIAD?:straightface:
Please excuse me. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. If "owning it" means u enjoy your life more now, Lisa? I'm happy for u!
I'm just trying to figure out if I've ever "owed it", yet?:battingeyelashes:

Jenny22
09-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Owning it = you made a decision to do something and you Are going to do it, come hell or high water (sorry, to high water victims). Maybe better said," Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"

kimdl93
09-08-2017, 12:24 PM
good for you. I'm glad you found the force!

Lisa Roberts
09-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Thank you Jenny22. Perfect definition.
Lisa.

Nikki A.
09-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Good for you. It does get easier once you "own it".

Teresa
09-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Lisa,
I never thought I would reach this reach this stage but now I have it does feel good. OK I'm fully dressed , I don't do MIAD I'm not sure which takes more courage but it's not for me anyway. The only problem to watch is you don't start to become complacent , but I know for everyday I will have to tone things down a little .

suzanne
09-08-2017, 07:09 PM
My favorite thing to do is to just say "Sod it. I'm owning this." and just get out there. I find it soooooo liberating to not be burdened by thought of who might be thinking what. And a cool breeze on freshly waxed legs under a light skirt is just about as good as it gets.

IleneD
09-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Thanks for sharing this, Lisa.
Love reading stories, OTHER stories, of building confidence about being Yourself. Own It, is an appropriate mantra.

Laura912
09-09-2017, 07:55 AM
" But I realized, that I can be just as feminine inside and out no matter what I wear. "

Such a great truth in a simple statement.

Jodie_Lynn
09-09-2017, 08:32 AM
This video of a TedX talk by CiCi says it all:

Own it!

https://youtu.be/fw30yjccnD4