PDA

View Full Version : My 1,000th post

Jenny22
09-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Yes, number 1,000! How time flies!

Ladies and GGs, I just need to tell all of you how much this forum has meant to me! Even at my advanced age, and though a life-long CDer (now a TG), I have learned sooooo much from your experiences, advice and comments, and answers to my many questions. My confidence in my girl-self has been boosted so much! If you remember any of my posts, you'll recall how much I owe to forum sister Lauren Richards, my mentor, my enabler and friend.

In return, I've tried to pass along my own knowledge and experiences of my CDing by way of 'how to do simple things' that worked for me and what I've grown to enjoy over the years and could work for 'you'.

I only hope that my posts have not been boring. One thousand is a lot.

Hugs and love to all my forum sisters!

Jenny22

Lisa Roberts
09-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Wow! Congrats!!
Love this Forum.
Lisa

Lydianne
09-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Great! :thumbsup: And in quite a short amount of time :banana:.

And may you learn, inspire and entertain equally as much in the next one thousand and beyond :) .

- Lydianne.

krissy
09-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Congrats Jenny

This site has help me also im an older cd I was so lost till i found this place plan on being here from now on:hugs:

Littlebee
09-08-2017, 04:43 PM
uhuuuuu!!! congratz!!! :battingeyelashes:

docrobbysherry
09-08-2017, 05:26 PM
1000 posts is "a lot", Jenny? Now, I feel old! Really old!:doh:

alwayshave
09-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Jenny, Congrats on 1000.

kimdl93
09-08-2017, 05:50 PM
1000 posts is "a lot", Jenny? Now, I feel old! Really old!:doh:

you can imagine how I feel!

Celee
09-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Congrats! Here's to a 1000 more.

IleneD
09-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Jenny,

Thanks for sharing this and congratulations on the milestone.
I know that a few of those 1000 Posts were launched my way over the last year. You've been a source of wise counsel and sound advice. Your own experiences and ability to see things fro new perspectives has been instructive and helpful.

Happy Milestone. Hugs all the way. I shall be in touch with you too.
[Sounds like I should be to know and befriend your friend, Lauren Richards.]

T Gram
09-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Congrats Jenny!!

BLUE ORCHID
09-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Hi Jenny :hugs:, Congratulations, this forum is a place where we can all help each other understand the depths of this program
that is so much a big part of our lives.

What ever your questions there is a 99.875 % chance that one or more of us will have an answer for you
I know in my almost nine years I have sure learned a lot. >Orchid ...:daydreaming:...

Lydianne
09-09-2017, 05:51 AM
What ever your questions there is a 99.875 % chance that one or more of us will have an answer for you
I know in my almost nine years I have sure learned a lot. >Orchid ...:daydreaming:...

. . . And whatever dead end you think you might have brought the word-chain game into, there is a 99.875% chance that Blue Orchid will be able to retrieve it out. Feel free to try . . no kidding! :winkp:.

One of those things learnt in those 9 years is a thesaurus-like vocabulary :tongueout.

Beverley Sims
09-09-2017, 07:39 AM
Jenny,
No one can take that away from you.
It is nice to achieve that milestone, as you see some of us have more and been here longer but it is the help and support that you have given others that counts.

My only milestone was to post the millionth post on this forum some time ago.

Keep enjoying life and may you be here for many more posts.

Fiona123
09-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Well done!

joank
09-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Two thumbs up to you.

sometimes_miss
09-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Ah, yes, post counts. It means oh, so much, right? It's so very important to have lots more posts than the next person. Right. After all, that's why they're listed here, to imply wisdom or fame or something. I wish they'd eliminate it all. Way too many people think it makes them look important or special somehow, so we wind up with tons of useless 'me too' posts. I see it all over the forums I'm on. I often wonder how much bandwidth (and storage) is being wasted due to this. Maybe I'll try the 'me too' thing to see if I can get my post count up to 100,000 sooner than the rest, because then I'll be a internet star!

Ahhh, feel free to zero mine out at any time. It means nothing.

sterusjon
09-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Jenny,

Congrats on the milestone.

Relatively speaking my post count is not much . I do appreciate those of you that have logged a significant number. Lord knows, if you all depended on me this venue would be a dessert. I even appreciate the almost trivial entries as it shows that there is someone out there listening, caring. Most people, I suppose, don't enjoy talking to themselves, only.

My thanks to all of you out there that participate. I am not nearly as extroverted as I would like, so I struggle to hold up my end. I'll try to do a little better and see if I can get to 100 without an over-abundance of the "me, too" postings. :heehee:

Stephanie

Sara Jessica
09-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Congrats Jenny on your staying power!!! :)

Ah, yes, post counts. It means oh, so much, right?

I don't think it matters in terms of having more posts than the next person. However, I like seeing the post-count number next to a comment by someone I might not be familiar with. It helps tell me how much salt I'll need as I read what they write.

IleneD
09-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Talking about Milestones, Merits and Membership......
How does one migrate from "Aspiring Member", to (Full) "Member", and even Platinum Member of the forum? What are the standards of achievement and where are those posted? (I looked in the rules section). And WHO assigns or designates the Membership status?

Lana Mae
09-09-2017, 05:03 PM
The count helps you view how far your journey has taken you! And as far as "me, too!" that is representative of the sharing that takes place here which possibly can not be found elsewhere! Lax up a little! Everyone is at a different level and their journey is different than yours! They may need that "me, too!" thing to help them move on! Remember we all started some where and we are here to help each other! Hugs Lana Mae

Dana44
09-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Congratulates Jenny. 100 thousand posts and going strong

Tina Davis
09-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Congrats Jenny on the milestone!

Ilene, you can change your own status if you want, go to edit your profile and you will see it there. I'm not sure if there is any "standard" for changing, it's a question for the site admins.

Jeri Ann
09-09-2017, 10:39 PM
The count helps you view how far your journey has taken you! And as far as "me, too!" that is representative of the sharing that takes place here which possibly can not be found elsewhere! Lax up a little! Everyone is at a different level and their journey is different than yours! They may need that "me, too!" thing to help them move on! Remember we all started some where and we are here to help each other! Hugs Lana Mae

I guess I'm too busy journeying to write much. My post rate is only .22 per day. Lol

Jaymees22
09-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Congrats, I made it to 1,000 and then got lazy. Try not to do that. Jaymee

AmyVanessa
09-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Hi, Jenny.
Congrats on hitting the 1000 post mark!!#

OCCarly
09-12-2017, 12:25 AM
OMG Jenny, you are transitioning? I am so happy for you! BTW, congrats on reaching 1000 posts. I'm a little less than halfway there, I think.

Jenny22
09-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Carly, I'm not transitioning... too old to even think about it. <grin>