PDA

View Full Version : My phone doesn't recognise me.

Jane G
09-09-2017, 01:41 PM
Recently I set the security on my mobile to use face recognition, it works rather well. :) I have dressed a few times since and some what surprised, that when I have my makeup on, my phone does not recognise me.

Micki_Finn
09-09-2017, 02:45 PM
That seems like really terrible facial recognition. If it doesn't recognize you with makeup, then it likely also wouldn't recognize women with makeup on. Facial recognition uses fascial dimensions and proportions, which shouldn't be affected by cosmetics.

Kayliedaskope
09-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Suggestion: get a clown mask, have the phone recognize that .......... :p

Dana44
09-09-2017, 05:12 PM
I would use finger print information to open it That does not change.

grace7777
09-09-2017, 05:17 PM
I have the face recognition feature on my phone, but when I tried it, it did not work Well. The finger print recognition has worked very well for me.

Tracy Irving
09-09-2017, 06:27 PM
I agree with the other recommendations to switch to fingerprint recognition. I have never had a problem with it.

Stephanie Nicole
09-10-2017, 07:13 AM
I use a combination of Pin and Fingerprints and never had a problem, I did use facial recognition one time and found that it was spotty at best and didnt want to take the risk of not being able to unlock my phone in an emergency

Stacy Darling
09-11-2017, 07:44 AM
I'd use Face or Iris recognition on a landline or work phone but never on personal devices!

A strong password will require Mental recognition, that's my favourite.

Beverley Sims
09-12-2017, 04:56 AM
I just press a button and my phone works.....

If I lose it only $30 lost in pre payment fees, I use a phone for communication.

The phone cost $10 and works on most networks around the world.

Oh! the password is four Zeroes. :-)

Beth-Lock
09-12-2017, 07:54 AM
I don't know about computer-based facial recognition, but when I used to dress and use only a little make up, like when I was going out in public, dressed, but was not dressing at home, when I would come back in, dressed, my pet rats did not seem to recognize me, and seemed afraid. And some would say they recognize others by their scent. though they were in their cages, and could not sniff me directly, I know, I think they had sensitive enough noses to pick up my scent anyway.

The good thing, is that when you end up passing consistently people you would rather not talk to often do not recognize you in public.

If in the future they use their cell-phone software app to recognize people, maybe if that does not work, that might not be a bad thing.