PDA

View Full Version : The Rule Book

Majella St Gerard
09-10-2017, 04:03 PM
I was wondering, where can I get my own copy of the crossdressing rule book? It seems that so many here know the rules and I wouldn't want to make a fashion faux pas. Thanks for any assistance.

sabrinaedwards
09-10-2017, 04:26 PM
There is only one rule: "There are no rules" Seriously, we are all out there, dressed as females although male. We have broken all the rules!
Love, Sabrina

kimdl93
09-10-2017, 04:34 PM
One person's fashion faux pas is the height of fashion for another. Of course, we each have to decide for ourselves. I am trying to avoid expressing opinions on style. I have my own...but keep them to myself to the greatest possible extent.

Tracii G
09-10-2017, 04:38 PM
I get bashed for not wearing dresses and skirts often enough so welcome to the club.
I've been told "real" MtF CDers only wear dresses.

kimdl93
09-10-2017, 04:49 PM
I think you're more than real enough Tracii. And for the real world, dresses are seldom seen in less than formal occasions...that applies to GGs and MtF's, I should think.

When one crosses over into a private, other than real world situation, I'd think pretty much anything goes.

jack-ie
09-10-2017, 04:52 PM
I feel every bit as Fem in jeans and a fem top as in a dress or skirt. Why not? I was at an event earlier today with prob 15-20 people, evenly divided M an F. Only one GG there was wearing a top and skirt. I happen to know that she attends church every Sunday and her outfit was prob what she wore this morning. There are no rules, it's whatever flips your skirt or, if you prefer, your jeans.

Lana Mae
09-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Majella, the rules are: Rule #1 There are no rules! Rule #2 See rule #1! Out in public maybe not so risque but really anything goes! Hugs Lana Mae

mykell
09-10-2017, 05:22 PM
i did a google search :eek:.....this stood out :D....no rule books came up :devil:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?68926-Rules-for-crossdressing/page2

Rachael Leigh
09-10-2017, 05:26 PM
For me I just watch the styles of other GGs and if I like it I wear it, if not I don't.
I'm pretty basic and the only dresses I wear are sun dresses other then that shorts mostly in summer and leggings and jeans in fall and winter

Majella St Gerard
09-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the sincere replies but I was being sarcastic.

Peace and Love
Gerri

Ressie
09-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Majella, the support group that I'm part of likes to go out in groups and there are guidelines for what not to wear and suggestions of what to wear. It's better if everyone in the group blends in with GGs. If one person gets any kind of harassment it can spoil it for the whole group. Of course it's not a CD rule book, but our group has rules. Why?

Some establishments might bar the group if there is any kind of trouble related to provocative outfits. Nearly anything goes in gay bars but.. For safety reasons we need the whole group to blend in when going on outings in the vanilla world. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you the guidelines we go by. It doesn't have much to do with fashion, just common sense.

Rogina B
09-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Majella, the support group that I'm part of likes to go out in groups and there are guidelines for what not to wear and suggestions of what to wear. It's better if everyone in the group blends in with GGs. If one person gets any kind of harassment it can spoil it for the whole group. It doesn't have much to do with fashion, just common sense.
Sort of like wearing "fetish wear" to a fetish party,but having to make a pit stop at the drugstore on the way there...You tend to get "extra attention" and some comes from people that instantly "fetishise" your clothing ! And follow you outside with their tongues out..lol

Allisa
09-10-2017, 07:57 PM
They send you one when they take your man card or there's an APP for that.

Ressie
09-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Sort of like wearing "fetish wear" to a fetish party,but having to make a pit stop at the drugstore on the way there

The bright lights in the store would be enough to scare me! Hope you're doing OK with the intense weather down there Rogina.

Princess Chantal
09-10-2017, 08:09 PM
I would love to throw the rule book in the fire pit, however don't want any of the "preachers" getting hurt as they jump in to save it

Rogina B
09-10-2017, 08:10 PM
We are now in good shape here in Lauderdale as the wind is now from the SW. I fear for Tampa Bay area...

Jean 103
09-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Majella. I got it. It's the difference between being a fetish dresser and living life as a transgender person.

Teresa
09-11-2017, 01:02 AM
Majella,
I realised you were being sarcastic , and I know who the comment was aimed at.

Going back to your other thread we would hated reading you ended up in A&E with severe injuries if that incident had gone badly wrong. Sometimes we do care and seeing another in trouble can only reflect on the rest of us and give us food for thought of what could happen in the wrong place at the wrong time .

You know the rules , stay safe, don't make stupid mistakes, we all care , please understand that .

Tracii G
09-11-2017, 05:49 AM
I agree Teresa.
Others comments are not meant with malice but actually quite the opposite.

Stacy Darling
09-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Since my copy of the book is currently a work in progress within my own mind! and this rule book shall not even apply to myself! I cannot be of any assistance!
Oh! and a Fashion Faux pas! I wouldn't get out of bed if I couldn't intentionally make one!
Stacy!

Hell on Heels
09-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Haven't you ever heard,
"Rules are made to be broken" ?
The only problem with that is, once the
fun of being soooo mischievous wears off,
theres usually a price too pay!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Sarah Doepner
09-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Majella,

I had a copy of that rule book and placed it on the shelf next to the one with all the details of the LGBTQ+ agenda. Now I can't find either one. It's a shame too, because both of them had lots of specifics with great illustrations and wonderful photography. Maybe they were recalled for updates since everything seems to change on a person by person, hour by hour, relationship by relationship basis.

I'll keep looking and if I find them I'll let everyone know. Until then I guess we are still on our own.

IleneD
09-11-2017, 10:12 AM
My wife has always described me as a Rule Breaker. [She, however, is a rule maker and follower.]
A bad habit I've always had, even in the confines of military discipline in the Navy. I wonder how I survived without courts martial.

Of course ... break the rules. I'd say that wearing a dress as a man breaks some kind of rule.

Erica Skifishski
09-11-2017, 12:09 PM
There are rules and there are principles.

Rule: come home before 10.
Principle: Nothing good happens after midnight.

See, the rule is a boundary (arbitrary as it may seem) that you, or someone who loves you, sets and it is designed with the intent to avoid the negative consequences of a given principle that is in play.

Does dressing that way increase the chances that you'll get hit on? Does bro-tus doing a bunch of blow increase the chances that he will think its OK to follow ladies into the restroom? Your sisters have your back and those that you're calling out are correct. Does it suck for everybody LGBTQ, CD, GG, whoever, that they are right? yes. yes it does. There is an acknowledgement of that. It doesn't mean that they support it, that kinda s**T take a long time to change.

Fiona123
09-11-2017, 12:38 PM
Be yourself, be authentic. For some this means dressing in public, for others it may mean discreet underdressing. The is no one right way to be a crossdresser or TG.

Jenny22
09-11-2017, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't call it a rule book, but more of a hand book for me ... this wonderful forum. I just wish the search function could give better info on posts that apply to my searches.

docrobbysherry
09-11-2017, 07:19 PM
U just violated Catch 22, Majella! For that, and other unnamed transgressions, u have been put on, "Double secret" probation!

Just one more like that and you're banned from our sorority!:Angry3:

BLUE ORCHID
09-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Hi Majella :hugs:, The one rule that works for me is, If It makes me happy is my only rule...:daydreaming:...

Tracy Irving
09-11-2017, 08:40 PM
I have a shelf in my library dedicated to the shortest books ever written. I wanted to see if this rule book would be there so I did a little digging. I couldn't find it yet but here are some of the other titles on the shelf:

1000 Years of German Humor
The Code of Ethics for Lawyers
Italian War Heroes
Who’s who in Puerto Rico
Egyptian Battle Tactics
The Jewish Book of Business Ethics
The Australian Book of Foreplay
The Book of Motivated Postal Workers (Canadian edition) (U.S.edition)
The Vatican List of Celibate Priests
Americans’ Guide to Etiquette
The World Guide to Good American Beer
Royal Family’s Guide to Good Marriages
Bill Clinton: A Portrait of Integrity
Jerry Garcia’s Guide to Beating Drug Addiction
Contraception by Pope John Paul II
Cooking Gourmet Dishes With Tofu
Countries Competing In The World Series
The Englishman’s Guide to the Secrets of Romance

Just kidding. I don't have a library. This list is from the internet.

RenneB
09-11-2017, 08:49 PM
I tend to use a list of best practices and not rules so to speak....

Rule #1 - whatever I put on, I'm going to have to take off so make sure I have the "take off" stuff necessary.

Rule #2 - When heading to the bathroom, look down to see how i'm dressed.... If I look like a girl, then it's the girl's room. If not, find a tree :-)

Rule #3 - Have fun and get used to it. This is going to be a way of life for some time....

Just a few off the top of my head....

Renne.....

Dana44
09-11-2017, 09:05 PM
I think we already broke the rules. Gee if there ever was a rule book. Naw we all break the rules so enjoy your CD life. Nobody is the same here and no rule book would ever work.

Erica Skifishski
09-12-2017, 10:18 AM
If its gonna be stuck in my head all day, I'll return the favor...

Was it something that somebody said
Mama I know we broke the rules
Was somebody up against the law
Honey you know I'd die for you

Bobbi46
09-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Rules? who needs them. Surely it comes down to what you feel right in but also balanced with what people in general are wearing around you. If you want to stand out then so be it but if you want to blend then have a look at others and adapt there tastes to what you like and then bingo you mix in and go out without getting unwanted looks. Its all down to individualism what's good for one is not so good for another.

Kayliedaskope
09-12-2017, 01:18 PM
I have a shelf in my library dedicated to the shortest books ever written. I wanted to see if this rule book would be there so I did a little digging. I couldn't find it yet but here are some of the other titles on the shelf:

1000 Years of German Humor
The Code of Ethics for Lawyers
Italian War Heroes
Who’s who in Puerto Rico
Egyptian Battle Tactics
The Jewish Book of Business Ethics
The Australian Book of Foreplay
The Book of Motivated Postal Workers (Canadian edition) (U.S.edition)
The Vatican List of Celibate Priests
Americans’ Guide to Etiquette
The World Guide to Good American Beer
Royal Family’s Guide to Good Marriages
Bill Clinton: A Portrait of Integrity
Jerry Garcia’s Guide to Beating Drug Addiction
Contraception by Pope John Paul II
Cooking Gourmet Dishes With Tofu
Countries Competing In The World Series
The Englishman’s Guide to the Secrets of Romance

Just kidding. I don't have a library. This list is from the internet.

And let's not forget the shortest one ever, Tracy:
A Man's Guide to Understanding Women.
:p

Did you hear about the man who finally figured out how women think?
He died laughing before he could tell anyone ...

Aunt Kelly
09-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the sincere replies but I was being sarcastic.

Why? Why ask what appears to be a reasonably serious question, inviting other members to provide input, and then turn around and tell them it was all bulls**t?

Christie ann
09-12-2017, 05:58 PM
So I guess I should stop looking on Amazon for the rules.

CynthiaD
09-12-2017, 06:39 PM
My number one rule (and basically only rule) is this: Dress in female clothing as often as possible. All the time if you can manage it.

LydiaL
09-12-2017, 06:58 PM
I was wondering, where can I get my own copy of the crossdressing rule book? It seems that so many here know the rules and I wouldn't want to make a fashion faux pas. Thanks for any assistance.

Such a book could be a best-seller, dont'cha think? I'd better get started on my version of such a project.

(Oh, dang. Writer's block just trying to complete the first sentence of my tome!)

L

natalie edwards
09-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Yeah let me guess. This Is about getting beat up over your outfit in your "getting propositioned" thread?
Get over it! No one really cares what anyone does or wears.
I took that thread as more of a oh look at me...someone wants me rather than a wtf? I can't go anywhere without being bothered